Colorado Avalanche Simplified

CreamSoda

I like the simplification of the snow.  It looks much cleaner without all that extra, unnecessary line-work.   That being said, I kind of miss it having silver highlights as they give the embroidered crest a sparkle that mimics snow perfectly.  The loss of black on the puck surprisingly doesn't bother me either.  It still looks undoubtedly like a puck and eliminates the need for black entirely.

I'd like to see this on a jersey with a simplified version of the Foot, or a black-free version of the current shoulder patch.  Nice work :).

Looks amazing. I don’t know if it would benefit much from this but I’d add a sliver of silver on the top part of the logo like you did on the bottom of the snow. Is the silver lighter than the first one or is it just a side effect of the darker blue?

best revision to their logo I’ve seen.  I’ve been on an Avs vibe the last few days and this is exactly what I needed.  

spacer.png

Honestly, I think if you're gonna remove the detail from the avalanche itself, it might be worth reshaping the avalanche altogether. It feels like too much blank space as it is, and it loses a lot of the fierceness from the current logo.

That being said, the navy is a great change. Makes the brand much more snowy. I dig it.

Archived