NFL City Edition Uniforms 32/32 Washington Football Team Added *COMPLETE*

johne9109

Here is the next part of my four part series. So the 4 major American sport leagues (MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA) all feature a unique uniform program; MLB- City Connect, NHL- Reverse Retro, NFL-color rush, NBA- City edition.) I decided to swap them around between the leagues. The first of these that I did was the MLB getting Color Rush uniforms. This series will be the NFL getting City Edition uniforms

ZUH86xc.png

Arizona Cardinals

PBMKLrr.png

For the cardinals I didn't wan to to go the typical Sedona/grand canon aesthetic. Instead I took inspiration from the state flag. The Cardinals red gets slightly tweaked to match the flag and then yellow, orange and blue get brought in. The final little touch is the turquoise color used for the Nike logos to represent the turquoise reserves across the state and a nod to Native Americans within the state

• Like 5
  • WOAH 1

ZUH86xc.png

Atlanta Falcons

5i7reDB.png

Went with something pretty different for the Falcons, but something that I think would go over really well with Atlanta. With this year being the 25th anniversary of Outkast's celebrated album ATLiens I decided to make the Falcons uniform based on the album's cover. I know it would only be good for the one year, but Atlanta is so rich in music history they could easily adapt it year to year. I thought about doing peach state/peachtree related or MLK Jr. related, but they've been done by the Hawks and couldn't come up with something that let it stand apart. Overall I'm happy with this and if this were to become a reality I would easily buy this as an Outkast fan.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NFL City Edition Uniforms 2/32 Atlanta Falcons

Baltimore Ravens

TbmkpFG.png

I know I technically did 2 black uniforms in a row but I knew this was what I wanted to do for the Ravens. Baltimore get a Edgar Allen Poe inspired uniform. Poe lived, died and was buried in Baltimore and with the team name already being the Ravens; there was just great synergy there. I also borrowed from the NHL and put "quote the raven" on the back of the collar. 

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NFL City Edition Uniforms 3/32 Baltimore Ravens
  • johne9109 changed the title to NFL City Edition Uniforms 4/32 Bills Added

Carolina Panthers

Nbqj4nP.png

For the Panthers I took inspiration from a couple places. First the gold is for the Gold rush that made the Piedmont area of NC a destination during the 1700's. The term gold rush also led me to making this a color rush of sorts with the jersey and pants being gold. The green comes from the city's official color. This color combination just so happens to be the colors of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte; which also happens to be where I graduated from. 

• Like 5

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NFL City Edition Uniforms 5/32 Panthers Added
22 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Atlanta Falcons

5i7reDB.png

Went with something pretty different for the Falcons, but something that I think would go over really well with Atlanta. With this year being the 25th anniversary of Outkast's celebrated album ATLiens I decided to make the Falcons uniform based on the album's cover. I know it would only be good for the one year, but Atlanta is so rich in music history they could easily adapt it year to year. I thought about doing peach state/peachtree related or MLK Jr. related, but they've been done by the Hawks and couldn't come up with something that let it stand apart. Overall I'm happy with this and if this were to become a reality I would easily buy this as an Outkast fan.

I’m not sure if this number font was the best choice.  I know there’s other graffiti type fonts that may translate better. 

• Like 2

Chicago Bears

nbPflpf.png

For the Chicago Bears I took the opportunity to honor the USN and their connection to Chicago with Naval Station Great Lakes being just around the corner. The Bears uniform adapts it's striping on the sleeves as well as adding piping and stars on the back of the jersey to match the piping on the Navy Dress Blues. The blue is darkened to match the uniform as well. Orange gets swapped out for red; this was done to match the chevrons on an enlisted rank. I went enlisted red over NCO gold for two reasons; one Great Lakes is where Navy Basic Training happens so it is predominantly enlisted ranks. Two, I feel the media always uses officers and NCO's when they do military related things so I felt the enlisted who do most of the work deserved some recognition. As a Navy veteran myself this is another jersey I'd love to see actually happen

• Like 4

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NFL City Edition Uniforms 6/32 Bears Added

Cincinnati Bengals

Y1OVSMm.png

Ok time for another really drastic design. For the Bengals I took inspiration from two places. 1 is the use of the two shades of green which comes from the Cincinnati Zoo, The second was lederhosen. Why lederhosen? Well Cincinnati has the largest Oktobefest in the United States so I decided to use that as the main drawing point and then used the zoo's colors to keep the Bengal theming within.

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NFL City Edition Uniforms 7/32 Bengals Added
On 8/29/2021 at 7:47 AM, johne9109 said:

Buffalo Bills

ciAS1KD.png

For the Bills I drew upon nearby Niagara Falls for inspiration. The blues represent the water and then the white of the pants fading up into the jersey represent the mists from the falls

Having a gradient that far down on the jersey may be a problem, seeing as the jerseys are either tucked in or tailored around the waist. It would get lost pretty easily. If you want to keep the gradient, I would suggest moving it up a bit to become more visible.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

15 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Having a gradient that far down on the jersey may be a problem, seeing as the jerseys are either tucked in or tailored around the waist. It would get lost pretty easily. If you want to keep the gradient, I would suggest moving it up a bit to become more visible.

I didn't even think of that good point. I'll have to update that

ZUH86xc.png

18 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Here is the fix on the Bills

aH1vCA9.png

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

Cleveland Browns

UPPA19B.png

I think the Browns are the first team so far to keep their colors, albeit reversed. The inspiration comes from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The fret on the jersey comes from the organization logo and on the neck reads long live rock which are seen outside in front of the Hall. 

ZUH86xc.png

On 8/28/2021 at 4:46 PM, johne9109 said:

Baltimore Ravens

TbmkpFG.png

I know I technically did 2 black uniforms in a row but I knew this was what I wanted to do for the Ravens. Baltimore get a Edgar Allen Poe inspired uniform. Poe lived, died and was buried in Baltimore and with the team name already being the Ravens; there was just great synergy there. I also borrowed from the NHL and put "quote the raven" on the back of the collar. 

Quoth*

• Like 2

Dallas Cowboys

Rd4HxHW.png

The Dallas Cowboys is another city edition that works on multiple levels. The biggest inspiration is Big Tex that stands outside the State Fair of Texas. This also connects to the team name Cowboys with Big Tex being dressed like a cowboy. Finally the colors used in the jersey are also inspired by the state flag. 

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NFL City Edition Uniforms 9/32 Cowboys Added