MLB non-intimidating team names

19 hours ago, Quillz said:

On this note, this reminds me of the time I've encountered deer while hiking. Deer are nothing like Bambi. They are big and very ferocious. Their kicks can break your back (at best), and kill you at worst.

I was once charged by a deer while I was riding my bike on the Capital Crescent Trail in Washington. It appeared out of the brush, and ran right at me.  I stopped, got off my bike, and backed away. Luckily, it stopped its run, and melted back into the bushes.

I headed back the way I had come for a little while, and then just stopped and waited and watched. Eventually some people came by on foot who must have passed the spot where the deer had been. I asked them if they had seen anything, and they said that they had not. So I took the chance of resuming my original course, and I made it to the end of the trail without further incident. 

Still, I will say that to have been pursued — even briefly — by a savage beast was most unsettling. 

12 hours ago, DEAD! said:

All this time and no one mentioned the Yankees? Or are they too intimidating for the South? 

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• 1 month later...

My guess is that sports are a safe substitute for combat, and combantants have to be fierce to survive. I am guessing that MLB is different because it isn't a "contact" sport where two "armies" seek to invade eachother's space or shoot something into the eachother's territory.

I do like that. The idea that sports team names have to be intimidating is the logic of a 12 year old, because I don't know anybody who is intimidated by the fact that their opponent is named something scary. The only worse naming convention is picking one because its alliterative. 

Your team name should have regional significance first and foremost.

On 8/30/2021 at 2:01 PM, the admiral said:

"we're back?"
"We're back. Look, I've said it once and I'll say it again, naming sports teams after socks is [MOD EDIT}."
"Anna, no!"

Lol, what's this from?

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

Archived