MLB Color Rush Uniforms 30/30 COMPLETE

johne9109

Rockies - Looks good! I think that chest logo would look better on a pullover style jersey, though.

Guardians - No complaints!

Tigers - I’d like to see more white incorporated, since the mostly orange and navy look is pretty intense.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Houston Astros

PEvHPCX.png

The Astros get a combination of some of their uniforms throughout their history as well as some creative liberties. I knew I wanted to use the retro uniform in some way but didn't want it to be overpowering. I also didn't want another predominantly orange uniform after Baltimore and Detroit. So I took elements from their current alternate and put it on a pullover like the retro uniform. I also put the rainbow pattern on the sides of the pants as well as the hat. The sleeve also gets a retro logo mainly due to me liking the logo and wanting to use it. 

ZUH86xc.png

9 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Rockies - Looks good! I think that chest logo would look better on a pullover style jersey, though.

Guardians - No complaints!

Tigers - I’d like to see more white incorporated, since the mostly orange and navy look is pretty intense.

Rockies

zu9RwCH.png

kIRGepm.png

I had to play around with the template a lil bit but here is the Rockies on a sleeveless pullover. I think I like it as was more.

Tigers-I wanted to go for intense and if that came across then that means I did my job. I might try a version with some more white later on

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 11/30 Astros added

Kansas City Royals

3hrltHS.png

I wanted to do something really different for KC. I know there are going to be A LOT of teams using blue and the Royals have used both shades of blue for their uniforms. So I went with their gold as the main color. I know it's not a pleasing color, but it really fits the brand of a team named the Royals. I feel it is also balanced with the royal and powder blue used throughout

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 12/30 Royals added

Los Angeles Angels

Ai6G4kP.png

Given that the teams name is the Angels I knew I wanted to go the white route with their uniform. I also decided to play up the silver more to help them stand out from other teams with a blue and red color combo. I think this came out nice

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 13/30 Angels added

LA Dodgers

7SXMKN2.png

I knew I would do a blue uniform for the Dodgers, but to help separate them from the Cubs I decided to play up the white over the red; something the Dodgers tend to already do. I also used the wordmark with the flying baseball as it's always been a great logo

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 14/30 Dodgers added

Miami Marlins

suk5Hqt.png

The Marlins have been taking some very small steps and trying to fix their uniforms; I decided to take it that extra step here. The basis of this uniform is the original Florida Marlins pinstripe uniform. So I took that and used the current logos and used the current "Miami" blue and "caliente" red for the main color and pinstripes respectively. It's bold, intense, and in your face which is so Miami as  city. 

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 15/30 Marlins added

Astros - I expected something wilder given their colorful uniform history but this still looks good. 

Royals - I don’t mind the solid gold look but I’d replace powder blue with white. The metallic gold and powder blue touching makes for some ugliness. 

Angels - To differentiate a bit more from their regular home uniform, how about putting the cap logo on the jersey?

Dodgers - I don’t think you need the red trim around the script on the front. Otherwise, I like this one!

Marlins - Maybe make the inner stroke of the script and numbers white so they pop a bit more clearly against the blue jersey. I also think in real life, black pins on a blue uni would work better, but at least in concept form this works. 

Keep up the good work!

On 7/25/2021 at 2:11 PM, coco1997 said:

Astros - I expected something wilder given their colorful uniform history but this still looks good. 

Royals - I don’t mind the solid gold look but I’d replace powder blue with white. The metallic gold and powder blue touching makes for some ugliness. 

Angels - To differentiate a bit more from their regular home uniform, how about putting the cap logo on the jersey?

Dodgers - I don’t think you need the red trim around the script on the front. Otherwise, I like this one!

Marlins - Maybe make the inner stroke of the script and numbers white so they pop a bit more clearly against the blue jersey. I also think in real life, black pins on a blue uni would work better, but at least in concept form this works. 

Keep up the good work!

