MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

21 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Respectfully, do not change the TC ever.

We don't wear the "Twins" navy alternate anywhere but home. All jerseys with gold are worn exclusively at home with the matching hats and pants with gold trim. On the other side of the coin, we only wear the navy "Minnesota" alternate on the road.

I could've sworn I saw them wear the gold trimmed navy jersey on the road a couple of times but I'll take your word for it. 

Still would be good if they made a decision on all of their uniforms having gold or none of them.

• Like 1

I've said since the Padres and Brewers corrected their boring drab uniforms(and added some nostalgia while they were at it) and the Diamondbacks tapered down those terrible uniforms before these, the league has looked the best it has in a loooong time as a whole. Yes, Miami might be a mess but I don't think we are going to see the 1993 uniforms anymore. I think we hopefully won't see any major changes. It's refreshing unlike other leagues(lookin at you NBA) to be able tell what teams are playing. I just would be happy with home, road grays(or powder blues) and a single alternate jersey. Being a Mets fan, there's no need for two blue alternates. So, I've heard the Rockies might do something with their alternate but they got it right the first time, no need to change. The MLB looks really good now. Root for the laundry!

https://youtu.be/we-L7w1K5Zo

• Like 4

9 hours ago, joekono said:

I've said since the Padres and Brewers corrected their boring drab uniforms(and added some nostalgia while they were at it) and the Diamondbacks tapered down those terrible uniforms before these, the league has looked the best it has in a loooong time as a whole. Yes, Miami might be a mess but I don't think we are going to see the 1993 uniforms anymore. I think we hopefully won't see any major changes. It's refreshing unlike other leagues(lookin at you NBA) to be able tell what teams are playing. I just would be happy with home, road grays(or powder blues) and a single alternate jersey. Being a Mets fan, there's no need for two blue alternates. So, I've heard the Rockies might do something with their alternate but they got it right the first time, no need to change. The MLB looks really good now. Root for the laundry!

None of the teams look bad right now, but I think the Mariners, Rockies and Angels are all due for a refresh of some kind. 

• Like 4

On 11/6/2021 at 8:38 AM, coco1997 said:

None of the teams look bad right now, but I think the Mariners, Rockies and Angels are all due for a refresh of some kind. 

Throw in the Ray and you got a perfect set of teams to rebrand

17 hours ago, dont care said:

The diamondbacks look bad and need to rebrand ASAP 

They actually look good since they got rid of the gradients

• Like 3

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

1 minute ago, MNtwins3 said:

Throw in the Ray and you got a perfect set of teams to rebrand

They actually look good since they got rid of the gradients

I disagree, trying to force turquoise into their color scheme to please the people that want to debut uniforms just makes them look like they are putting 10 pounds of s*** in a 5 pound bag. As they say when you try pleasing everyone you end up pleasing no one.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2021 at 10:38 AM, coco1997 said:

Cincinnati needs a refresh that just uses red and white

• Like 8

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Cincinnati needs a refresh that just uses red and white

Cincinnati is an interesting case to me. I know there's a lot of people that wish for them to get back to the Big Red Machine days, and I do get it--but that's also just too easy and too predictable.  I've long loved their team typeface for how modern and at the same time vintage it looks and I'd hate to see them toss that aside in favor of drinking the red nostalgia kool-aid. That said, I think if they keep their current font, strip out all semblance of black, and trim their scripts and numbers to just one-layer, that'd go a long way toward both sharpening and freshening their brand.

• Like 12

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

“I know there's a lot of people that wish for them to get back to the Big Red Machine days, and I do get it--but that's also just too easy and too predictable.”

Easy isn’t a bad thing. There are so many cases (2015 Browns, 2020 Rams, etc) where the “easy” choice for a redesign was neglected in lieu of more “exciting,” or “less predictable” designs. Uniforms shouldn’t surprise fans, they should just look good.

• Like 17

On 11/6/2021 at 12:38 AM, joekono said:

One thing that's interesting to me about the Padres and Brewers were the parts of the uniforms that were not nostalgic but radical.

One of the great things about the Padres set in particular was that it was able to blend pinstripes and collar/sleeve striping. We haven't seen that widely since the 80's (the Padres had never done anything like that themselves) and the particular path the Padres chose took full advantage of the more current fabric. They also took the path of having two different sets of road pants while maintaining only three regular uniforms.

For the Brewers, they made a sharp departure from their uniform history by including a cream uniform. The Brewers came into existence well after fabrics had progressed to the point where even flannels were more white than cream. They furthered that by mixing the cream uniform with double knit style sleeve stripes. Also new was the creation of a vertically arched "Milwaukee" mark, something the team had only ever done in the 90's (their road greys keep looking better to me every time I see them). 

So while both teams pitched some nostalgia, they also took those uniform in new, hitherto unseen directions.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

One thing that's interesting to me about the Padres and Brewers were the parts of the uniforms that were not nostalgic but radical.

One of the great things about the Padres set in particular was that it was able to blend pinstripes and collar/sleeve striping. We haven't seen that widely since the 80's (the Padres had never done anything like that themselves) and the particular path the Padres chose took full advantage of the more current fabric. They also took the path of having two different sets of road pants while maintaining only three regular uniforms.

For the Brewers, they made a sharp departure from their uniform history by including a cream uniform. The Brewers came into existence well after fabrics had progressed to the point where even flannels were more white than cream. They furthered that by mixing the cream uniform with double knit style sleeve stripes. Also new was the creation of a vertically arched "Milwaukee" mark, something the team had only ever done in the 90's (their road greys keep looking better to me every time I see them). 

So while both teams pitched some nostalgia, they also took those uniform in new, hitherto unseen directions.

That's a great description- they put out something new that really feels like the answer to "what if the old style just evolved gradually"

• Like 1

The Reds feel like the black dropshadows Mets as they don't rely too much on black while featuring just enough of it to drag down their look. They could easily drop it without a major overhaul and go from a blah look to an awesome one as their sets are all perfectly fine if you drop black from the logos, scripts and fonts (and obviously the black brims on the road)...

Reds.png

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Not only that, but the “radical” elements of both of these uniforms are some of the best aspects of them. Both teams took great risks with certain aspects of their uniforms that weren’t as nostalgic, but the risks turned out wonderfully, in my opinion.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, OBomb said:

I'd still love to see the Padres introduce a home alternate brown top with the team name in gold across the chest. To me, that would complete their look.

Or even a Brown with SD like the Spring Training jerseys would be nice

• Like 1

22 hours ago, beachperroAZ said:

So with Christmas season rolling around wouldn't the Cleveland Guardians want to take advantage of merchandise sales by releasing the uniforms this month?

You would think so. I'm ready to basically restock my entire line of Cleveland baseball gear in one big purchase. New hat, jersey, shirt, hoodie, pullover, jacket, etc. 

• Like 1

T1oYViW.png

On 11/10/2021 at 1:42 PM, beachperroAZ said:

So with Christmas season rolling around wouldn't the Cleveland Guardians want to take advantage of merchandise sales by releasing the uniforms this month?

If you're asking whether they should unveil their new uniforms, they did when they announced their new name (think their old uniforms with all lettering taken off and replaced with the new lettering). As for when they will go on sale, it would be in their best interest to get them in stores in the next two weeks.

• Like 1