2021 NHL Offseason - Let's Get Kraken

spartacat_12

32 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

I like watching drafts on TV (I'm weird in that way) and expansion drafts don't happen all the time so I was excited to watch it tonight, only to find that nearly all the picks have been spoiled already.

Dumb as hell.

Yeah, it's too bad.  I know it's more difficult to keep things under wraps than it used to be, but it seems like this should not happen.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/19/2021 at 9:44 AM, Dilbert said:

Nashville prospect Luke Prokop comes out as gay.  He played last season in the WHL with the Calgary Hitmen.

Watch out for Luke Antikop, who goes around telling people he's straight

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I don't know any of those guys :(

Giordiano was in Norris consideration for most of the 2010s on go-nowhere Flames teams and finally won one a couple years ago as a lifetime achievement award. He had the misfortune of being an also-ran to Duncan Keith and Drew Doughty. Jordan Eberle was a useful piece for bad Oilers teams and good Islanders teams. Calle Jarnkrok is yet another one of those old Detroit prospects that was hyped to the moon as the next Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Franzen but then turned out to be kinda okay. "He's just staying in Grand Rapids so he'll be really ready!"

1 hour ago, charger77 said:

Thanks to Twitter the NHL’s 1st event under the new TV deal with ESPN has been spoiled. OITGDNHL.

FWIW, Twitter also spoils every single pick of the NFL and NBA drafts as well. 

With all of the wheeling and dealing about which picks were made with 30 different teams, of course they would be leaked to media. People like to talk.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Those wacky Carolina Hurricanes are at it again! Truly they are the clown princes of hockey. To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Carolina Hurricanes. The humor is extremely subtle, and

I have no idea what Carolina is thinking here. They draft Ned, spend 7 years developing him, and when he finally breaks out with a Calder-calibre season they dump him for a 3rd round pick and a UFA they might not even be able to sign? 

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

I have no idea what Carolina is thinking here. They draft Ned, spend 7 years developing him, and when he finally breaks out with a Calder-calibre season they dump him for a 3rd round pick and a UFA they might not even be able to sign? 

Yeah, not happy about it. It especially sucks because Ned is a Clevelander and I enjoyed seeing someone from my city playing on my favorite NHL team. This one stings, especially considering it appears Detroit signed him to a very reasonable two-year contract. This one stings bad.

T1oYViW.png

Bowman should be gone by tomorrow morning. Disgusting.

The term "rape culture" has been overused into oblivion -- like, if a guy stares at boobs, that's rape culture, if anyone does anything you don't like, it's rape culture. It's the same thing with gaslighting and any other term that dribbles out of specialized areas and into mainstream discourse. But hockey does seem to have an actual rape culture, as in "everyone keeps literally raping people." Players rape women, coaches rape players, sexual deviance seems to abound throughout hockey. How do we rehabilitate the sport to get all this out? This is nothing new, it's Graham James and Swift Current all over again, it keeps getting passed down. There's too much degeneracy in this game.

All that being said, don't pay any attention to the pissbabies who say that we need to "abolish the Chicago Blackhawks" or anything like that where they're just leveraging this to settle their own personal grievances and agendas. Maybe you've heard it, maybe you haven't yet, but don't kid yourself, it's coming.

Archived