MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

What do you mean by “5 stripes badge”? A jock tag design? Is there any other detailing on the shirt (gold trim, perhaps)?

Yes a jock tag that's a combination of the icon on their Kickoff Creators tee shirt and red stripes behind it. 

The only gold is in the advertisements, the Adidas logo, outline of the MLS logo, the team crest (full color) and the jock tag. EDIT: And the Unite & Conquer on back. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A picture of the authentic version of the new NYCFC primary shirt leaked today:

spacer.png
It’s pretty much the same as the leaked replica, and somewhat surprisingly doesn’t have any piping on the collar or cuffs. I’ll wait to see the full kit, but I’m guessing it’ll be much the same as the new Timbers primary in that it’s a solid and classy effort in it of itself, but doesn’t quite live up to the last two. Will still likely be near the top of the league as long as there are white shorts.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, hendocfc said:

New NE away according to a random Twitter account - seems like this is a repurpose of Spain's home shirt. Meh!

Eu9MFOEUcAAWEOZ?format=jpg&name=large

Wouldn’t the graphic use the newer MLS number? I call shenanigans 

9 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

NYCFC is looking great. I’d have used a navy adidas logo to balance out the crest and sponsor. The color weighting feels off. But overall it’s a hit. The sublimated monograms are giving off massive 1990s kit vibes in the best way without being tacky.

Yeah, the adidas logo should be navy to match the sponsor and presumably the names/numbers as well. The embossed stripes and monograms still do make for a pretty great design overall, though. I prefer both of their previous primaries because of the emphasis on navy and orange, but this new version is pretty classy in it of itself. I personally would’ve loved to have seen some orange piping on the white collar and cuffs.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Every team uses the Adidas mountain logo, right? Could teams opt to use the flower logo? That would look way nicer on the NYCFC shirt.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Every team uses the Adidas mountain logo, right? Could teams opt to use the flower logo? That would look way nicer on the NYCFC shirt.

That logo is for Adidas Originals  (their "heritage line"): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adidas_Originals

The famous Trefoil logo, formerly used on all Adidas products, has since 1997 been applied only to heritage products; the Performance logo, which had from 1991 been seen on the "Equipment" range of products, replaced the Trefoil in 1997 across the rest of the Adidas line.[3][4] Adidas Originals covers sports fashion styles with references to the decades between the 1940s and the 1980s. The brand has a distinctively retro old school feel.

26 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

adidas reserves that for their lifestyle branding now. If you see on Manchester United or Bayern Munich, it's for their non gameday wear. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

That logo is for Adidas Originals  (their "heritage line"): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adidas_Originals

The famous Trefoil logo, formerly used on all Adidas products, has since 1997 been applied only to heritage products; the Performance logo, which had from 1991 been seen on the "Equipment" range of products, replaced the Trefoil in 1997 across the rest of the Adidas line.[3][4] Adidas Originals covers sports fashion styles with references to the decades between the 1940s and the 1980s. The brand has a distinctively retro old school feel.

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

adidas reserves that for their lifestyle branding now. If you see on Manchester United or Bayern Munich, it's for their non gameday wear. 

Thanks. And I kind of figured as much. Seems a little self-limiting, but I get it.

The more I look at that NYCFC shirt, the more I really like it. It's embossed and everything, but done in a way that's super tasteful -- and it helps that the shirt isn't black so the embossing actually shows up.

What do you think @Gothamite?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I like actual pattern designs, but I’ve always hated repeating embossed logos like that. A trend that’s coming back in soccer design! Too bad for me, I guess. Otherwise it does have a nice throwback vibe to Italian or English soccer in the early 90s.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived