MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

The one true way for the Nats was the original beveled scripts as a primarily navy team and the DC cap. Every change they've made since day zero has diminished them, the worst of which being the actual flag as a design element. 

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 hours ago, insert name said:

That DC logo was terrible. The Curly W should be the only cap logo the Nats need.

I completely disagree, the curly W is terrible and the DC logo is stellar. Not sure I'd put it on the cap when the team's name isn't DC, but it's a great logo that deserves way more use than it's getting.

• Like 6

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, QCS said:

I completely disagree, the curly W is terrible and the DC logo is stellar. Not sure I'd put it on the cap when the team's name isn't DC, but it's a great logo that deserves way more use than it's getting.

Ew no. The beveling on that logo is beyond horrid. The curly W is a classic and connects to past franchises from Washington. That’s the logo they should go with.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, QCS said:

I prefer going for something less slab-serif and more flared serif, like a modified Albertus or ITC Serif Gothic.

45 minutes ago, dont care said:

Ew no. The beveling on that logo is beyond horrid. The curly W is a classic and connects to past franchises from Washington. That’s the logo they should go with.

Love the beveling here

Washington Nationals Logo Alternate Logo (2011-Pres) - Interlocking DC in red with a blue outline SportsLogos.Net

22 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I prefer going for something less slab-serif and more flared serif, like a modified Albertus or ITC Serif Gothic.

That's fair, I've always preferred it over the curly W simply because of Walgreens. I understand the history of it, but I also don't think it's necessary for a Washington team. By now it's never going away but there's not much about the Nationals brand that captures me, the DC logo being a notable exception.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

32 minutes ago, QCS said:

Love the beveling here

Washington Nationals Logo Alternate Logo (2011-Pres) - Interlocking DC in red with a blue outline SportsLogos.Net

That's fair, I've always preferred it over the curly W simply because of Walgreens. I understand the history of it, but I also don't think it's necessary for a Washington team. By now it's never going away but there's not much about the Nationals brand that captures me, the DC logo being a notable exception.

This one suffers from not being able to decide which one they want to put in front.

• Like 4

The only instance Minnesota used gold correctly was in their All-Star Game logo. At the time I thought there was promise for it, but the Twins have yet to execute it into their scheme properly. It leaves me in question about its place within their identity.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

The only instance Minnesota used gold correctly was in their All-Star Game logo. At the time I thought there was promise for it, but the Twins have yet to execute it into their scheme properly. It leaves me in question about its place within their identity.

The Twins’ identity has been as disorganized mess since they moved to Target Field in 2010. It needs an overhaul from the ground up, for consistency and good taste’s sake.

• Like 2

There is a fine line between classy and chintzy, and the gold on the Nats logo falls into the latter for me.

spacer.pngspacer.png

The gold used in the All Star logo works with all the other colours and doesn't overwhelm them, the shade the team uses now is a different kettle of fish.

• Like 1

Yeah, the main reason the ASG gold worked where the Twins’ current shade doesn’t is that the the ASG gold was a significantly lighter shade, and didn’t muddle with the red as much. This is an old comparison I made:

77AM6LC.jpg

Regardless, I’ve resigned that the gold was a failed experiment for the Twins. Go back to either of the pinstripe eras (preferably the 60’s) or try something completely new, it doesn’t matter. The gold just needs to go away.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

There is a fine line between classy and chintzy, and the gold on the Nats logo falls into the latter for me.

spacer.pngspacer.png

The gold used in the All Star logo works with all the other colours and doesn't overwhelm them, the shade the team uses now is a different kettle of fish.

1965... 1985... 201🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 7:33 PM, ManillaToad said:

We should bring back freaking out about the Reds because it reminds us of communists. I know some people who live in countries that were under the Iron Curtain, I can recruit them to start following baseball and protesting the name to further our cause

How old are you, because I have some news.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.