Bad Examples of Using Images as Letters

letsgomets1212

Forgive me if there is a topic like this already, I couldn't find one.

I came across this logo today and it drives me crazy and this is the only place on the internet I could think of that might understand.

I cannot stand it when companies use an image or logo in place of a letter, and do it poorly. There are obviously some incredible examples of this done very well, but I would argue there are just as many examples of it looking pretty bad and forced. Here's my example of the worst I can ever remember seeing:

spacer.png

That poor "L" was hung out to dry. Would love to see some other examples people have of this concept being executed poorly.

Its very rare a logo works using iconography in place of letters. In fact I'm struggling to think of an example of when it does.

I saw one just yesterday - using potatoes in place of the letter O. All I could read were the letters - it was like a half completed Wheel of Fortune board.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 4:41 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

5 Best Fatal 4-way matches in WWE history

I feel like there must be a million WWE examples here...and I'm coming up with blanks. This is a good one though.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I feel like there must be a million WWE examples here...and I'm coming up with blanks. This is a good one though.

Oh there definitely is.

WrestleMania 16 | Wrestlemania 16, Wwe ppv, Wwe logo

This is one logo that benefits from the WWE logo change since in the original, is that WWFrestlemania?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 5:00 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

Oh there definitely is.

WrestleMania 16 | Wrestlemania 16, Wwe ppv, Wwe logo

This is one logo that benefits from the WWE logo change since in the original, is that WWFrestlemania?

This one looks like WTF Restlemania

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Russell Westbrook has a chain of car dealerships in California.  (Unsure if there are some in other states.)  Its logo makes it look like it reads "Wrussell Westbrook," which I suppose would be pronounced exactly the same way.

9a1f7fa477b500ee083efde290e7580cx.jpg?im

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived