MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

3 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

I couldn't possibly agree more. As I said back in January of 2020...

Sigh...

This represents such a missed opportunity on Inter Miami's part. They should have really owned pink in their primary kits.

What really kills be is that they really own pink in every other respect.  From their merchandise to their advertising to the side of their building, they are completely identified with that beautiful saturated pink.  It’s only where their kits are concerned that they blow it. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BC985 said:

Hey Inter Miami, do you hate making money?

Is there something in the water there? Between Inter, the Marlins, and I would argue the Dolphins, teams seem to do the opposite of what they should from a uniform/branding standpoint.

To be fair, I'm still not convinced that the Marlins' recent troubles aren't an inside job by Jeter to help out his former team.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The new Crew kit has yellow shorts and, apparently, the same yellow socks as their last primary kit:

I suppose it’s nice that there’s more yellow by way of the shorts and socks, but that’s still not enough to save the shirt IMO. And frankly the yellow shorts and socks look pretty awkward with the white/grey shirt. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

New Dallas secondary:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The shirt is light blue as expected, but it’s a pretty pale shade. The shirt has a speckle graphic, but from afar it just looks solid blue. The shorts and socks are both the darker blue color, with the latter having red adidas stripes instead of light blue like the shorts. Decent effort overall, and I’d say an upgrade over their now-old white secondaries. There was the potential for something great, though, and I don’t think they were quite able to reach that potential.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 hours ago, dannykraft said:

I think it's supposed to be the roof, idk if that's any better tbh

The Jaws of Husky Stadium, MLS style. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like that FCD secondary a lot! Even if it’s just trying to rip Rangers nostalgia (lots of Texas teams borrowing vintage light blue from crosstown, different sport teams lately huh?). Light blue may be overused in MLS now but this is one of the more attractive and sensible uses of it.

The Crew... no idea. Looks like they recycled old yellow shorts and socks just to stave off criticism from the banana-kit fans. If this is anything but setup for a bumblebee kit in 2022 it’s a total miss for me, just due to the team context.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

39 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The new Crew kit has yellow shorts and, apparently, the same yellow socks as their last primary kit:

I suppose it’s nice that there’s more yellow by way of the shorts and socks, but that’s still not enough to save the shirt IMO. And frankly the yellow shorts and socks look pretty awkward with the white/grey shirt. 

Wonder if they pivoted to yellow shorts/socks after they realized the mistake of getting rid of the yellow jersey? 

Leak of the new Houston home shirt:

spacer.png

For the first kit with the new crest, this isn’t bad. Definitely plain but that’s somewhat refreshing after their last home kit. I’d really like to see them go back to white shorts, but I’m fully expecting mono-orange again.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 minutes ago, KitLeakBoi said:

With Vancouver, Dallas and Columbus announcements today, who is remaining?

Colorado

Toronto (leaked)

San Jose (soon)

LAFC (leaked)

Seattle

Kansas City

Houston

Orlando

Colorado and Kansas City will have new sposors so they may be waiting to confirm those sponsorship deals before relaesing their kit-although that didn't stop Miami - Orlando is Friday

8 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Leak of the new Houston home shirt:

spacer.png

For the first kit with the new crest, this isn’t bad. Definitely plain but that’s somewhat refreshing after their last home kit. I’d really like to see them go back to white shorts, but I’m fully expecting mono-orange again.

Overall, I really don't mind the push toward simplicity across teams. A solid color shirt is the basis of traditional soccer shirt design, and while teams are adding sublimated designs and patterns, they're basically just doing red or blue or green or orange. I think it's nice. Calming, even. Like you could easily drop MLS 2021 into FIFA 95 on Super Nintendo and it would be a pretty good fit.

That said, I'd rather see light blue shorts with Houston.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 minutes ago, KitLeakBoi said:

With Vancouver, Dallas and Columbus announcements today, who is remaining?

Colorado

Toronto (leaked)

San Jose (soon)

LAFC (leaked)

Seattle

Kansas City

Houston

Orlando

This week an next is the first window for adidas to ship jerseys to team this month. The next is the final week.

That said I can confirm Seattle is now releasing theirs at the end of the month around the 25th-ish. Hard money is they will be the final team to do so.

The Vancouver kit is fantastic once again. I legitimately think I like this version better than the last, in large part due to the hoop being contained to the front of the shirt and the cuffs having stripes that mimic the hoop design. Better yet, the socks have same strips as the sleeve cuffs. Only stupid part is that they’re keeping the red numbers around, and pairing them with navy names (scroll to the last image on the above tweet). Supposed to be an homage to the early 80’s hoop jerseys, but still a dumb decision. Other than that this is a fantastic effort, and will be the best kit in Cascadia this year, and certainly one of the best kits in the league.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Caps and Dynamo kits should be the foundations they build around for years. They're perfect for those clubs. 

Every Vancouver kit should start with the hoops. And the simple orange/black Houston kit is gorgeous and pairs perfectly with the new crest. Like the Caps, it should be where every subsequent new kit starts for them. 

Archived