Seattle Kraken Combo Logo - Feedback?

StPatty33

Hey all!
     Been awhile since I've been active in concepts.. you know.. 13 years or something like that (haha). Anyway, I'm pretty stoked on the NHL expansion Seattle Kraken's logo kit, and decided to tinker around and make a combo logo using the "Seattle" from their wordmark, and the anchor silhouette from their secondary logo. The question I have for you guys, is do you think I should incorporate a kraken tentacle like in the first 2 examples? I think it's fun, but I'm not sold on moving the single-color logo to a necessary 2 colors, and I don't think I really like either of the ways I've used for terminating the tentacle. Feedback welcome!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

That looks awesome. The tentacle is a great idea, even makes an S shape still. I see what you mean and sorry I don’t have a good suggestion. Maybe have it tuck back behind the bottom point so it preserves that bottom edge of the anchor a little more?

I think it would look good with the two-tone anchor and carry that on to the other letters, but probably depends on application. 

2 hours ago, B-mer said:

That looks awesome. The tentacle is a great idea, even makes an S shape still. I see what you mean and sorry I don’t have a good suggestion. Maybe have it tuck back behind the bottom point so it preserves that bottom edge of the anchor a little more?

I think it would look good with the two-tone anchor and carry that on to the other letters, but probably depends on application. 

I thought about going two-tone with the whole thing too, but in the end I felt like this design lends itself to smaller areas where two-toned stuff would be too detailed to look right. You may be right on tucking thing--maybe curling it up and under could do it.  I'll need to stare at it all for awhile and see what comes to me. Thanks for the response, man!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Archived