MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

NYCFC never has any problem with putting the standalone NYC on training gear, so why can't they ever do it on the kits themselves? It's so annoying how they have such a great monogram and then don't use it where it counts.

Part of the problem is that if you're too far away that monogram is illegible. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Part of the problem is that if you're too far away that monogram is illegible. 

But you can read the full crest from a distance? 

I'd think removing the monogram from the crest, and making it larger on the front of the jersey, would make it a much clearer symbol than a roundel full of other distractions. 

12 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

But you can read the full crest from a distance? 

I'd think removing the monogram from the crest, and making it larger on the front of the jersey, would make it a much clearer symbol than a roundel full of other distractions. 

I can at least make it out. I can't in the picture shown unless I zoom in.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I can at least make it out. I can't in the picture shown unless I zoom in.

That picture also makes it look like they used light blue stitching on light blue fabric, which certainly doesn't help. Put the crest in navy or white, and enlarged on the jersey, and you'd recognize it just fine. 

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

That picture also makes it look like they used light blue stitching on light blue fabric, which certainly doesn't help. Put the crest in navy or white, and enlarged on the jersey, and you'd recognize it just fine. 

The monogram is actually white on the anthem jacket:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Eh. It doesn’t look great. NYCFC have been wise to emphasize the navy on their last couple home kits, I think. Though maybe that means they’re due to go back to the white (which means it’s SKC’s turn to go back to navy trim)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

According to Footy Headlines, Inter Miami is carrying over their primaries and getting new black secondaries with the updated shade of pink:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/01/leaked-inter-miami-cf-to-carry-over.html?m=1

I guess it’s nice that they’ll have a new black kit without the large three stripes on the shoulder, but I would’ve much preferred them getting a new primary where the new shade of pink could actually be discernible from the white. 

Footy Headlines is also reporting that Cincinnati is getting a new primary kit, which they say will be navy:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/01/fc-cincinnati-2021-home-jersey.html?m=1

I really wasn’t a fan of their half and half kit from last year, but at least it had a fair amount of royal blue. If this new kit truly is just navy and orange, it’ll be a big mistake IMO. They should be emphasizing royal and orange as much as possible. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'm under the impression the Cincinatti kit will have a multi blue graphic print, see Japan for example.

Fun fact: the two 2020 kits that were using a 2019 template, Cincinatti away and Miami home, are not getting replaced for 2021. So they'll use a three year old template. Go figure!

4 hours ago, hendocfc said:

I'm under the impression the Cincinatti kit will have a multi blue graphic print, see Japan for example.

Fun fact: the two 2020 kits that were using a 2019 template, Cincinatti away and Miami home, are not getting replaced for 2021. So they'll use a three year old template. Go figure!

To be clear, the clubs are the one's choosing which kits to keep I'm pretty sure. So you can trash Adidas for using teamwear and old templates, that's fair and I don't disagree, but if when it comes to what kits are kept and which are replaced, well direct the ire at the club.

I really like Cincy's away strip a lot, it looks super clean and frankly I'm happy they're replacing the home kit. If you're going to have a majority-white away kit, well Cincy's is probably one of the best such kit in the league. 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

how many times are the crew going promote black to primary and do a white away kit before they learn.  

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/01/columbus-crew-2021-away-kit.html

At what point is Adidas to blame for all these white kits? Or is this the MLS dictating that it happens? I can't envision all these clubs independently wanting to go with such blah white secondary uniforms.

2 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

At what point is Adidas to blame for all these white kits? Or is this the MLS dictating that it happens? I can't envision all these clubs independently wanting to go with such blah white secondary uniforms.

It's all up to the individual teams when they design and sign off on the kits. As long as one is dark and the other is light teams can do whatever colors they want. For those that dont really care about the design process the MLS design team (4 of them) will do the bare minimum and give them the crappy tshirt version kits

12 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s the new travel hoodie for the Red Bulls:

spacer.png

It’s “Clear Grey”, which makes me wonder if they’re sticking with grey for their new primaries.

😬 i hope not. That would be a weird move considering the grey kit was a big swing and a miss throughout the fanbase. The team seemed to be aware too, as they wpuld frequently wear the red kit and the black kit at home over the past 2 years.

So Columbus is ditching their yellow kit one year after they had an internet meltdown over Nashville daring to use yellow, and in the same year they move into their new stadium chock full of yellow seats. Bizarre. They'd run out of ideas on what to do with yellow jerseys anyway, but still, pick a trademark and stick with it.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived