College Football Uniform Concepts FBS, FCS, D2 & D3- Lehigh Mountain Hawks

NH4

On 1/28/2022 at 11:06 AM, GriffinM6 said:

The new number font looks great and I definitely like the wings better on the sleeves as well! Just a suggestion, but I guess if you wanted to differentiate the BFBS alt from the primaries more, you could make the wings come out of the collar kind of like the old Oregon uniforms.

Thank you! Yeah when a team has a winged helmet, I almost always like it better on the sleeves. Not Philadelphia though, those helmets are classic. As for the alt, I never thought about that but I really like that idea.

Here's 2 options, one with the wings extending to the back of the shoulders, and another with the wings just on the front.

RFHlH8o.png

QB8g1Tw.png

• Like 4

AKRON ZIPS

xKfeKfE.png

7kgLOUI.png

g5OtjXJ.png

uEIjyfh.png

DESIGN

• I like the new stripe Akron debuted on the pants this past season but I wanted to make it a little more unique
  • I always thought the font on Oklahoma City Thunder's alternate uniforms seemed like it was going so fast that each part can't keep up with another. I don't know if that makes sense but that's the best way I can articulate it
  • So I edited the stripe in the same design as the OKC font because Zips indicate something fast and speedy
  • Re-colored the stripes for more color and added white
  • Switched back from a block font to the Akron Font. Italicized the font and numbers

HELMET

• Satin gold and glossy blue helmet with blue facemask
  • A/Roo logo on helmet
  • "ZIPS" on the front bumper and "AKRON" on the back bumper
  • Ohio outline on back 

JERSEY

PANTS

• Gold and blue pants
  • New stripe added

SOCKS

• White socks with blue accents

Up next will be Florida. Thanks for looking and C&C is greatly appreciated!

• Like 3

• NH4 changed the title to College Football Uniform Concepts FBS, FCS, D2 & D3- Akron Zips

My hometown Akron Zips!

Pros:

• Returning to a proper primary logo on the helmet is much needed. I think the full body Zippy could also work here but the A+Roo is great.
  • Zippy on the collar is a great touch so I'm glad you kept it.
  • The font choices work well. For a lot of teams out there, the attempts to make their logos look like their zooming by seems silly and forced. But the Zips are called the Zips, so it has always made sense.
  • While I'm not a big fan of the new stripe they've been using, you definitely improved it with some color & consistent application.

Con(s):

• Can't say I'm fond of the OKC-style stripes. I agree they may work better if more pronounced. Another possible tweak would be making the shift in the middle of the stripe (and perhaps just doing the one rather than zig there and zag back). Maybe even making the break diagonal so it feels more Z-like?
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 3:01 PM, -Akronite- said:

My hometown Akron Zips!

Pros:

• Returning to a proper primary logo on the helmet is much needed. I think the full body Zippy could also work here but the A+Roo is great.
  • Zippy on the collar is a great touch so I'm glad you kept it.
  • The font choices work well. For a lot of teams out there, the attempts to make their logos look like their zooming by seems silly and forced. But the Zips are called the Zips, so it has always made sense.
  • While I'm not a big fan of the new stripe they've been using, you definitely improved it with some color & consistent application.

Con(s):

• Can't say I'm fond of the OKC-style stripes. I agree they may work better if more pronounced. Another possible tweak would be making the shift in the middle of the stripe (and perhaps just doing the one rather than zig there and zag back). Maybe even making the break diagonal so it feels more Z-like?

Thank you! All the pros you have is exactly what I wanted to hit for the Zips. I love the A+Roo logo so it was a no brainer putting it back on the helmet. I feel the same way about italic fonts but for a team with a speedy name like the Zips, I think it's perfect. 

On 2/1/2022 at 9:29 AM, the_grateful_ted said:

I like the idea of the stripe “movement”, but right now it just looks like the image loaded in a glitchy way. Maybe try making the difference in “levels” more noticeable, or taper/change the width toward the back

The stripe was an experiment so I took the advice and came up with a new design:

6GRnVbv.png

• Tapered the inner stripe for a zig-zag feel and, when the stripe is horizontal, it creates a Z
  • The thing I don't know about this stripe is how it looks vertically with how it kind of resembles an N. So I'd like to hear what everyone thinks.

