MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

29 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Funny you should say that because I legitimately think the new Cincy primary would work better as an NYCFC secondary kit (with the royal pinstripes changed to sky blue)...

spacer.png

I don't personally love the colors, but they'd sell a lot of those.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot outright confirm the authenticity of this, as I have not seen the real thing, but I do trust my source and the info that was provided to me. We’ll have to wait to see a leak of the real thing, but if this info is indeed legit then this kit will be wild and polarizing to say the least.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

33 minutes ago, Sport said:

I so recognized that template that it always just felt like they were wearing a template. I like it a hell of of a lot more than this though. 

e57e427e-cc8c-4632-a59c-c5baa709628a-072

I'm the opposite though. I like these way better than the bomb pops. But to be fair, I didn't like any version of the bomb pops. 

45 minutes ago, KitLeakBoi said:

image.jpg

Chicago

Even if they change back to primary red kits next year, that away shirt better stay, just with a better badge. 

Toronto looks like it's using an older pattern on the front, and that's pretty disappointing. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, Digby said:

Kind of respect the audacity, even though I'm already cringeing to think of what nonsense marketing-speak they'll have to rationalize it.

Still can't wear it against Portland or Austin, though!

Yep, they’re gonna be forcing Portland and Austin to wear their white kits at home. Or we’ll have another green vs. green Timbers/Sounders matchup...

As for the rationale behind the design, my only guess is that it’s somehow inspired by the music or art scene in Seattle (I have no actual info about the inspiration behind the design, though). I can’t think of any sort of connection with the Sounders.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I cannot outright confirm the authenticity of this, as I have not seen the real thing, but I do trust my source and the info that was provided to me. We’ll have to wait to see a leak of the real thing, but if this info is indeed legit then this kit will be wild and polarizing to say the least.

People have been asking for a purple kit for years now. If true this is gonna sell!

That said I really dig this mockup!

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

Yep, they’re gonna be forcing Portland and Austin to wear their white kits at home. Or we’ll have another green vs. green Timbers/Sounders matchup...

As for the rationale behind the design, my only guess is that it’s somehow inspired by the music or art scene in Seattle (I have no actual info about the inspiration behind the design, though). I can’t think of any sort of connection with the Sounders.

Looks to me like it must be just a literal inverse of the usual green/blue, yeah? Command+I, baby.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I can't think of anything purple and orange in the city, outside of the University of Washington, though that's an entirely different sports universe to the pro teams here.

I do appreciate Seattle eschewing a white kit, once again, in favor of something absurd. At least one team is keeping the spirit of a clash kit alive. And a potentially intentionally gloriously ugly one too (in contrast to the dirty laundry kits they've been running with the past few seasons).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Thinking about it more: would the best option, from a "I want to avoid headaches when watching games" perspective, be a simple kit in the standard Sounders blue, which I think they only did in year one? I thought that was silly because their blue and green are so close tonally. But it would actually provide decent contrast against Portland and Austin, and would be no problem at all against Columbus and Nashville. Which is really all they need it for, apart from selling more merch.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

17 minutes ago, TacoCat83 said:

People have been asking for a purple kit for years now. If true this is gonna sell!

That said I really dig this mockup!

Why?? I mean no hate, I’m genuinely just curious... As an outsider, I thought their nightfall kits were pretty bad, but from what I’ve seen/heard they were fairly popular amongst Sounders fans. So I’m curious to hear about there being a longing for purple now, too.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

Thinking about it more: would the best option, from a "I want to avoid headaches when watching games" perspective, be a simple kit in the standard Sounders blue, which I think they only did in year one? I thought that was silly because their blue and green are so close tonally. But it would actually provide decent contrast against Portland and Austin, and would be no problem at all against Columbus and Nashville. Which is really all they need it for, apart from selling more merch.

I really do think that’s the best and most logical option from a clash perspective, other than going with white. Kind of amazing that first year away kit was the only time they’ve gone with a kit in that standard blue.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

34 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Purple?  Seattle?

jimi-hendrix-purple-haze-david-dehner.jp

Nah, drawing a blank.  ;)

61Q2Zw2UxXL.jpg

16 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Why?? I mean no hate, I’m genuinely just curious... As an outsider, I thought their nightfall kits were pretty bad, but from what I’ve seen/heard they were fairly popular amongst Sounders fans. So I’m curious to hear about there being a longing for purple now, too.

The nightfalls were "supposedly" pitched as having a gradient sunset effect which would of made them even better. Ended up being just a black and pink kit.

No real clue why the need for purple but everytime a new jersey has come out people have mentioned that color.

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Purple?  Seattle?

True, but everyone knows Minnesota has a monopoly on the music/sports/purple connection.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

That Toronto FC shirt seems just as uninspired as the past two home Sounders FC shirts. Yeah, it's a pattern. So what?

Agreed.

I like when TFC uses that dark grey (Onyx as they call it...or have called it in the past) as the secondary shirt colour. Do all the random and pointless designs on that.

TFC should have very plain red shirt as the primary though.

At least they didn't get the giant BMO logo without the wordmark like Montreal did.  

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I'm pretty sure I missed this somewhere in the previous pages of this thread or back in the archives of MLS news, but what's with the "nicknaming" of all these kits lately? Has this become MLS' thing du jour now??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

29 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I'm pretty sure I missed this somewhere in the previous pages of this thread or back in the archives of MLS news, but what's with the "nicknaming" of all these kits lately? Has this become MLS' thing du jour now??

My understanding is that most, if not all, clubs were told they had to title their kit this year. It may have been looser than that as some of them are kind of descriptions more than they are names.

Archived