MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

On 2/26/2021 at 8:23 PM, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Add a sixth "String" to this and it'd be ideal for Nashville. Not a fan for Atlanta, though. 

Nashville's badge still sucks, BTW. Sometimes these things grow on me over time, but their logo and Chicago's aren't getting better. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miami continues to irritate me with its color choices.    Look at all the pink in this photo - pink scarves, pink detailing on the team building, This really shows how fantastic a pink and black team looks, especially this amazing saturated pink, and yet they still don't have a pink shirt.

Own the color, gentlemen.

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Miami continues to irritate me with its color choices.    Look at all the pink in this photo - pink scarves, pink detailing on the team building, and yet they still don't have a pink shirt.

I have an idea in my head for what I would use as the ideal Miami kit and it’s glorious. Pink shirts (real pink, not that muted, nearly invisible pink), white shorts, and pink socks. 

———

On another note, something I haven’t seen mentioned about Atlanta is they are still using the gold patch for the Piedmont Healthcare sleeve sponsor. I suspected it was a rushed addition last year when they allowed sleeve sponsors for the first time but fully expected them to update the design for the new kits.

spacer.png

A gold logo against the black would be so much better and cleaner. See the LA Galaxy for an example of what I mean. No containing box for the sponsor.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Back designs can work, but there's was a case of how horribly wrong back designs can go. Those numbers weren't legible at all.

Yeah, back designs seem to work when the design uses similarly dark colors. White and light blue work for Argentina allowing for black numbers. Atlanta surely could use gold numbers on top of red and black stripes. Vancouver is a little tough because the white and navy are such a stark difference in contrast so there isn’t a happy medium for the number color.

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Miami continues to irritate me with its color choices.    Look at all the pink in this photo - pink scarves, pink detailing on the team building, This really shows how fantastic a pink and black team looks, especially this amazing saturated pink, and yet they still don't have a pink shirt.

I couldn't possibly agree more. As I said back in January of 2020...

Sigh...

This represents such a missed opportunity on Inter Miami's part. They should have really owned pink in their primary kits. Pink jerseys, black shorts, black socks for evening matches and either a pink/white/white or pink/white/pink ensemble for day games. A white or black jersey could have been the centerpiece of their change kits. This... this just strikes me as "meh".

Hey Inter Miami, do you hate making money?

Is there something in the water there? Between Inter, the Marlins, and I would argue the Dolphins, teams seem to do the opposite of what they should from a uniform/branding standpoint.

Just now, njdevs7 said:

What a joke.

Truly. Are those the backs of seats? How boring. How safe. How sad.

They just won a title! Live a little!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Is it a bad shirt in a vacuum? No, not really. The pattern is kind of interesting. Is it a bad shirt for the Crew, though? Without a doubt, and it’s made ten times worse by the fact that it’s replacing their classic yellows.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

47 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Truly. Are those the backs of seats? How boring. How safe. How sad.

They just won a title! Live a little!

I think it's supposed to be the roof, idk if that's any better tbh

1 hour ago, KitLeakBoi said:

The kits have a multi-year development cycle. Design was likely final in late 2019 or so

Fair enough. Perhaps they shouldn't assumed assumed "we'd like to be the boringest team possible" instead of "we may be defending champions." They have a new stadium! WTF

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived