MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

35 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Again, though, the league really should make Seattle change in cases like this, even if it means they have to find something like off-the-shelf white shorts and socks that they can use for clashes when they’re the road team.

I agree with this. They even talked about Seattle's non-clashing clash kit during the game, which, to be honest, seems like more than announcers should reasonably be expected to do.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/13/2021 at 2:56 PM, RevNet said:

Aston Villa Owners NSWE post trademark registration for the ‘Las Vegas Villains’

mark.png

https://uspto.report/TM/90755347

I feel like this news has really flown under the radar. 

As much as I'm a fan of more traditional soccer naming conventions, I love the idea of a team called Villains FC. I wonder if the vision of it is for a claret-and-blue franchise, a la Aston Villa, or whether it would play off the Raiders. A silver-and-black team named the Villains sharing a stadium with the Raiders would seem to be a nice fit.

Considering Colorado's color scheme, I'm going to assume the latter. 

• 2 weeks later...

Men's Columbus Crew adidas White/Gold 2021 MLS Works Kick Childhood Cancer Pre-Match Jersey

MLS's Kick Childhood Cancer pregame shirts. I think if Columbus went with some type of graffiti design like this or something like what Chelsea's home shirts use this year, with two shades of yellow, it would be a great look for them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/18/2021 at 10:28 AM, gosioux76 said:

I feel like this news has really flown under the radar. 

As much as I'm a fan of more traditional soccer naming conventions, I love the idea of a team called Villains FC. I wonder if the vision of it is for a claret-and-blue franchise, a la Aston Villa, or whether it would play off the Raiders. A silver-and-black team named the Villains sharing a stadium with the Raiders would seem to be a nice fit.

Considering Colorado's color scheme, I'm going to assume the latter. 

I think something like the color scheme for the WNBA Las Vegas Aces team would be a good way to go, but Aston Villa colors with the contrasting sleeves would be a good way to go as well. I'd rather they avoid using black and silver, though it would be a unique color set in the league. 

WNBA, Las Vegas Aces unveil new uniforms | Las Vegas Review-Journal

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/31/2021 at 1:01 PM, MJWalker45 said:

MLS's Kick Childhood Cancer pregame shirts. I think if Columbus went with some type of graffiti design like this or something like what Chelsea's home shirts use this year, with two shades of yellow, it would be a great look for them. 

They cycle through enough of these that it feels like each team gets one that's actually a cool shirt people will want to buy.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 minute ago, Digby said:

They cycle through enough of these that it feels like each team gets one that's actually a cool shirt people will want to buy.

I would have gotten the 4th of July shirt, if they had made one for Columbus. I did buy this because it's a better looking shirt than the grey jersey.  At least every team had this shirt this time. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

It's about time.  Their uniforms have been underwhelming to say the least but without a sponsor, they looked even worse.  Their practice uniforms gave a glimpse on how a normal sponsored kit would look as they used "AutoNation" to represent them in that space. Now, after 1 1/2 seasons, they finally have a primary sponsor.    

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/inter-miami-cf-announce-xbto-as-first-ever-jersey-sponsor

spacer.png

• Est1980 changed the title to Inter Miami Finally Sponsored
10 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Thank goodness that they now have a trusted cryptofinance company's logo on their chest. It really legitimizes this mls franchise as one to watch going forward. I'm expecting big things from them now.

Interesting...I'm pretty heavy into crypto and never heard of them. They also look really sketchy (a "liquidity" company that requires my personal info be given to them over the clearnet so they can take my money and give it to exchanges with not enough users). Y I K E S. 🧐

The Timbers wore white/green/white last night for the first time since 2019. They frequently wore green shorts with their last secondaries, but last night was the first time that they’ve busted out green shorts with the current secondaries. The kit looks like it was designed to be worn with the green shorts, so I’m happy to see them finally have that option. spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, Est1980 said:

It's about time.  Their uniforms have been underwhelming to say the least but without a sponsor, they looked even worse.  Their practice uniforms gave a glimpse on how a normal sponsored kit would look as they used "AutoNation" to represent them in that space. Now, after 1 1/2 seasons, they finally have a primary sponsor.    

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/inter-miami-cf-announce-xbto-as-first-ever-jersey-sponsor

spacer.png

How sad is it that the only way we could get more pink was with a sponsor lol

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

16 minutes ago, Camden Crazy said:

How sad is it that the only way we could get more pink was with a sponsor lol

They really need to take some cues from Palermo FC (Serie C) on the use of pink & black. Then again, they're probably limited by Adidas when it comes to design and patterns. 

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Timbers wore white/green/white last night for the first time since 2019. They frequently wore green shorts with their last secondaries, but last night was the first time that they’ve busted out green shorts with the current secondaries. The kit looks like it was designed to be worn with the green shorts, so I’m happy to see them finally have that option. spacer.png

spacer.png

Whoever at Adidas or the Timbers made the decision for all white being the primary combo over this should be fired into the sun. These look amazing.

ExJworW.png

• 2 weeks later...

I only just noticed how close in details this year's Galaxy away kit is to its 1997 inspiration. Even the details I thought were weird, lazy choices, like the white parts, are historically accurate. Especially interesting as the original was a Nike design... makes me wish 2020/21 went even further into retro inspirations if manufacturer differences aren't really a problem. 

295658.jpg.jpg 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived