MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

1 minute ago, MNtwins3 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Rockies changed the black jersey from a vest to a regular

Kinda make it look like the Purple alternate. I always liked their 1993 Black Home Alternate that they only wore twice. It's in MLB The Show and I use it all the time.

• Like 4

New Era has made some pretty decent fitted 59Fiftys for the NFL  that were decent.  Interested to see what they roll out.

Obviously this design wouldn’t be the same, but this structure of hat should work and I’d probably buy one.

a8243fff-846e-4af5-9d67-a0a3fc4ab078.e9b

13 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

Oh for :censored: sake... God it's like MLB is purposely sabotaging New Era now so they can justify stripping them of the MLB contract in a few years to give it to Fanatics like they have everything else. 

New era would never lose the mlb contract, they’d rather put so much money into keeping it they go out of business rather than lose that contract.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TBGKon said:

New Era has made some pretty decent fitted 59Fiftys for the NFL  that were decent.  Interested to see what they roll out.

Obviously this design wouldn’t be the same, but this structure of hat should work and I’d probably buy one.

a8243fff-846e-4af5-9d67-a0a3fc4ab078.e9b

That's not bad, as long as they don't have every team use a contrasting color for the mesh. Let some have the same color as the front.

5 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

That's not bad, as long as they don't have every team use a contrasting color for the mesh. Let some have the same color as the front.

Agreed.  I have a soft spot for the contrasting front panel caps and really hope the Rays have a contrasting panel.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, dont care said:

New era would never lose the mlb contract, they’d rather put so much money into keeping it they go out of business rather than lose that contract.

People thought the same about Topps. We see how that went. 

• Like 2

Glad nothing really on the horizon as far as ant team changing uniforms. I've said it a lot the past few years, the league looks as good as it' ever has considering all 30 teams. The City's were dumb this year and not every team did it so let's hope it stays that way. THANK YOU AGAIN PADRES FOR GOING BACK TO BROWN.

Nike x Major League Baseball Uniforms 2020 Official Images - Nike News

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dont care said:

Apples and oranges. Without the deal with the MLB new era would have hardly anything. Tops has other products they can market.

yeah to add to that, i think new era actually has a very strong lifestyle brand. like, wearing a 5950 means something to a bunch of different demographics. not that i'm sure if they switched to fanatics and that's the only way you could get your favorite team's fitted cap that people wouldn't just buy the fanatics version. but i do think MLB and new era's relationship is a symbiotic one.

sig2024.png

7 hours ago, dont care said:

Apples and oranges. Without the deal with the MLB new era would have hardly anything. Tops has other products they can market.

Without the MLB deal New Era would have...the NFL and NBA...

Not really "hardly anything". 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, dont care said:

Who really buys nba, or nfl caps? They are such a small portion of their revenue when compared to the mlb

You realize the NFL dwarfs MLB in merchandise sales, correct? NFL hats are probably even with MLB, if not more. 

On Fanatics, there are 5,633 SKUs of NFL New Era hats, and 3,337 SKUs of MLB New Era hats. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, dont care said:

You've got this completely backwards. Topps was way more reliant on MLB than New Era is.

• Like 5

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Who really buys nba, or nfl caps? They are such a small portion of their revenue when compared to the mlb

I buy NFL caps, because the games are still outside and I hate the sun shining right in my eyes. I have a few NBA hats too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/24/2021 at 2:10 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

God no.  Snapbacks are terrible

• Like 2

New Era has already released some fitted 5950 MLB hats with mesh backs. I understand that might not be some people’s preference, but I don’t think it’ll be that bad. My biggest hope is they return to legible logos on the BP hats. 

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/st-louis-cardinals/st-louis-cardinals-new-era-team-on-field-replica-mesh-back-59fifty-fitted-hat-red/o-2387+t-69129987+p-25646737401+z-9-1832002351?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r9c0:po-27

It’s hard to imagine MLB not wearing New Era caps, but Nike is a big enough player to take that fight on if they want. Nike used to make really nice fitted caps for their college baseball teams before they switched to the Aero style. All it would take is MLB asking for a New Era style from Nike and I’m sure it could be produced. 

Current MLB leadership doesn’t care about tradition. If Nike writes the biggest check, they’ll get the contract. 

• Like 1