Astros-I went into this one knowing I wanted to implement the old design but not go too over the top in fear of it being hokey; it came out exactly as I wanted it

Royals- Here it is  with the white. It looks ok, but I prefer the powder blue

fWuwzXd.png

Angels-Looks a little to empty to me with just the logo

Mr8KcZm.png

Dodgers-Does look better without the trim

tuwTl4v.png

Marlins-I could go wither way with or without the white. I agree in real life they would probably do black striped, but I wanted to do something really in your face

UQQyBxJ.png

ZUH86xc.png

Milwaukee Brewers

nQqn5jN.png

I really like that the Brewers use an off white for their home jerseys and I almost went with that for the color rush. but it'd just be a redo of what they pretty much already have so I decided to go with a yellow uniform. I also decided to take the state logo that's usually on their sleeve and make it the main jersey logo. I have the Brewers newer wordmark and thought this was more unique. 

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 16/30 Brewers added

Royals update - I think replacing powder blue with white is an improvement and makes for a much cleaner look.

Marlins update - I would also add the white inner stroke to the jersey script and use their current number style. 

Brewers update - Looks great! The only thing I don’t like is that you brought back the old Times New Roman style numbers. 

I don't have much in the way of proper feedback, but as someone who doesn't follow baseball but does think it's a great-looking sport, I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm really enjoying this concept series! My one knock against baseball's aesthetic is that the traditional white vs. gray can get a little boring, so I've enjoyed seeing colorful alternates make their way into the sport more and more, and I think the Color Rush program is the perfect one to have crossed over to MLB.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:30 PM, johne9109 said:

Milwaukee Brewers

nQqn5jN.png

I really like that the Brewers use an off white for their home jerseys and I almost went with that for the color rush. but it'd just be a redo of what they pretty much already have so I decided to go with a yellow uniform. I also decided to take the state logo that's usually on their sleeve and make it the main jersey logo. I have the Brewers newer wordmark and thought this was more unique. 

You've got the start of something here. But there's two main tweaks I'd make.

-The dark panel on the gold crown is awkward. I get what you were going for, but a much more pleasing color balance could be achieved with a solid gold crown and a navy bill.

-The white numbers on gold would be insanely hard to read on players in action. Navy would be much easier. And you should use the far superior modern numbers because the old ones clash way too much with the modern logo.

EDIT: I actually wouldn't mind seeing you try a cream version of this. The current cream set is their weak link.

16 hours ago, WLD42 said:

I don't have much in the way of proper feedback, but as someone who doesn't follow baseball but does think it's a great-looking sport, I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm really enjoying this concept series! My one knock against baseball's aesthetic is that the traditional white vs. gray can get a little boring, so I've enjoyed seeing colorful alternates make their way into the sport more and more, and I think the Color Rush program is the perfect one to have crossed over to MLB.

Thanks. I agree that white and gray has gotten boring and is kind of out of date, but baseball is such a historic sport that I can't se them moving away from it permanently.

ZUH86xc.png

Minnesota Twins

0fdhGSY.png

For the Twins I took a hodge podge of logos; with the hat and helmet getting the baseball logo, the sleeve getting the lovely twin player logo, and the TC being on the socks. I recolored the wordmark to work on a red jersey and brought up the gold to be a more prominent color

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 17/30 Twins added
  • johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 18/30 Yankees added

Brewers update - An improvement but I think the inner stroke of the numbers should be white. The royal blue doesn't contrast enough with the navy. 

Twins - I would have the script on the front match the back numbers--white with navy and gold outlines. 

Yankees - Perfect as is!

The Brewers would look much better if you dropped royal blue from the equation altogether. I'm not sure why it's even part of their color pallet to be honest. They don't even use it in the uniforms save for a couple of sleeve patches. Either do a single outline in white or forget about the outline altogether.

The Twins look great from the back. But the wordmark looks muddled on the front. Either execute it the same as the numbers, or use a white outline between the blue and gold.

Yankees are perfect and totally on brand.

Milwaukee Brewers

AY6bcjt.png

So I think I found a compromise with the Brewers. I added a yellow inner outline on the letters and numbers. I wanted to keep the royal blue to emphasize a team color that is hardly used. 

Minnesota Twins

No0mw6C.png

I made the word mark on the front of the jersey match the back

ZUH86xc.png

Archived