2021-2022 International Club Soccer

MJWalker45

40 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If I saw that draw, I'd stay at Juventus.

As a United fan, I'd hate to see Ronaldo at City, but I don't think he'd fit in at United as well as he does there. I also don't think Ole wants to bring in another over 30 player when he could possibly get Haaland in next year, or even in January if things work out. 

57 minutes ago, -kj said:

Group B is definitely saucy.  Group A is the group of evil.

I think Liverpool tops the group and Atletico gets 2nd place. They'll probably kick the crap out of each other though. 

On 8/23/2021 at 10:34 AM, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/nice-president-blames-marseille-players-for-ugly-fight/12d8hf0oywm90197cgeptp13ko

Nice OGC fans threw bottles and other items at Marseille all game, but it's Marseille's fault for throwing them back when Dmitri Payet finally got hit. Just disgusting. At least no one threw a scooter like Inter Milan fans did one time. This is the second time this year fans of opponents have tossed bottles at Marseille. Montpelier did so two weeks ago as well. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/mar/29/theknowledge.sport

Nice will play at least one game without fans, and they will have a meeting on September 8th to decide if they get more penalties. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Group G is going to be interesting because Lille are a shell of their former selves. That could have been PSG in that spot, which would have been a cakewalk for them. Then you have two teams that finish fourth domestically. But the Shaktar Donetsk and the Sheriff Tiraspol might be the most fascinating of all because it features a club in Shaktar who have been displaced and Tiraspol is in a region that would prefer to leave Moldova. 

I saw, I came, I left.

3 hours ago, Digby said:

Ronaldo to City feels like a move just to make a move. They’ll be fine, they’re City, but it doesn’t really make sense on the pitch.

I don't know, man.  The thought of a Ronaldo header on the end of a KdB cross terrifies me.

spacer.png

You’ll have a few of those highlight reel goals, sure, but you’ll also have Ronaldo standing around waiting for service and pouting, not doing the off the ball work that Pep’s teams typically do. He should probably just go to Inter Miami or something.

We saw at Euro this year how Ronaldo’s presence, at this stage in his career, can make a strong attack less than the sum of its parts.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

52 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

If this keeps up, he'll be at Inter Miami by the end of the weekend. 🤣

And he'll leave when it's Messi's turn to visit South Beach. 🤣 I don't see how this helps United do anything other than sell shirts. It could also be a sign that Cavani is not as fit as expected. But I think having the options of Cavani, Ronaldo, Martial and eventually Greenwood and Rashford up top gives United the ability to challenge for the EPL and Champions League. I'd rather they'd have gone for Haaland, even if I hate his agent. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

If this keeps up, he'll be at Inter Miami by the end of the weekend. 🤣

I've always thought it was Ronaldo to LAFC and Messi to Miami. Plus Suarez to Seattle.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 3 weeks later...

Manchester United lose 2-1 to Young Boys after Aaron Wan Bissaka was sent off with a straight red. Pretty poor call by the ref, though yellow wouldn't have been egregious. United failed to pass properly in the second half and get punished.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

40 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Manchester United lose 2-1 to Young Boys after Aaron Wan Bissaka was sent off with a straight red. Pretty poor call by the ref, though yellow wouldn't have been egregious. United failed to pass properly in the second half and get punished.

Sorry, but I agree with the red card. It was late, it was lunging, and it could have easily broken Martins's ankle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Sorry, but I agree with the red card. It was late, it was lunging, and it could have easily broken Martins's ankle.

I've seen that called a yellow more often than a red. And I think the referee needs to see that in regular motion as well as slow motion before making that kind of call. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/suriname/story/4481960/concacaf-probe-video-of-suriname-vice-president-allegedly-giving-money-to-olimpia-players

Concacaf, Exhibit A!! I'm still trying to figure out how this 60 year old played for 59 minutes but his kid couldn't make it 30 minutes?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58655047

UEFA doubling the money the women will get from EURO 2022 next year, but it's still way below the men.  Around $14.2 million for the ladies vs $400 million for the men. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png