MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

They both ditched MLMs for real(?) things. Good for them!

Honey is a completely different service than Bumble, but still fun to see both of those bee-based companies sponsoring LA's now two lesser-than franchises.

Nope. Honey is just going on the sleeve. LAG's main sponsor is still Herbalife.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TaylorMade said:

Nope. Honey is just going on the sleeve. LAG's main sponsor is still Herbalife.

Oh that's terrible.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The kids replica version of the Timbers’ new primary shirt has leaked on soccer.com:

spacer.png
https://www.soccer.com/shop/details/kid-s-replica-adidas-portland-timbers-home-jersey-20-21_A1048596?gclid=CjwKCAiAyc2BBhAaEiwA44-wWxX2gM7DTdh0OgKj7vju9oDgPfD3pyCi6jvduHhilR1GvuSeWbcCYRoCBHMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Assuming this is indeed legit, it’s another really sharp effort from the Timbers. I’m a sucker for henley collars, so I’m really happy to see one here after the 2019/20 home shirt had a v-neck collar. I’m guessing the authentic version will have some gold piping on the cuffs. I like the half and half chevron design as well, which is a nice callback to their inaugural primary shirt:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The kids replica version of the Timbers’ new primary shirt has leaked on soccer.com:

spacer.png
https://www.soccer.com/shop/details/kid-s-replica-adidas-portland-timbers-home-jersey-20-21_A1048596?gclid=CjwKCAiAyc2BBhAaEiwA44-wWxX2gM7DTdh0OgKj7vju9oDgPfD3pyCi6jvduHhilR1GvuSeWbcCYRoCBHMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Assuming this is indeed legit, it’s another really sharp effort from the Timbers. I’m a sucker for henley collars, so I’m really happy to see one here after the 2019/20 home shirt had a v-neck collar. I’m guessing the authentic version will have some gold piping on the cuffs. I like the half and half chevron design as well, which is a nice callback to their inaugural primary shirt:

I hate judging it based on a youth jersey, but from this look, I don't care for it. I understand the homage to the inaugural MLS kit, but the half-and-half look on that kit worked much better because it was contrasted by the white sleeves. I assume the sleeve color on this new one is meant to match the green on the left half of the kit, but (and blame this on the image or the fact that it's a youth kit) it almost looks like it could be a third shade of green. Regardless, It just doesn't work for me. Hoping the full reveal will change my mind. 

If you lose the half-and-half look, you're basically looking at a repeat of the 2017-2018 kit, which I liked, but I don't need to see again .

15 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

This was the first ever MLS jersey I ever got. Personally I love it. Glad they are returning to it. I'm a sucker for half/half designs like this when executed well.

8 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I hate judging it based on a youth jersey, but from this look, I don't care for it. I understand the homage to the inaugural MLS kit, but the half-and-half look on that kit worked much better because it was contrasted by the white sleeves. I assume the sleeve color on this new one is meant to match the green on the left half of the kit, but (and blame this on the image or the fact that it's a youth kit) it almost looks like it could be a third shade of green. Regardless, It just doesn't work for me. Hoping the full reveal will change my mind. 

If you lose the half-and-half look, you're basically looking at a repeat of the 2017-2018 kit, which I liked, but I don't need to see again .

The authentic version will no doubt look better than this replica, and I’m guessing there’ll be some gold trim on the cuffs and/or collar. I actually think the half and design works way better here than on the inaugural shirt. That shirt would’ve benefitted by either having the half and half design OR the white sleeves, not both. This new shirt makes better use of the half/half design IMO, but it should have the darker green on the right sleeve. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

The authentic version will no doubt look better than this replica, and I’m guessing there’ll be some gold trim on the cuffs and/or collar. I actually think the half and design works way better here than on the inaugural shirt. That shirt would’ve benefitted by either having the half and half design OR the white sleeves, not both. This new shirt makes better use of the half/half design IMO, but it should have the darker green on the right sleeve. 

Yes, maybe that's the difference-maker here. I'm really thrown by the sleeves. But having them match only one half of the jersey, and not the other, it feels out of balance, and makes the darker shade seem out of place. 

I hope you're right about the replica adding some trim and other details.

Any idea what the crowns are on the inside collar? Is that a Kings of Cascadia reference? 

13 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

The two greens are to far away from each other in contrast as well. 

2 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

Does Cincinnati get a new home kit again? I thought MLS teams get a new jersey only every second year.

The white kit and the blue kit were both new last year I believe, which is why they picked the blue kit to change. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Yes, maybe that's the difference-maker here. I'm really thrown by the sleeves. But having them match only one half of the jersey, and not the other, it feels out of balance, and makes the darker shade seem out of place. 

I hope you're right about the replica adding some trim and other details.

Any idea what the crowns are on the inside collar? Is that a Kings of Cascadia reference? 

Pretty sure it’s a reference to the “King of Clubs” tifo from the Timbers’ first home MLS match against the Sounders:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

57 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Said it a few pages back, but I'll be damned if this isn't one of my favorite kits ever for the Timbers and probably the sport in general (I legit think I own 3 or 4 of them). So glad they're bringing back not only the half and half motif, but the chevrons as well. I'll be snatching this up as soon as it drops.

As far as next year's secondary goes, as someone who has met MP and has been shown kits prior to any release info in the past, I trust it'll be a banger. He really loves the team and the fans, and likes a good balance of having a classy kit and then a somewhat out there kit, so if he's already hyping it up, it's gotta be pretty wild.

I always advocated for a Portland flag themed kit as I think it's up their in the top city flags and could easily be done given there's only one color that isn't in the timbers scheme, and that hasn't stopped teams like Colorado from doing that in the past. Overall very excited for these next few!

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

In my opinion, this design would look better if each half of the front of the jersey was accented by a sleeve in the contrasting shade of green: righthand half of the torso lighter green, right sleeve darker green... lefthand half of the torso darker green, left sleeve lighter green.  

10 minutes ago, EricSpratt said:

spacer.png

Pretty good look for the Timbers. Don't care for the choice of using the darker green for the back. Looks weird with the lighter green sleeves.

Yeah, don’t understand that choice. I’m confident the authentic will have a different treatment on the back, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 minutes ago, EricSpratt said:

spacer.png

Pretty good look for the Timbers. Don't care for the choice of using the darker green for the back. Looks weird with the lighter green sleeves.

It might just be a trick of the eye, but I can also see that dark green as a dark blue or a black. 

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

This new shirt makes better use of the half/half design IMO, but it should have the darker green on the right sleeve. 

That was my thought exactly.  One panel of darker green looks misplaced, but balancing it with a darker green sleeve would create a much more cohesive design.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah, don’t understand that choice. I’m confident the authentic will have a different treatment on the back, though.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the authentic also has that darker back. It seems like a strange element to change for the youth/replica.

6 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

They both ditched MLMs for real(?) things. Good for them!

Honey is a completely different service than Bumble, but still fun to see both of those bee-based companies sponsoring LA's now two lesser-than franchises.

MLS is quite likely a MLM itself... I don’t think they will ever ditch Herbalife over ethical concerns.

In other advertising-based takes it still pains me to see Seattle-headquartered Alaska Airlines on the Timbers shirt.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived