MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

As it relates to marketing, it could also be something to help give purpose behind alternate uniforms that don't represent a team's primary colors. The notion of a "change kit" is common in global soccer, but (the recent lunacy of the NBA aside) might still be considered an oddity in the North American custom of home and away uniforms using a team's primary color palette. I was in Portland when the Timbers joined MLS, and naming their secondaries the Rose City Red kits at the time made it clear that the off-brand color choice wasn't made at random. This is just a theory for the sake of discussion, of course. I know nothing. :)

That's a fair point, though it doesn't work well when say Colorado releases a white kit with burgundy trim and makes a fancy website dubbing it the "black diamond kit" or whatever.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Columbus switching to Nationwide proper for their sponsor, or is this one of those training-kit-only deals? Really hope it's the former, the sponsor logo was one of the many sartorial mistakes they had in their Cup winning year.

ff_4148432-58d13e3cc29245779ca8alt1_full

24 minutes ago, Digby said:

Is Columbus switching to Nationwide proper for their sponsor, or is this one of those training-kit-only deals? Really hope it's the former, the sponsor logo was one of the many sartorial mistakes they had in their Cup winning year.

The Children’s Hospital logo was just for 2020. This is from their press release announcing the deal last year: 

“Beginning in 2021, Crew SC kits will feature the Nationwide logo and Nationwide Children’s Hospital will transition into a community partner role with details to be announced later this year.”

And here’s a photo from that press release of the black jersey with the standard Nationwide logo:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, KitLeakBoi said:

Are you referring to the Real Madrid leak with the Orange and Blue accents? The collar type might be the same, along with the usual shoulder stripes. The pattern though isn’t at all the same. Real Madrid’s is a couple repeating, colored lines. The RSL pattern is a  combination of photos or custom designed “Believe”/Lion elements repeated vertically maybe 3 times. To me it resembles a scrapbook section or various magazine clippings stacked upon each other maybe. Also not colorful, but grey like the FC Cincinnati grey-on-white of their current white kit.

I could mock it up I guess. 

Here's my best mockup based on what I've seen.

EDIT: shirt back should be white, not red. The inside collar red stays though. Image has been updated.

spacer.png

19 hours ago, Digby said:

ff_4148432-58d13e3cc29245779ca8alt1_full

White instead of yellow? Ugh!!! I think that pattern on the black jersey is way worse than the Nationwide Children's logo. That will still be there unfortunately.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

I know it's only training gear, but AFAIK this is the first time New York has used this wordmark on the front of a shirt. I've only seen it for other RB teams.

I'd rather they do this rather than the big can logo that they normally use. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd rather they do this rather than the big can logo that they normally use. 

As a die hard RBNY fan I actually disagree. The Red Bull logo in the front has basically become a part of the look. Its a nice looking, symmetrical logo and it is unque.

Here are two of Nashville’s new keeper jerseys:

spacer.png

And here are the other keeper kit colorways we can expect to see this season:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The black, yellow, and orange colorways are the least offensive because the pattern isn’t as noticeable, but the template and design are both pretty terrible overall. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

25 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

And that letter from the Montreal “ultras” - wow. As the co-founder and former president of a supporters’ group, fans can really be drama queens sometimes.

Fans being drama queens is what saved us from that awful original Portland crest and whatever "Seattle Alliance" was supposed to be. More drama queens, less dopey empty suits.

I have no idea whether or not this graphic could be a hint at Austin’s secondary kit, but I thought it was at least worth posting:

spacer.png

I actually think a white kit with tonal hoops and green accents could be a really nice inaugural secondary kit for them. Yeah, it’d be another white kit but white and green work great together and tonal hoops would be a pretty natural secondary look to the black and green vertical stripes. Here are a couple mock-ups of what that could look like:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Again, I have no idea if that graphic is an indication of their secondary kit design or not, but I thought it was at least worth posting here for the sake of discussion. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

30 minutes ago, TacoCat83 said:

Seattle will be using the Pink, Black, and Lime Green Keeper kits this season.

Also hearing Seattle new away will be a Deep Ocean Blue color. 

Hmm, wonder if the new Seattle away will be the same color as Vancouver’s current secondary. The color is called “Deep Sea”:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Fans being drama queens is what saved us from that awful original Portland crest and whatever "Seattle Alliance" was supposed to be. More drama queens, less dopey empty suits.

It can be for good and ill.  This is an example of the latter, but this is the exact lack of perspective I would expect from any group that willingly adopts the name “ultra”. 

Archived