MLB Color Rush Uniforms 30/30 COMPLETE

johne9109

So I decided to do a multipart series for my next project. So the 4 major American sport leagues (MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA) all feature a unique uniform program; MLB- City Connect, NHL- Reverse Retro, NFL-color rush, NBA- City edition.) I decided to swap them around between the leagues. The first of these that I will be tackling is the MLB getting Color Rush uniforms.

Arizona Diamondbacks V 2.0
Atlanta Braves V 2.0
Baltimore Orioles V 2.0
Boston Red Sox V 2.0 V 3.0
Chicago White Sox
Chicago Cubs V 2.0
Cincinnati Reds V 2.0
Cleveland Guardian (Indians)
Colorado Rockies V2.0
Detroit Tigers
Houston Astros
Kansas City Royals V 2.0
Los Angeles Angels V2.0
Los Angeles Dodgers V 2.0
Miami Marlins V 2.0
Milwaukee Brewers V 2.0 V 3.0
Minnesota Twins V 2.0

New York Yankees

New York Mets V 2.0
Oakland Athletics V 2.0
Philadelphia Phillies V 2.0 V 3.0
Pittsburgh Pirates

San Diego Padres V 2.0
San Francisco Giants
Seattle Mariners
St. Louis Cardinals V 2.0
Tampa Bay Rays
Texas Rangers
Toronto Blue Jays
Washington Nationals

ZUH86xc.png

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona Diamondbacks

qwSp0jw.png

For the Diamondbacks I did a combination of a couple of uniforms. I kept the teams current color scheme and took that Sedona red from head to toe. I hate the D-Backs word mark that the team uses, it looks like it says D Bags, so I went back to the old Diamond Backs word mark. I also featured the team logo rather than the stylize A on the hat. C&C appreciated

ZUH86xc.png

Atlanta Braves

cy4URkt.png

I know my first two uniforms have been red, but for one this is the MLB so expect A LOT of red and blue and two I have always liked the red jerseys over the blue. The biggest change with the color rush uniform is the golden yellow that is used in the logo has now been promoted to tertiary color. I think it adds a whole new element to the uniform and will help it stand out in the long run. The helmet also features the sleeve logo that the team usually wears. 

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 2/30 Braves added

Love what I’m seeing so far. A few comments:

- I wonder how the D-Backs would look with turquoise as the main color since I imagine there will be a lot of red teams in this series and turquoise would be more unique

- I’d like to see the Braves’ classic stirrup design on Atlanta but with gold stripes replacing white. Also, speaking of white, maybe double outlines on the scripts and numbers in white so they pop a bit more against the red.

Keep up the great work!

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Love what I’m seeing so far. A few comments:

- I wonder how the D-Backs would look with turquoise as the main color since I imagine there will be a lot of red teams in this series and turquoise would be more unique

- I’d like to see the Braves’ classic stirrup design on Atlanta but with gold stripes replacing white. Also, speaking of white, maybe double outlines on the scripts and numbers in white so they pop a bit more against the red.

Keep up the great work!

Here's Arizona with the teal as the main color. Can't say I like it, but it definitely stands out

m0tkAkB.png

I also fixed the socks on the braves for you. I tried white double outlines, but it made everything washed out so I kept the lettering as is

8efu8sG.png

ZUH86xc.png

Baltimore Orioles

XjyuP8s.png

I have always loved the Orioles colors and branding. It was a no brainer for me to go with orange as the main color. Other people or even Baltimore themselves would go with black as the main color, but the orange is so distinct. I also went with an older script; I liked the use of both the team name and city as well as the oriole on top of the wordmark. Because of this choice of logo I also had to go with a pull over jersey which is different for Baltimore. 

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 3/30 Orioles added

Boston Red Sox

M7vBhVJ.png

When I went into making the Red Sox uniform I knew I wanted to do two things, use red as jersey color and use the green monster green.  I still used the navy blue to break up the red and green in places. I still don't know how the Red Sox haven't brought the green monster green in as a color yet; maybe in a future city connect?

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 4/30 Red Sox added added

Chicago White Sox

KYW594q.png

I 100% was going to make a black pinstriped uniform for the White Sox color rush, but then I remembered that's exactly what they did for their City Connect uniform. I instead did a WHITE out uniform for the WHITE sox. I know it's gonna get so messy with it being baseball, but I think it would be a one of a kind look. 

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 5/30 White Sox added
3 hours ago, johne9109 said:

I played around with the Red Sox a little more and went with a Green Monster green version. Like Arizona; I don't know if I like it better, but it sure is more unique

GH47rH1.png

This would be great if the numbering and lettering was all white with a red outline. I would also use the traditional Red Sox number font instead of plain block.

10 hours ago, lgbaseball8 said:

This would be great if the numbering and lettering was all white with a red outline. I would also use the traditional Red Sox number font instead of plain block.

Thank you for the feedback; you helped me fix this uniform and I think it's perfect now. I fixed the lettering (how did I forget to do that?) and instead of white lettering I went with red lettering with a white outline which replicates the retired numbers that are on display in Fenway. Thank you again for the help, it truly looks amazing now and I wish the Sox would adapt something like this for a future City Connect uniform

XX3IMV3.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 6/30 Cubs added
  • johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 7/30 Reds added

Orioles - I think the script would look better in white with a black or orange “Baltimore” in the tail 

Red Sox - The Fenway green update is perfect!

Cubs - I really like the red pins on a blue uniform design but I’d maybe go with just their regular cap “C” for the cap design.

White Sox - I’d like to see you play up silver a bit more over the black.

Reds - I’d probably make the crest on the front of the jersey white. Basically their regular red alt but with red pants.

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Orioles - I think the script would look better in white with a black or orange “Baltimore” in the tail 

Red Sox - The Fenway green update is perfect!

Cubs - I really like the red pins on a blue uniform design but I’d maybe go with just their regular cap “C” for the cap design.

White Sox - I’d like to see you play up silver a bit more over the black.

Reds - I’d probably make the crest on the front of the jersey white. Basically their regular red alt but with red pants.

Orioles The white script didn't really work but I did still change the Baltimore in the tail to black and I like that

XD6n5uo.png

Red Sox- Thanks! I really like it

Cubs- Simple fix!

QMBLH18.png

White Sox- I stuck with black because the uniform gets really washed out once the grey comes too much into play with it being a white out uniform

Cincinnati Reds- Great call on the logo!

93Lsx4e.png

ZUH86xc.png

I am going to skip Cleveland for now. With them changing their name after this season I want to do something with what they end up becoming and let's be honest their branding is boring right now with no proper logo. So instead let's look at the Rockies

EeaKn4T.png

Purple of course and I knew I wanted to use the old logo with the mountain. The Rockies have also been a big user of the sleeveless pullover so I used that for their uniform here. I also used their silver as a more prominent color without completely dropping black

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 8/30 Rockies added

Interesting series so far. I made a similar turquoise uniform for the D-Backs last year as well. Only thing I really think you should do is add more socks that contrast with the pants. The Cubs are probably your biggest culprit in not doing this. I would make the sanitary socks under the stirrups red to provide more contrast. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Cleveland Guardians (Indians)

Well thankfully I didn't have to wait long for the announcement and I was eager to hop on doing this color rush uniform

X2boNf5.png

So I know that they're gonna use the C logo that I put on the socks on their hat, but I really liked the G logo that I had to put it on the hat. I also wanted to accentuate the white quite a bit in this uniform due to the large use of white in the logo. I think this came out pretty well

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 9/30 Guardians (Indians) added

Archived