NFL//NHL MASHUP SERIES... 2021

luisgiants40

On 7/10/2021 at 6:16 AM, luisgiants40 said:

Keep moving.. Nashville Predators uni  football concepts

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

===================================;;;;/////;;;;;;=========================================================

===================================;;;;/////;;;;;;=========================================================

The Predators look very late-1990s, which makes perfect sense given that’s when they came to be. Well done. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston Bruins Concepts
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
===================================XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX===================================
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
===================================XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX===================================
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
=================================XXXXXXXXXXXXXX==========================================

2 hours ago, luisgiants40 said:

Boston Bruins Concepts
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
=================================XXXXXXXXXXXXXX==========================================

Everything looks great except for the main black uniform. I would try putting the Main logo to have it match with the white jersey as well. The White and alts look amazing. I love both the yellow and brown uniforms. They not only convey old school hockey, but old school football as well. Great job

ZUH86xc.png

15 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Everything looks great except for the main black uniform. I would try putting the Main logo to have it match with the white jersey as well. The White and alts look amazing. I love both the yellow and brown uniforms. They not only convey old school hockey, but old school football as well. Great job

Great suggestion, I'll try to find some time to make the black uniform with the actual logo, thanks

LOS ANGELES KINGS 4 CONCEPTS... 
================================xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=====================================
===============================xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=====================================
===============================xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=====================================

On 7/9/2021 at 2:24 PM, luisgiants40 said:

A Throwback (Reversed Retro) and a Color Rush for the Bolts

Overall, these are really well done. However, I don't think you really need the logo patch on the chest and the shoulder badges are a bit big. 

Maybe it's because it would start moving these more towards football jerseys of hockey teams vs hockey inspired football jerseys (if that makes sense). 

The quality of the designs is top notch. My only two gripes:

- Forcing sleeve numbers in small areas when there is a ton of room for shoulder numbers. I get it that it is more of a "hockey aesthetic" but it just seems to lose the function of the sleeve/shoulder (tv) numbers when they're THAT small. It feels like some of the designs translate better on the "fan" version vs the "player" version.

- The constant barrage of chest logo badges. This should be more the exception than the rule. For some teams, a wordmark above the front number would work. Full blown logos seem to clutter things up. 

I am very interested in seeing what is in store for the Senators. I am curious to see if an attempt at a Roman helmet will be made. 

On 7/21/2021 at 11:22 AM, Karnage84 said:

Maybe it's because it would start moving these more towards football jerseys of hockey teams vs hockey inspired football jerseys (if that makes sense). 

The quality of the designs is top notch. My only two gripes:

- Forcing sleeve numbers in small areas when there is a ton of room for shoulder numbers. I get it that it is more of a "hockey aesthetic" but it just seems to lose the function of the sleeve/shoulder (tv) numbers when they're THAT small. It feels like some of the designs translate better on the "fan" version vs the "player" version.

- The constant barrage of chest logo badges. This should be more the exception than the rule. For some teams, a wordmark above the front number would work. Full blown logos seem to clutter things up. 

I am very interested in seeing what is in store for the Senators. I am curious to see if an attempt at a Roman helmet will be made. 

Thanks K84 for your comments.. 
I'm a huge fan of badges on the chest, I'll try to make some more clean designs for the next teams (Lol)... You're correct in Sleeve numbers.. I'll try to put the numbers on the shoulders.. 
Thanks man. 

On 7/22/2021 at 12:26 PM, luisgiants40 said:

Thanks K84 for your comments.. 
I'm a huge fan of badges on the chest, I'll try to make some more clean designs for the next teams (Lol)... You're correct in Sleeve numbers.. I'll try to put the numbers on the shoulders.. 
Thanks man. 

These are your concepts, so I totally get it. I just find that chest badges clutter things up and take away from the overall design. Adding some of the logos as patches on the outside shoulders (a la Ravens) would look sharp. 

Again - it all depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Are these football jerseys that are inspired by NHL teams or are they hockey jerseys being translated to football? It seems minor but it's a big difference - large front logos or sleeve numbers are more of the hockey aesthetic (unless you count the CFL's attempts at 3rd jerseys) while shoulder numbers, front numbers, sleeve badges are more of the football aesthetic. 

Overall, you've done a great job in your designs and presentation. These are just my particularities in sports design. 

Archived