MLB Color Rush Uniforms 30/30 COMPLETE

johne9109

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New York Mets

SBLpnhA.png

I always loved the Mets black jersey; a lot of that had to do with Mike Piazza being one of my favorite players and I always closely associated the two. So I took that and made some changes to make it stand out from past black jerseys and the rest of the current uniforms. The Mets have used every combination of Mets and New York wordmarks so I decided to use the skyline logo. everything else is pretty straight forward

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 19/30 Mets added
1 hour ago, Coiler said:

For me, the term "Color Rush" implies more out-there colors, and the Mets could always use their original proposed pink/black or the purple plaid of the 1916 Giants.

I've brought forward some underused colors, but color rush was just color vs. color and the teams would wear their team colors head to toe; at least by the NFL standards. Who knows; if the MLB did something similar they may do more non traditional colors, but I chose to stay within the same theming as when it was done with the NFL

ZUH86xc.png

Oakland A's

ZDoJvnL.png

I went full Elephant on this one. I made the Elephant logo main element on the front of the jersey as well as bringing back the '90's cap logo. I also brought in grey as a regular color just to bring it all together

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 20/30 Athletics added
  • johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 21/30 Phillies added
16 minutes ago, johne9109 said:

Philadelphia Phillies

j1yaSOE.png

For the Phillies I did an inverse of their pinstripes as well while bringing in some more blue. I also did a pullover jersey inorder to use the Phillies wordmark with the Liberty Bell

I would just use their current word mark in white on an all maroon uniform. Maybe work in light blue accents

37 minutes ago, lgbaseball8 said:

I would just use their current word mark in white on an all maroon uniform. Maybe work in light blue accents

I didn't use the current wordmark, but I did do a maroon throwback. It's definitely different and will standout, but I can't say I prefer it

Z7voS8d.png

ZUH86xc.png

Pittsburgh Pirates

d1y5WFY.png

The Pirates get a combination of a couple uniforms here. First they get their retro sleeveless jersey as well going for a majority yellow look. I tried to put the stripes on the hat to complete the retro look, but I couldn't get it to look right.

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 22/30 Pirates added
17 hours ago, johne9109 said:

I assume you mean the light blue for the Phillies. What retro colors are you referring to for the A's?

Kelly Green instead of Forest Green. I'm thinking maybe a maroon hat with the baby blue P would look a little better for the Phillies too. 

I really like the Pirates one too. The pillbox hat with the horizontal pinstripes would really top it off

17 hours ago, johne9109 said:

I didn't use the current wordmark, but I did do a maroon throwback. It's definitely different and will standout, but I can't say I prefer it

Z7voS8d.png

I don't love that version of the P logo, but I adore this color combo and it's a shame to me that they gave it up since it would stand out so much better in this league.

Mets - The solid black is a nice surprise given that I expected you to do monochrome blue or orange. My one suggestion would be to put the drop shadowed "NY" on the chest instead of the Mets primary logo. I like the skyline logo but I think it's just too detailed to work on the front of a jersey. 

Phillies - You know, I actually kind of like your first version! However, I think to make it work the "Phillies" script needs to be white. Can we see how that would look? The maroon version is excellent but I think there needs to be maroon somewhere on the cap. Maybe the bill? Or make the cap logo maroon with a white outline? Either one would probably work. 

A's - I too would like to see this one in monochrome Kelly green. Also, I'm not sold on the standing elephant on the front of the jersey. Again, much like the Mets primary logo, I think it's just too busy a logo to work effectively on the front of a uniform. How about the Old English "O" from their Mother's Day cap? That would probably look good on a solid forest green design. 

Pirates - Looks great! I agree with @MDTrey4 that it would be fun to see the uniform with a pillbox cap. 

Mets

w0lzrBV.png

I swapped the logos on the jersey. I will say it's a cleaner look, but it definitely overuses the NY logo. Still looks solid

Phillies

So the reason I had a powder blue hat and logo with the maroon uniform is because the original powder blue uniform had a maroon hat and logo. I did change the logo on my original attempt and I will say I think that's the best

HMG4hGP.png

Athletics

olP7jpO.png

I took everyone's feed back on the A's and rolled it into one. I still kept the Elephants, but their just on the hat and sleeve now. I changed to Kelly green and put the O logo on the jersey. I can't say I like this more, but it is just as viable an option. Either would be great choices in my eyes

Pirates

Hard as I tried I could not replicate the pill box hat so I gave up and threw in an actual picture

gX2Y3rp.png

ZUH86xc.png

San Diego Padres

fk5P90Z.png

Ok so hear me out on this one. I love the current color set for the Padres, but to do a brown seem liked a rehash of their current uniform and I didn't want another yellow uniform in the series; Brewers and Pirates is more than enough. I could do a throwback to an older version of their brown uniforms, but again it just seemed lazy to me. So instead I added to their military uniforms. They currently have two camo jerseys to honor the armed forces, but also more directly paying homage to the Marine Corps with the camo patterns they use. As a veteran I love that the Padres do this and have done it for as long as they have. As a Navy veteran I always feel our uniforms are under represented. So I took their one season Navy Working Uniform camo and made it a whole uniform. I know the Navy doesn't wear the NWU's anymore, but it was a great look and what else are you really gonna do? With Naval Station San Diego there I don't see how they haven't honored the Navy more. I kept the numbers and lettering on the jersey blue the same way it was on the original jersey. The black belt and socks are nods to the belt and socks/boots that we would wear with the uniform. I almost did the hat in camo as well as another nod to the actual uniform, but that felt like over kill so I kept it navy blue

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to MLB Color Rush Uniforms 23/30 Padres added

As a "neutral observer" with no real knowledge of the Padres' history nor a fan's opinion of what the team "should" be wearing, the blue camo looks good to me! A brief look into the Padres' branding history (just on the Sportslogos.net mothership) certainly makes it appear that the camo was a significant part of their branding, not just some occasional alternate. I would suggest white lettering and numbering just for the practicality of being able to read it during game action; the white stroke isn't enough to keep it from disappearing into the blue jersey.

Mets update - I don't think it overuses the "NY" logo. Lots of alternates use the cap logo on the front of the jersey. Looks great!

Phillies update - Oof, the white script doesn't look as good as I imagined. Maybe try blue instead? I might just be grasping at straws here.

A's update - Looks fantastic! I think this design would work great in forest green, too. Either way would work.

Padres - I never liked the digital camo look but you achieved what you set out to do. I agree with @WLD42 that the scripts and numbers should be white for legibility purposes. 

Archived