2021-22 Club Rugby Kits

kiwi_canadian

And they are out!!! MLR has a league wide deal with Paladin Sports to provide their kits and they are continuing with that this upcoming season.

KitReveal-AUS-scaled-e1642178363944.jpg

KitReveal-DAL-scaled-e1642178402821.jpg

KitReveal-HOU-scaled-e1642178442964.jpg

KitReveal-LA-scaled-e1642178483746.jpg

KitReveal-SD-scaled-e1642178519989.jpg

KitReveal-SEA-scaled-e1642178560314.jpg

KitReveal-UTAH-scaled-e1642178594909.jpg

KitReveal-ATL-scaled-e1642178762473.jpg

KitReveal-DC-scaled-e1642178799400.jpg

KitReveal-NE-scaled-e1642178839882.jpg

KitReveal-NOLA-scaled-e1642178874479.jpg

KitReveal-NY-scaled-e1642178912168.jpg

KitReveal-TOR-scaled-e1642178983953.jpg

Overall I like the new kits for everyone. A little disappointed Seattle didn't keep the green secondary kit. DC kept their same kit from last year and Dallas didn't change their kit as COVID prevented them from starting last year. I do have a soft spot for New England as the design is similar to my old Claremont Spartans jersey from back in the day when I played high school rugby. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

And they are out!!! MLR has a league wide deal with Paladin Sports to provide their kits and they are continuing with that this upcoming season.

KitReveal-AUS-scaled-e1642178363944.jpg

KitReveal-DAL-scaled-e1642178402821.jpg

KitReveal-HOU-scaled-e1642178442964.jpg

KitReveal-LA-scaled-e1642178483746.jpg

KitReveal-SD-scaled-e1642178519989.jpg

KitReveal-SEA-scaled-e1642178560314.jpg

KitReveal-UTAH-scaled-e1642178594909.jpg

KitReveal-ATL-scaled-e1642178762473.jpg

KitReveal-DC-scaled-e1642178799400.jpg

KitReveal-NE-scaled-e1642178839882.jpg

KitReveal-NOLA-scaled-e1642178874479.jpg

KitReveal-NY-scaled-e1642178912168.jpg

KitReveal-TOR-scaled-e1642178983953.jpg

Overall I like the new kits for everyone. A little disappointed Seattle didn't keep the green secondary kit. DC kept their same kit from last year and Dallas didn't change their kit as COVID prevented them from starting last year. I do have a soft spot for New England as the design is similar to my old Claremont Spartans jersey from back in the day when I played high school rugby. 

They are all pretty good Rugby sets, only one or two have slightly strayed from the norm which i thought would have been more.

Also great to see some sponsors getting on the shirts.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

12 hours ago, the_grateful_ted said:

That orange SD kit is… strange. Also, we’re the Raptors kicked out of the league??

Yeah I thought that as well with the orange with SD. I prefer them in red.

I'm not sure if they were kicked out or if they chose to fold but that was a strange one considering where they played, Glendale, is known as Rugby City USA.  Not sure if it was due to financial reasons or not getting along with the league as their reasons.

19 hours ago, the_grateful_ted said:

That orange SD kit is… strange. Also, we’re the Raptors kicked out of the league??

6 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Yeah I thought that as well with the orange with SD. I prefer them in red.

I'm not sure if they were kicked out or if they chose to fold but that was a strange one considering where they played, Glendale, is known as Rugby City USA.  Not sure if it was due to financial reasons or not getting along with the league as their reasons.

Cassaday answered multiple questions, including why developing American players was a "greater responsibility" for the club and a reason for leaving MLR. 

"One of the core values of the League in the beginning was to develop American players who could compete successfully on the international stage. Rugby is a sport that is still in its infancy in this country, so we do not yet have the depth of talent that many other countries have," Cassaday said.

This is the full report about them leaving. 

Western Force have revealed their kits for the upcoming season. Done by Oneills.

FJTrU_QXIAQbwxb?format=jpg&name=large

As for the Colorado/Glendale Raptors leaving the league, I guess it was a disagreement with league brass and I understand the reasoning behind them leaving... however in a country that rugby is not a popular sport and in a league that is in its infancy, they will need to bring in that aging, foreign superstars to attract people to the seats and get people hooked. It will take time but the eventual growth of homegrown talent will happen and it will take strategies like getting aging superstars. To me, this is a short sighted view to leave the league over something like this. They are taking a page out of the MLS and how they are developing. In my eyes, the league didn't really take off until they brought in Beckham and now they are doing pretty well for themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Exter Chiefs have revealed their rebrand as they are one of the many teams that are ditching North American Indigenous imagery for their branding.

Old logo:

1200px-Exeter_Chiefs_logo.svg.png

New logo:

FKHlofoUYA0gXcf?format=jpg&name=medium

The new logo includes imagery of the Dumnonii Tribe who occupied parts of England from the Iron Age to the Saxxon period.

• Like 4

On 1/27/2022 at 11:42 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

Exter Chiefs have revealed their rebrand as they are one of the many teams that are ditching North American Indigenous imagery for their branding.

Old logo:

1200px-Exeter_Chiefs_logo.svg.png

New logo:

FKHlofoUYA0gXcf?format=jpg&name=medium

The new logo includes imagery of the Dumnonii Tribe who occupied parts of England from the Iron Age to the Saxxon period.

Absolutely awesome, a club actually embracing unique, culturally relevant symbols??? 

• 3 months later...

Seems like everyone is jumping on this city connect jersey thing. MLR is now doing it and two teams have debuted theirs. Seattle Seawolves went with a black kit with a neon green outline of Seattle.

vsdallasearly-3-scaled.jpg

And the Toronto Arrows did this:

FSV9Es_XwAA0BEs?format=jpg&name=medium

Not sure if all MLR teams are doing this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Seems like everyone is jumping on this city connect jersey thing. MLR is now doing it and two teams have debuted theirs. Seattle Seawolves went with a black kit with a neon green outline of Seattle.

vsdallasearly-3-scaled.jpg

And the Toronto Arrows did this:

FSV9Es_XwAA0BEs?format=jpg&name=medium

Not sure if all MLR teams are doing this.

Don't look to bad but i'm over it already.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

QLD v NSW - State of Origin Game 3

Can anyone explain the 4 digit numbers on the Queensland players sleeves? It doesn't appear to line up with their cap number above the Queensland logo, and each player has a different number. 

There's our answer....

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2022/06/23/maroons-and-xxxx-give-a-xxxx-to-celebrate-pride-of-queensland/

• Like 1

I saw, I came, I left.