MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness, this is a great logo and a huge upgrade.

I do wish the name was English on the top and French on the bottom -- and then the logo would be rotated 180 when used for French purposes -- because duplicate, upside-down text feels redundant and unnecessary. I guess you can't really do that if you hamfist a nonsense name.

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Sorry but a slightly dorky, silly name like Impact is miles ahead of CLUB DE FOOT, give me a break. 

I mean, I put it through Google Translate and Club de Foot Montreal comes out as Montreal Football Club. So they covered their bases at least 🤷‍♂️

spacer.png

Here is my attempt at what CF Montréal's secondary will now look like this year. I'm guessing they'd change the blue for silver in the logo to match the monotone of the jersey, and the jocktag will likely change or go completely as it reads "IM" for Impact de Montréal. Please ignore the rookie photoshop skills!

11 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Switched it around. Impact was unadulterated trash compared to the fun, quirky moniker they have now.

There is nothing fun and quirky about misunderstanding your own market’s dialect and sounding like a nauseating medical condition to everyone else. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

I mean, I put it through Google Translate and Club de Foot Montreal comes out as Montreal Football Club. So they covered their bases at least 🤷‍♂️

One of those things that Google Translate fails at. Yes, it is technically correct but fails to account for local dialect and general usage. Not to mention, Google Translate is France French

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I disagree with all of you, I think this new logo sucks. The old one wasn't great, but this does absolutely nothing to improve on it. I'm fully convinced that they looked at the Iceland crest and the Alouettes brand and just wanted something like that without even coming close to the execution of either.

Iceland national football team - Wikipedia            Re:Brand – Montreal Alouettes | Designedge Canada

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I really like that Alouettes logo and hadn't seen it before. In contrast to my previous comments, I like it even though it doesn't look like a sports logo. However, it does look like something that would have been created in the 70s, which it feels like CF Footballs tried for but way over-efforted.

And that's a whole lot of effort just to rip off Bloomington. Great googily moogily.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 hours ago, MDGP said:

I'm fully convinced that they looked at the Iceland crest and the Alouettes brand and just wanted something like that without even coming close to the execution of either.

Iceland national football team - Wikipedia            Re:Brand – Montreal Alouettes | Designedge Canada

The Icelandic National Football Team's crest design draws upon folklore endemic to the nation and well-known to its populace. Namely, the badge depicts the legendary landvættir - land wights - that fought off the invasion attempts of King Harald Gormsson (aka, Harald Bluetooth) and a sorcerer in his employ. It is said that these wights took the form of the dragon Dreki, the great eagle Gammur, the massive bull Griðungur, and the mountain giant Bergrisi, with each defending a quarter of Iceland.

The Montréal Alouettes logo captures the simple, modernistic aesthetic that marked - indeed, defined - the golden age of Canadian graphic design 

So what does the badge of the Club de Foot Montréal gives us? Well, in place of the Icelandic National Football Team's embrace of an authentic cultural touchstone, we're treated to a depiction of the fact that soccer supporters in Montréal apparently hold fast to the insipid, catchphrase-like ideal, "We are snowflakes." And rather than echoing the clean, spare, less-is-more design of the Montréal Alouettes logo, we're given the same word mark twice, a pair of fleurs-de-lis, and a snowflake comprised of four Ms and eight arrows.

Look, I'll concede that besides its longevity, the Montreal Impact identity was nothing to write home about. That said, this new Club de Foot Montréal brand strikes me as "meh"... a missed opportunity. 

I can’t think of anything that shows the disconnect between the fans and the identity they’re trying to hoist on them than the sacre bleu in the presentation video, like it was an SNL skit. AFAIK foot is a France French diminutive and not widely used in Quebec. The crest isn’t great (neither was the predecessor tbf) but the name is a downgrade

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Here’s the Timbers’ new anthem jacket for this season:

spacer.png

Interesting that it has white adidas stripes this time around rather than gold accents like the anthem jackets from the last two seasons. Makes me wonder if the new primary kit will follow suit. Of course it’s also quite possible (maybe even likely) that this anthem jacket isn’t an indication of the kit design at all and they just wanted to go with white stripes to differentiate from the training and leisurewear products from the past couple seasons.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

NYCFC never has any problem with putting the standalone NYC on training gear, so why can't they ever do it on the kits themselves? It's so annoying how they have such a great monogram and then don't use it where it counts.

ExJworW.png

Archived