College basketball 2021-2022

CaliforniaGlowin

New Honoring Black Excellence uniforms have started to pop up (men’s on left, women’s on right):

spacer.png
spacer.png

This is the first time in a long while I’ve worked on basketball, and the first time I’ve designed a collection this large on my own (18 teams total, each with a men’s and women’s squad). Each one uses a different pastel color set off with a custom floral pattern. The flowers are either state flowers (like the goldenrods for Nebraska and the violets for Rutgers) or flowers that are native to campus (like cherry blossoms for UW). All the men’s wordmarks come from jerseys worn by the first black players at each school.

• Like 14
  • Love 1

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

39 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

New Honoring Black Excellence uniforms have started to pop up (men’s on left, women’s on right):

spacer.png
spacer.png

This is the first time in a long while I’ve worked on basketball, and the first time I’ve designed a collection this large on my own (18 teams total, each with a men’s and women’s squad). Each one uses a different pastel color set off with a custom floral pattern. The flowers are either state flowers (like the goldenrods for Nebraska and the violets for Rutgers) or flowers that are native to campus (like cherry blossoms for UW). All the men’s wordmarks come from jerseys worn by the first black players at each school.

Really cool! Very well done. Rutgers looks amazing. 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

spacer.png
spacer.png

That's cool the designer for these in particular is on here - can you explain the Black Excellence tag and why its purple and orange? I was trying to figure it out when NC State showed off ours and was surprised that wasn't in the description. I don't think I recall ever seeing those colors used in a Black History/Excellence theming before and was curious as to why.

Very cool sets too.

16 hours ago, frosty06306 said:

That's cool the designer for these in particular is on here - can you explain the Black Excellence tag and why its purple and orange? I was trying to figure it out when NC State showed off ours and was surprised that wasn't in the description. I don't think I recall ever seeing those colors used in a Black History/Excellence theming before and was curious as to why.

Very cool sets too.

The HBE crew  took inspiration from traditional African dress, specifically purple garments worn by historical kings and queens. The orange was chosen to represent vibrancy, sacrifice, and passion (sort of a red + yellow = orange idea, also colors common in traditional African textiles). There are probably better sources, but this was the easiest one I could find at the moment: https://www.sikaa.com/blogs/blog/the-meaning-behind-the-colour

16 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Very 90's but in a good way. There are a photos of other teams?

They’ll be coming soon. The four that have already shown up were created on a different timeline, so that shipment apparently came in first.

• Like 2

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Kansas got a win in their 1922 Reverse Retro last night, honoring their first championship squad. We chose the colors to look like the sepiatone reference photos.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

15 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Kansas got a win in their 1922 Reverse Retro last night, honoring their first championship squad. We chose the colors to look like the sepiatone reference photos.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Were they still wearing blue and you just went off the photos? Or are you talking just about the white on the jerseys?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Were they still wearing blue and you just went off the photos? Or are you talking just about the white on the jerseys?

I’m assuming the originals were blue and white. We thought about trying to do something in blue and red, making the shorts the same color, adding a short logo, stuff like that, but in the end, this one seemed the most out there, and KU loved the idea. ASU, A&M, and NC State have also worn theirs (NC State was only willing to play with the trim colors, but I still dig it).

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

So, being out on the west coast, I don't bother with a lot of SEC ball but I was flipping channels today and came across the Auburn/Tennessee game. Damn, Tennessee's court is gorgeous.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...