Thanks for the advice and if this looks good, I'll post the rest of the uniforms. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1

In the meantime, here's Florida:

FLORIDA GATORS

hoFAxHR.png

idm8FA6.png

GoIlaaJ.png

DESIGN

• Mainly the same design for a traditional team but with a few changes
  • The biggest change is replacing the Gators script on the helmet with the primary logo
  • To me, the script is outdated and doesn't really fit the rest of the identity of the school
  • The other change is slightly updating the font
  • De-italicized the word mark and updated the "2" to match the number font a little bit better

HELMET

• Primary logo added
  • Updated fonts on front and back bumpers. "GATORS" on front and "FLORIDA" on back

JERSEY

PANTS

• Unchanged

SOCKS

• White socks with blue or orange accents

Up next will be Wake Forest. Thanks for looking and as always C&C is greatly appreciated!

• Like 4

• NH4 changed the title to College Football Uniform Concepts FBS, FCS, D2 & D3- Akron Update and Florida Gators
1 hour ago, NH4 said:

Thank you! All the pros you have is exactly what I wanted to hit for the Zips. I love the A+Roo logo so it was a no brainer putting it back on the helmet. I feel the same way about italic fonts but for a team with a speedy name like the Zips, I think it's perfect. 

The stripe was an experiment so I took the advice and came up with a new design:

6GRnVbv.png

• Tapered the inner stripe for a zig-zag feel and, when the stripe is horizontal, it creates a Z
  • The thing I don't know about this stripe is how it looks vertically with how it kind of resembles an N. So I'd like to hear what everyone thinks.

Thanks for the advice and if this looks good, I'll post the rest of the uniforms. 

LOVE this adjustment on the stripes. With or without the helmet stripe this would be a great look.

Good work on Florida as well. Their biggest issue is their mismatching stripes on the orange jersey/pants next to the helmet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

LOVE this adjustment on the stripes. With or without the helmet stripe this would be a great look.

Good work on Florida as well. Their biggest issue is their mismatching stripes on the orange jersey/pants next to the helmet.

Thank you! Updating the stripes on Florida's orange jersey was priority number 1, so I'm glad you like it.

For Akron, here's the updated look on all the uniforms:

6GRnVbv.png

4vUAeKf.png

YX0UZLc.png

XaM1Jb0.png

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, NH4 said:

Thank you! Updating the stripes on Florida's orange jersey was priority number 1, so I'm glad you like it.

For Akron, here's the updated look on all the uniforms:

6GRnVbv.png

4vUAeKf.png

YX0UZLc.png

XaM1Jb0.png

My favorite subtraction is that nonsensical cursive font. For the Zips, it's very placid and stagnant. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NH4 said:

6GRnVbv.png

Awesome look! I love what you did with the stripes in this version, very clever. 

• Like 2

WAKE FOREST DEAMON DEACONS

7usFTNj.png

LclwlBg.png

I5C0iaY.png

hx2tBUr.png

DESIGN

HELMET

JERSEY

PANTS

• Gold and black pants for the home jersey
  • Gold, black, and white pants for the away jersey

SOCKS

• Black or white socks with gold accents

Up next will be another team that recently went through a uniform change that I think was an upgrade; TCU. Thanks for looking and as always, C&C is greatly appreciated

• Like 7

• NH4 changed the title to College Football Uniform Concepts FBS, FCS, D2 & D3- Wake Forest Deamon Deacons

The recent updates to Akron and Wake look great. I like that you gave Florida some cohesiveness as well, but I'm just not a fan of the Gator logo on the helmet. If you're not gonna go with the Gators script, then I'd suggest using the F that they used on their 2009 pro combat helmets. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

18 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

The recent updates to Akron and Wake look great. I like that you gave Florida some cohesiveness as well, but I'm just not a fan of the Gator logo on the helmet. If you're not gonna go with the Gators script, then I'd suggest using the F that they used on their 2009 pro combat helmets. 

Thank you! I was actually thinking of putting the F on the helmet but opted for the gator. But, here is how it would look:

H7ghwuI.png

I gave the logo the same color treatment as the stripe.

