2020 Olympics in Tokyo

GDAWG

Watching the Olympics in 2021:

- happened to see that USWNT v Netherlands was still happening (had no idea the game was otherwise on) and into penalties

- turn on my Fire TV to log into Hulu because I have a Hulu Live TV account

- for whatever reason, Hulu asks me to log in so I go through that process on my phone, which is a pain because you have to force the browser into desktop mode because the "activate on your device" isn't available on the mobile app

- Hulu's live TV interface is butt, and because the USWNT game went long, it's no longer listed in the Sports tab

- frantically scroll through the butt live TV tab to find a channel that might be playing the end of the soccer game; saw some table tennis first

- finally settle on Telemundo to see Megan Rapinoe's winning kick

- I guess I caught the end of the match, but this was clearly the stupidest way possible.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Watching the Olympics in 2021:

- happened to see that USWNT v Netherlands was still happening (had no idea the game was otherwise on) and into penalties

- turn on my Fire TV to log into Hulu because I have a Hulu Live TV account

- for whatever reason, Hulu asks me to log in so I go through that process on my phone, which is a pain because you have to force the browser into desktop mode because the "activate on your device" isn't available on the mobile app

- Hulu's live TV interface is butt, and because the USWNT game went long, it's no longer listed in the Sports tab

- frantically scroll through the butt live TV tab to find a channel that might be playing the end of the soccer game; saw some table tennis first

- finally settle on Telemundo to see Megan Rapinoe's winning kick

- I guess I caught the end of the match, but this was clearly the stupidest way possible.

Alyssa Naeher came up HUUUGE today! Stopped a PK in regulation and 2 in the shootout, though the last one was aided by the shooter tripping in the run up. USA vs Canada in the semis and I'm expecting it to be just as physical when they played at Old Trafford in 2012. Sweden plays Australia and probably the winner of that USA/Canada game. I think Cristen Press' goal in ET should have stood because the defender made a ply on the ball, but I'll take this win no matter what. I'm glad I have NBCSN at work or I'd have started chewing my fingernails up to my wrist if I had to wait for ESPN to update the game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So Simone Biles has the Twisties, which is basically the yips (a term commonly used in baseball)

If this is the end for her, which it probably is because gymnasts age in dog years, it's a pretty tragic way to go out. Having your body betray you is understandable in a sport like this, but having your mind betray your body is worse.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Simone Biles shows and explains what's going on:

She clearly made the right decision.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 7/29/2021 at 9:07 AM, Sport said:

Team Handball people are mad at me because I said a team of our most athletic NFL quarterbacks and our best soccer goalie could win gold if you gave them 6 months to practice. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, team handball is a sport your gym teacher makes up when it's raining outside.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

23 hours ago, the admiral said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, team handball is a sport your gym teacher makes up when it's raining outside.

And it's awesome. I honestly don't know why it's not more common. It's like soccer, water polo and basketball were all combined in some madman's experiment and let loose on the world.  

Can NBC not decide to run back to back block of commercials DURING the 1500m freestyle, which was live!?!?!? Absolutely infuriating because it was distracting me from a great race. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

BMX freestyle was awesome. Had no idea that was even added this year, and I think people would have loved it if it was even slightly marketed. 

Meanwhile, golf appears to be headed for a heck of a finish with a more crowded leaderboard than you see in most majors. Gotta say it makes golf a fair bit more interesting when you have guys fighting for 1-3. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

5 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

A 7-way playoff for the Bronze Medal. God bless Olympic golf. 

That Olympic tournament was the first time I realized Rory Sabbatini is representing Slovakia. 

I saw, I came, I left.

6 hours ago, burgundy said:

The world record that stood for 26 years was broken in women's triple jump. Yulimar Rojas is freakishly good. Nobody else stood a chance.

She gives a broken nation hope, even if only for a brief while.

Congrats to Jasmine Camacho Quinn for winning Puerto Rico's first Track and field gold medal.  Ato Bolden says that Jasmine will use the gold medal to tease her older brother, Bears Linebacker Robert Quinn, who has yet to win a Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

So how about some women's soccer, eh? :flagcanada:

You can gloat, but it's lost on Americans, most of whom were cheering for Canada, anyway. 

Well, not a majority, but a third.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived