NH4

PURDUE BOILERMAKERS

ENI0iLx.png

5FMj7lK.png

LMyUrR1.png

iyz7HcA.png

DESIGN

• I think Purdue has a really solid identity so I continued that
  • I did toy with the idea of train tracks being the main design but thought that was a little tacky and went with a single stripe
  • Same font

HELMET

• Gold and black helmet with black facemask
  • Gold helmet stays the same
  • Black helmet train tracks replaced with single stripe, same as the gold helmet
  • Front and back bumper changed from black with a gold outline to just gold

JERSEY

PANTS

• Gold and black pants
  • Single stripe added

SOCKS

• Black socks with gold accents

Thanks for looking and as always C&C is greatly appreciated!

• Like 6

• NH4 changed the title to College Football Uniform Concepts FBS, FCS, D2 & D3- Purdue Boilermakers

COLORADO STATE RAMS

ZGtB0qK.png

DDmnkMp.png

DESIGN

• I love Colorado State's alternate uniforms so the Colorado flag is the basis for this uniform just recolored to their colors
  • Instead of coloring the sleeve caps, I made the flag into a more traditional stripe design.
  • I also like the uniqueness of the horns on the alternate helmet so I used that as the new helmet design
  • Same font

HELMET

• Green helmet with green facemask. I don't mind the white helmet but it seems a little unnecessary for this team
  • Updated helmet horns
  • Colorado flag on back

JERSEY

• New stripe design added
  • Changed number color on home jersey to gold. I like the color combo so the more gold the better

PANTS

• Gold, green, and white pants
  • New stripe added
  • I'm not sure how well the C and circle works vertically with the circle color blending into the outer stripes. I wanted to keep those the same color as they are in the horizontal stripes (for consistency sake) but let me know what you think.

SOCKS

• White socks with green accents

THROWBACK

3Jw4yOn.png

I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend and I can't believe we're almost done with this season, but it's been a fun one for sure. Up next is Old Dominion. Thanks for looking and as always C&C is greatly appreciated!

• Like 10

• NH4 changed the title to College Football Uniform Concepts FBS, FCS, D2 & D3- Colorado State Rams

OLD DOMINION MONARCHS

LOGO

rNA9FRe.png

• Replaced silver with white
  • Just thought it creates a much cleaner look especially with my designs having more sky blue

UNIFORMS

1JeiOrT.png

nOme8c5.png

wSUvGXV.png

1wWQ9qq.png

T4r8qxT.png

BqZxmfk.png

Z5CgpbZ.png

6BtVWkl.png

xt9P2P4.png

DESIGN

• Jersey stripe comes from the crown in the logos
  • I tried a horizontal stripe on the helmet (similar to a past ODU helmet) and on the pants where the UA template has stripes but I didn't like the look
  • Font is from the university logo and is very similar to the font in the logo
  • I love the sky blue jersey and pants ODU introduced this year so I included it a lot more in the uniforms

HELMET

• White, navy, and sky blue helmet with white facemask
  • ODU on front bumper, MONARCHS on back bumper

JERSEY

• New stripe design and font added
  • Replaced the chest text on the home and alt jerseys with "MONARCHS". ODU is 1 of only 2 NCAA schools with the Monarchs nickname (the other is D3 Methodist University)  so I thought they should own it.

PANTS

• White, navy, and sky blue pants

SOCKS

• White socks with navy accents

Up next is a team that has historical jerseys but I think needs some new uniforms, Iowa. Thanks for looking and as always C&C is greatly appreciated!

• Like 6

• NH4 changed the title to College Football Uniform Concepts FBS, FCS, D2 & D3- Old Dominion Monarchs
21 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

Fantastic look for ODU! Im a sucker for a nice double blue scheme, haha. That crown stripe is really out of the box, and it looks awesome. I think the simple helmet and pants sans stripes fits the look perfectly. Love it!

Thank you I’m glad you like the helmet and pants because it was tough removing the stripe from both but it was a good move for sure. 

20 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

I really like everything on ODU except for the removal of silver. I honestly think it fits in quite well with their identity. 

Thank you! Yeah I originally had silver in my designs but once they unveiled the sky blue uniforms, I fell in love with the color and changed it. I also tried having navy, sky blue, silver, and white coexist but the silver muddied the look in my opinion. 