• Like 1

TCU HORNED FROGS

LOGO

QRgLBTv.png

• Made the frog log the primary logo with a few touchups
  • Removed a lot of the dots and got rid of some of the jagged lines
  • I thought of using the '97-'05 logo but that one isn't as recognizable as this frog logo

UNIFORMS
1sF6G2Y.png

DzPJAhX.png

ACWK8d0.png

KtE81Dd.png

Knd3Pro.png

m6xMXcF.png

DESIGN

• I think TCU did a great job with their current uniforms but I made a couple tweaks especially on the jerseys
  • Used the same font

HELMET

• Glossy purple and matte black helmet with black facemask
  • Kept the same stripe
  • TCU on front bumper, HORNED FROGS on back

JERSEY

• Updated the collar spikes to either all black, purple and black, or all purple
  • I like how it creates a modern but clean/plain look on the dark colored jerseys reminescent of the Andy Dalton uniforms. That's why I didn't use white spike colors
  • Changed the white jersey spike colors to purple and black instead of purple and silver
  • Changed the number colors on the purple and black jerseys from a shiny silver to white
  • Moved the Nike logo down so it doesn't cover any of the spikes
  • Collar logo added

PANTS

SOCKS

• Black socks with purple accents

Up next is another "T" team; Temple. Thanks for looking and as always, C&C is greatly appreciated!

• Like 5

• NH4 changed the title to College Football Uniform Concepts FBS, FCS, D2 & D3- TCU Horned Frogs
On 2/17/2022 at 6:57 AM, NH4 said:

Thank you! I was actually thinking of putting the F on the helmet but opted for the gator. But, here is how it would look:

I gave the logo the same color treatment as the stripe.

While I agree with the decision to keep the gator on the helmet because it's a timeless look, the F alternate helmet would look a lot better with the italicized F they've been using since 2013.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The uniforms for TCU are a hit, but the updated horned frog is lacking in depth and detail. It seems like you removed too much from the original version, leaving the one you decided on looking over simplified. A happy medium between the two would be your best bet IMO.

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 2/21/2022 at 8:33 PM, rorinator said:

Uniforms as always look great, but the new TCU logo is a little too curvy/simple IMO. I think this is most true with the right arm, the line should bow out instead of in, it looks atrophied in comparison to the left. Keep it up though!

On 2/21/2022 at 9:36 PM, GriffinM6 said:

The uniforms for TCU are a hit, but the updated horned frog is lacking in depth and detail. It seems like you removed too much from the original version, leaving the one you decided on looking over simplified. A happy medium between the two would be your best bet IMO.

On 2/25/2022 at 10:09 PM, 29texan said:

I don't know about the logo... seems incomplete, now. 

I would like a more streamlined frog, but that just makes it look too jagged.

Everything else is fine, though. 

Thank you guys for the comments! Not going to lie, highlights and shadows are a weakness of mine when designing logos so thank you for the advice. 

I updated the logo with two designs, one with a faint shadow and one without.

FB48Cfm.png

9qcGMY7.png

• Added more spikes to the back and left foot
  • Added more breaks to the side of the head
  • Added purple spikes on the ears
  • Re-added purple on the tail
  • Straightened out the side and belly
  • Added a highlight to the side of the body
  • Updated the front feet

Thanks for helping me out and let me know which design you like better and/or if there's anything else I need to add or change.

• Like 2

• NH4 changed the title to College Football Uniform Concepts FBS, FCS, D2 & D3- TCU Horned Frogs Logo Update
2 hours ago, NH4 said:

Thank you guys for the comments! Not going to lie, highlights and shadows are a weakness of mine when designing logos so thank you for the advice. 

I updated the logo with two designs, one with a faint shadow and one without.

FB48Cfm.png

9qcGMY7.png

• Added more spikes to the back and left foot
  • Added more breaks to the side of the head
  • Added purple spikes on the ears
  • Re-added purple on the tail
  • Straightened out the side and belly
  • Added a highlight to the side of the body
  • Updated the front feet

Thanks for helping me out and let me know which design you like better and/or if there's anything else I need to add or change.

I would say:

- show the separation of feet from the legs like the old logo

- have that line on the right side of the frog's leg run up a little more to show more separation of the leg and body 

- the tail and left back leg still look connected, so show a line there, too

- I like the gray shadow

And you don't have to, but I'd like to see a little red under the eye.

(I'm the TCU fan here, so of course I'll have more thoughts on it than everyone else. But this is an improvement.)

• Like 1

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg