MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

1 hour ago, EricSpratt said:

Sadly, if Cincy's primary is navy blue this year, all of the teams that used to use royal blue as their primary kit color have opted to use darker colors (Cincy, Montreal, and San Jose). No more royal blue kits in MLS.

Kansas City started it! The first useless rebrand of MLS; I guess come to think of it they owned the Chelsea-ish blue for the MLS of the aughts. The Sporting-era owner seems like the kind of guy who owns 34 light blue Oxford shirts, so I’ve always assumed that’s why they changed their color scheme.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EricSpratt said:

Sadly, if Cincy's primary is navy blue this year, all of the teams that used to use royal blue as their primary kit color have opted to use darker colors (Cincy, Montreal, and San Jose). No more royal blue kits in MLS.

Whenever Charlotte’s team realeases their kits, hopefully it’s blue heavy before the *inventible* shift to mostly black

13 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Whenever Charlotte’s team realeases their kits, hopefully it’s blue heavy before the *inventible* shift to mostly black

Charlotte's using a really lovely shade of blue, not as light as the sky blue that half the league uses but not as saturated and dark as royal. They'd really stand out in the league to use as much of that blue as possible in their uniform, too. (Would make up for the crest and the fact that they shoulda went mint green.)

12 minutes ago, Digby said:

spacer.png

On top of everything else, BMO using the no-wordmark logo is somehow even more intrusive. Early leader in the Kit Wooden Spoon rankings.

Pics also showed black shorts, and I’d assume black socks. Just 🚮. Hopefully the away is a bit of a better looker.

21 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Pics also showed black shorts, and I’d assume black socks. Just 🚮. Hopefully the away is a bit of a better looker.

I assume they're retaining the away kit. Thought it was odd that they went with a silver shirt and black trim last year. Now we know!

9 minutes ago, henburg said:

I think that Montreal looks really sharp personally 🤷‍♂️

In a vacuum, maybe. But not when San Jose already has that set, and Columbus basically does but in yellow.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

My 2 cents? Montreal has gone so far backwards here.

I ranted about my thoughts on the name before so I won't re-hash but now they've got a pretty bland uniform set too. 

They've just stripped this team of anything unique they built up at all in terms of identity.

(posting the other jersey here as well as I haven't seen it in this thread yet)

Let's just hope that TFC doesn't get that giant BMO logo on either of their shirts. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

44 minutes ago, Digby said:

spacer.png

On top of everything else, BMO using the no-wordmark logo is somehow even more intrusive. Early leader in the Kit Wooden Spoon rankings.

Pros: Attractive design, good colors, not too exciting, gets the job done.

Cons: Emblematic of the BFBS path the MLS as a whole has started taking, too little blue, lack of what should be their signature stripes, lots of character sucked out of the home and road sets.

It's ok I guess. Good design, just devoid of any real character, much like the MLS now as a whole.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Someone tell me again what was wrong with club de Montreal's former nickname and kit identity...?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Someone tell me again what was wrong with club de Montreal's former nickname and kit identity...?

Nothing. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

9 minutes ago, tBBP said:

The best I could piece together from the execs is that they think "Impact" does not resonate globally, while "Montreal" has worldwide cachet. Of course I don't know that any name will make you globally relevant when you're a perennial lower-half-of-the-table team in a league that's only 3rd- or 4th-most popular on its own continent. 

Why is the MLS, as a whole, really pushing this BFBS bs? It seems like every team that had black as it’s secondary color, has promoted it to its primary color. 

It’s a shame too because that crest is really lovely and would look amazing on a blue shirt. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived