2021 NHL Offseason - Let's Get Kraken

spartacat_12

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/29/2021 at 11:23 AM, SFGiants58 said:

Fun fact: that exact post never existed. It’s an amalgamation of several posts by BigMac12 and Mings, IIRC. 

I'm pretty sure it did exist, during a meltdown thread about turning the jobberdome into a parking lot.  Looking at your join date, I think it was a year before your time.  I think that thread might be lost though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'm pretty sure it did exist, during a meltdown thread about turning the jobberdome into a parking lot.  Looking at your join date, I think it was a year before your time.  I think that thread might be lost though.

Here's a reference to it from 2010:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah... this is :censored:ing awful. I want any member of management that was on the team at the time purged. Clean house. I don't care how much of an effect it has on the team's performance to completely upend the front office. If they knew, they need to be gone. The whole "it wasn't my duty to report it to the police" thing doesn't fly nowadays.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

NHL 22 trailer was released today, and it was announced that Matthews is the cover athlete, again, for the 2nd time in 3 years.

spacer.png

I'm sure EA hears the complaints every year about how the game never changes, and now they've recycled cover athletes 2 years in a row. Kucherov, Point, Vasilevskiy, and Hedman have just won back to back Cups and have never been on a cover. Marketable stars like MacKinnon, Pastrnak, and Panarin still haven't had one. Even Carey Price would've been a good choice after his playoff run.

https://media.nhl.com/public/news/15226

The preseason schedule is released! Here's some notes;

• The Islanders will be playing preseason home games in Bridgeport and will start the season on a road trip until UBS is finished
  • There will be split-squad games; a Nashville/Florida doubleheader and San Jose vs. Anaheim and Vegas.
  • Neutral-site games are in Abbotsford (CAL/VAN), Independence (CHI/STL), Orlando (FLA/TBL) and Salt Lake City (VGK/LAK)

On 8/20/2021 at 5:17 PM, See Red said:

What EA should do is fix the goalie mechanics and then put Vasi on the cover.  But they didn't do the second part and I doubt they'll do the first part, either. 

There's a mountain of things EA needs to fix in NHL, and none of it will be fixed - ever. The move to the Frostbite engine is probably going to make things worse, the mechanics in Madden are terrible.

20 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The Hurricanes decided to enact some petty revenge on the Habs for the Aho/RFA thing a couple years ago, and their Twitter account is, once again, a bunch of stupid memes.

I would be embarrassed if the Lightning Twitter account conducted themselves this way.

Just when I didn't think the Hurricanes could be more online than they already are, they absolutely took it another level today and OH BROTHER it STINKS

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

20 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The Hurricanes decided to enact some petty revenge on the Habs for the Aho/RFA thing a couple years ago, and their Twitter account is, once again, a bunch of stupid memes.

I would be embarrassed if the Lightning Twitter account conducted themselves this way.

Maybe they will tweet out an apology letter to their fans. 

T1oYViW.png

On 8/28/2021 at 7:21 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

What?! An account which is most likely run by an intern in their 20s, on a site that is known for posting & sharing memes, has been posting memes that relate to the situation?

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

56 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Imagine in the year of our Lord 2021 still believing the person who runs a team's or a brand's social media accounts is an intern.

I've worked for three different division 1 athletic departments, and at each school we had an intern, or a team of them, running our social media accounts. I suppose college athletics may be different than an NHL franchise, but I don't think it is unreasonable to think a pro sports team could have an intern send tweets occasionally. 

T1oYViW.png

ECHL Cincinnati Cyclones Assistant Coach Jason Payne has been promoted to Head Coach after the departure of Head Coach Matt Thomas to AHL Providence as an Assistant Coach. Payne becomes just the fifth BIPOC to be head coach at the pro level joining Dirk Graham (Chicago Blackhawks, NHL, 1998-99), Shawn Wheeler (Charlotte Checkers, ECHL, 1998-2000), Graham Townsend (Macon Whoope, Greensboro Generals, CHL/ECHL, 1999-2002), and Leo Thomas (Macon Mayhem, SPHL, 2018-2019).

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived