Nike MLB Jersey Template

AusGiant

Well I've found myself in another lockdown, so this meant some time off work and passing time on Inkscape. Here's what I've made:

gSbLSVB.png

No, that isn't a promo shot from Nike for their MLB range, it's a SVG template that @johnrafael and I made. I've only made enough piping for a recreated Giants jersey, but I'm down to add more if this gets enough traction. The SVG contains opaque and blurred layers to heighten its 'realness'.

Here's the comparison between the SVG and Nike promo

nebsZTz.png

And finally, the SVG download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/icsmgi5m4z6gbjz/NikeJersey2.0.svg?dl=0

I used the template in Illustrator (since I'm more familiar with that than Inkscape) to do a Twins home uniform concept, and it turned out pretty great! I love the functionality and ease-of-use of it. 

Q6fsHzP.jpg

I'd love to see more features added, such as maybe a pinstripe version or thicker applications of piping! Great work!

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

I used the template in Illustrator (since I'm more familiar with that than Inkscape) to do a Twins home uniform concept, and it turned out pretty great! I love the functionality and ease-of-use of it. 

Q6fsHzP.jpg

I'd love to see more features added, such as maybe a pinstripe version or thicker applications of piping! Great work!

Nice!! I just added some head spoon piping and thicker shoulder piping to the dropbox file, where I've also added detail to the sleeves and buttons. I'll definitely get around to adding pinstripes soon. 

Did the 'shadows' work well on Illustrator? I see they aren't there in your jersey.  Just preference?

11 hours ago, AusGiant said:

Nice!! I just added some head spoon piping and thicker shoulder piping to the dropbox file, where I've also added detail to the sleeves and buttons. I'll definitely get around to adding pinstripes soon. 

Did the 'shadows' work well on Illustrator? I see they aren't there in your jersey.  Just preference?

It was pretty much a mix of both, the shadows didn't really show up in Illustrator as well as they did in Inkscape (I downloaded it just to try it out), but I probably like the flat colors better anyway.

The only other suggestion I would have would be to maybe do a triple headspoon piping version (like the Braves' uniform). Once again, I appreciate it!

Archived