• Like 1

IOWA HAWKEYES

RbHMgcY.png

DbDjPML.png

215RtLd.png

xBR36a1.png

DESIGN

• I did the same thing with Iowa as I did with Kansas State, gave them a new look to replace an NFL look
  • I don't think their current look is bad but I think they can do better than just a Steelers knockoffs
  • This new concept is sort of a mix of looks:
  • Kept the same font but de-italicized it

HELMET

• Black and gold helmet with black facemask
  • New stripe added
  • Changed the "America Needs Farmers" sticker to one similar to the 2015 alternate helmet and moved it to the back
  • Black front and back bumpers with 

JERSEY

• New stripe added
  • Chest text added. I like the black on white look for the numbers and chest text on the basketball uniforms so I didn't add a gold outline

PANTS

• Black and gold pants
  • New stripe added

SOCKS

• Black socks with gold accents

Up next is a team that recently went through an amazing brand refresh and just won their first ever ACC Championship, Pittsburgh. Thanks for looking and as always C&C is greatly appreciated!

• Like 2

• NH4 changed the title to College Football Uniform Concepts FBS, FCS, D2 & D3- Iowa Hawkeyes

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Weird seeing them without any white on the uniforms. Away Jersey needs yellow, but besides that I can dig it.  Might be worth trying a modified version of those throwback (collarbone?) wing jerseys, I guess just wrapping the striping around the front as well

• Like 1

Purdue: You mostly ditched silver here.  Given that I have no idea why the Boilers even bother with it, good on ya.

Colorado State: very well executed

Old Dominion: holy crap I love that stripe!  While I don't mind the silver, the white logos look real good.

Iowa: the white jersey could stand to have a little gold, and until I read the description I thought the way the helmet stripe is was an oversight, but overall, good job.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

20 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Weird seeing them without any white on the uniforms. Away Jersey needs yellow, but besides that I can dig it.  Might be worth trying a modified version of those throwback (collarbone?) wing jerseys, I guess just wrapping the striping around the front as well

Thanks yeah I thought about putting the stripes on the collarbone  but just thought that was a little too modern for a traditional looking team like Iowa. A one-off alternate tho would look sweet which I, now that I'm typing this out, sounds like a good idea and might add one.

7 hours ago, Discrim said:

Purdue: You mostly ditched silver here.  Given that I have no idea why the Boilers even bother with it, good on ya.

Colorado State: very well executed

Old Dominion: holy crap I love that stripe!  While I don't mind the silver, the white logos look real good.

Iowa: the white jersey could stand to have a little gold, and until I read the description I thought the way the helmet stripe is was an oversight, but overall, good job.

Thank you! The ODU stripe is one of my favorites so I'm glad it's well received.

So I took the comments and added gold to the away jerseys

0lmx3Ri.png

• Gold outlines on the numbers, chest text, and player name
  • Gold stripes between the black stripes
  • I tried to keep the stripes gold and add black shoulder caps, but that didn't look good with white sleeve cuffs and a collar. So I tried black cuffs and a collar, but that looked too bulky (I don't know if that's the right word but that's the best I could describe it) so I settled on this. 

Thanks for the comments and let me know what you all think.

• Like 9

• NH4 changed the title to College Football Uniform Concepts FBS, FCS, D2 & D3- Iowa Hawkeyes (Update)

Ok so a little bit of a change, I'm going with South Alabama because I finished this draft and totally forgot about Pitt. Hand up, that goes to me being too excited about the Jaguars but I'll have Pitt up tomorrow.

SOUTH ALABAMA JAGUARS

LIUegLD.png

C0pxaUU.png

ZFcNJH5.png

4j40eAV.png

qKp4B2q.png

Vl2sDoz.png

DESIGN

• New truncated double-colored stripe based off the whiskers in the logos
  • Same text and number font

HELMET

• White and red helmet with white facemask
  • New stripe added
  • Jaguar head is the only helmet logo. I really like the logo and don't understand why they insist on having the "JAGS" wordmark on the helmet

JERSEY

• New stripe added
  • Chest text changed on the blue jersey from "SOUTH" to "JAGUARS"

PANTS

• White, red, and blue pants added
  • New stripe added

SOCKS

• White socks with red accents

Thanks for looking and as always C&C is greatly appreciated.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

• NH4 changed the title to College Football Uniform Concepts FBS, FCS, D2 & D3- South Alabama Jaguars

PITT PANTHERS

yfFEUTI.png

r4uLYwK.png

DESIGN

• Like pretty much everyone, I was ecstatic when Pitt went back to their old color scheme full time
  • I just added and edited a couple things that I think would make the uniform look better

HELMET

• Gold helmet with blue facemask
  • Widened stripe added
  • Pittsburgh flag on the back

JERSEY

• New stripes added
  • Moved TV numbers from sleeves to shoulders

PANTS

• Gold pants only
  • They've added blue and white pants but I think those are unnecessary and I don't like the look (especially when paired like this)

SOCKS

• White socks with blue accents

Up next we'll continue with teams with cat nicknames, Missouri. Thanks for looking and as always C&C is greatly appreciated!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• NH4 changed the title to College Football Uniform Concepts FBS, FCS, D2 & D3- Pitt Panthers

MISSOURI TIGERS

4XIZOPz.png

UvPSJiW.png

VDebpvO.png

PNVza7s.png

DESIGN

• Unlike Pitt, I might be the only one to not be a huge fan of Missouri's new uniforms
  • I don't know if it's the mismatched pants striping or what but I like the old striped uniform better. A weird case of me liking a modern uniform better than a traditional uniform
  • Tapered stripes added to helmet, jerseys, and pants
  • Tiger logo released from the oval
  • Same font

HELMET

• Black and gold helmet with black facemask

JERSEY

• New stripes added
  • Chest text added

PANTS

• Gold, black, and white pants
  • Stripes added back

SOCKS

• Black socks with gold accents

Up next we'll go out west with Cal. Thanks for looking and as always C&C is greatly appreciated!

• Like 8

• NH4 changed the title to College Football Uniform Concepts FBS, FCS, D2 & D3- Missouri Tigers

Pitt: No real notes but are both sleeve stripe patterns the same in terms of stripe width? Seems like it but the yellow (on the home) seems thicker than the blue (on the road) because of how the colors interact.

Mizzou: I like using sharp angles to match the logo since Mizzou doesn't have an established classic look like a lot of the SEC (and agreed, mismatching pants stripes a pet peeve even if it's untouchable look like LSU). To me, the sleeves are better than the pants, and I would prefer to see that same concept applied to both (slashing stripe creating two long points in opposite directions). As it is, other than pointiness I feel there's some disconnect between the three elements. And I definitely prefer the black helmet, it blends in the logo so well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Pitt: No real notes but are both sleeve stripe patterns the same in terms of stripe width? Seems like it but the yellow (on the home) seems thicker than the blue (on the road) because of how the colors interact.

Mizzou: I like using sharp angles to match the logo since Mizzou doesn't have an established classic look like a lot of the SEC (and agreed, mismatching pants stripes a pet peeve even if it's untouchable look like LSU). To me, the sleeves are better than the pants, and I would prefer to see that same concept applied to both (slashing stripe creating two long points in opposite directions). As it is, other than pointiness I feel there's some disconnect between the three elements. And I definitely prefer the black helmet, it blends in the logo so well.

Pitt- I went back and measured the stripes and yeah they are the same size. I've noticed that in some of my other concepts, the stripe sizes look different but I measure them and they're the same size. I think it's just how the different colors interact 

Missouri- I took your advice and come up with 2 concepts actually. The 1st is what you described, the pants stripes mirroring the sleeve stripes. And then in the 2nd, I changed the sleeve stripes to match the pants and helmet stripe where the point comes forward. 

eFnIgCF.png

l2VhEDu.png

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

• Like 3

On 12/16/2021 at 10:18 AM, -Akronite- said:

I actually might prefer the 2nd option there, though that might change if the stripes weren't truncated on the pants. Both options work well on the sleeves though.

9 minutes ago, jaytavo305 said:

I think I prefer option 2 as well, the first feels a little blocky on the pants, if that makes sense. The stripes form a kind of awkward, rectangle shape. Option 2 looks really good. 

Ok good because I like option 2 also, especially because it matches the helmet stripe too. Here's the updates

l2VhEDu.png

NKNXJhA.png

T5lYjzT.png

knJhi12.png

• Like 5