MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

Once again Atlanta is the golden boy and everyone else should feel honored to be in their presence. Surprised LAFC didn't get a third as well, then both teams that MLS and the media slobber over would have one (and maybe play each other both wearing them).

ExJworW.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Philadelphia is revealing their new secondary today.

17 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If Australian A League teams can negotiate deals, MLS teams can to. The problem in the US is that the league controls the uniform contracts, not the teams. It's also why adidas would probably cover parts of Lionel Messi's salary if he picks a MLS team to play for in the future. That's why they prefer dealing with one company instead of multiple companies. Garber came over from the NFL and they are of the same mind of limiting the amount of companies that deal with certain things, except when it comes to sponsorship. That's why coke and Pepsi, Budweiser and Miller all are official sponsors of the NFL. 

Does anyone know why MLS keeps kissing up to Atlanta? Does Blank own the MLS offices or something? 

So MLS didn't think fans in LA, New York or Seattle wouldn't want to buy more merchandise? 

New MLS Side Austin FC Unveils 2021 adidas Home Kit - FOOTBALL FASHION

And can anyone tell me why MLS is so dumb as to send advertisements for this jersey to Columbus Crew fans' emails? Some of the folks were sent these mocked up with their last names on them. 

First off, horrible move by Austin to with a black base. Should have been green. Secondly, maybe they are doing it "accidentally on purpose". Maybe they are trying to run with this "Rivalry" of Columbus vs Austin FC....they definitely have me intrigued as a neutral.

12 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Once again Atlanta is the golden boy and everyone else should feel honored to be in their presence. Surprised LAFC didn't get a third as well, then both teams that MLS and the media slobber over would have one (and maybe play each other both wearing them).

The media stuff yes, but Atlanta was the only team who sold enough kits to be eligible for a 3rd. Can't hate on them for that.

Atlanta’s average game attendance has been twice that of most other teams in the league since day one, and they put together one of the best squads we’ve ever seen within the weird MLS rules. They didn’t even get conveniently timed rule changes the way dynasty-era Galaxy always did. That’s why they’re a golden child. If that upsets you, go yell at your own team for sucking.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

First off, horrible move by Austin to with a black base. Should have been green. Secondly, maybe they are doing it "accidentally on purpose". Maybe they are trying to run with this "Rivalry" of Columbus vs Austin FC....they definitely have me intrigued as a neutral.

MLS is the one responsible and that's ticking a lot of folks off. Did they send this to Houston and FC Dallas fans, too? Did they blast it out to the entire league? If a league wants to create a rivalry, there are much better ways to do that than by trolling the team that just won the league. First with a probably all white uniform, and then with this mess. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

That Union secondary is really quite nice, although I think I would’ve preferred it if the colors were inverted and the lightning pattern was just a tad subtler. Still a really nice effort, though, and refreshing to see a team have fans so involved in the process from start to finish. I would love to see yellow shorts, but blue is probably more likely.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

35 minutes ago, Digby said:

Atlanta’s average game attendance has been twice that of most other teams in the league since day one, and they put together one of the best squads we’ve ever seen within the weird MLS rules. They didn’t even get conveniently timed rule changes the way dynasty-era Galaxy always did. That’s why they’re a golden child. If that upsets you, go yell at your own team for sucking.

Other than Seattle, who else has plus 50,000 attendance per game (when they open up the upper bowl), or the space for that many? My question is, if this was something planned as far out as 2 years ago, why is only one team getting third kits? You'd think they'd want to hit the biggest markets in the league when they roll them out. 

37 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

The media stuff yes, but Atlanta was the only team who sold enough kits to be eligible for a 3rd. Can't hate on them for that.

Requiring a set amount of sales, rather than adding them to help differentiate the teams from each other, is stupid anyways. But adidas has continued to prove that they really only give MLS what they have to when it comes to uniform design. I'd like to see the league let teams seek out other uniform makers, just to see the competition for some of the teams that have been at the front of the league for so long. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Have they revealed what color shorts/socks that Philly jersey will be worn with? I hope it's white shorts. White shorts and yellow socks could be awesome.

I haven’t seen any mention of the shorts and socks in their press release or any of the articles I’ve read about the kit design process. Blue shorts and socks seem the most likely, but I could see there being a yellow shorts option as well. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I haven’t seen any mention of the shorts and socks in their press release or any of the articles I’ve read about the kit design process. Blue shorts and socks seem the most likely, but I could see there being a yellow shorts option as well. 

Theoretically they should be able to have both colored shorts as they are both in that lighter category

I imagine Seattle’s kit sales are “down” because everyone here despises the striped shoulder kit.  Second time in a row that our rave green shirt has been almost universally panned. Adidas could make more money if they stopped phoning in kit designs, and the organization really needs to push back against these silly fads.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

20 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

And that is what really annoys me about the MLS. Almost always matching shorts/socks. 

Archived