MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Leak of the new Houston home shirt:

spacer.png

For the first kit with the new crest, this isn’t bad. Definitely plain but that’s somewhat refreshing after their last home kit. I’d really like to see them go back to white shorts, but I’m fully expecting mono-orange again.

Oh thank God it isn't black, I was scared after the logo reveal. That shirt would work really well with black or white shorts, but probably won't look great in mono orange. 

ExJworW.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Oh thank God it isn't black, I was scared after the logo reveal. That shirt would work really well with black or white shorts, but probably won't look great in mono orange. 

They’re carrying over the black kit from last year (with the new crest, of course), but that’ll still be the secondary with this new orange kit being the primary.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, EricSpratt said:

spacer.png

New Earthquakes primary kit leaked on the Adidas app. Not a bad look. A little plain, but at least someone is wearing royal blue in the league.

It's plain, but it has enough going for it to also have character. The black collar isn't much, but it somehow adds to the overall look. I wonder what it would look like with black sleeve cuffs instead of white. 

One detraction: I'd do without the white side panel. 

v-necks are in for 2021! :)

I like my hometown Dynamo jersey.  solid color. see if the jersey gets a textured fabric. be interested if they had added sky-blue piping trim. 

still not too crazy about black accents. too Halloween.  :P 

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Leak of the new Houston home shirt:

spacer.png

For the first kit with the new crest, this isn’t bad. Definitely plain but that’s somewhat refreshing after their last home kit. I’d really like to see them go back to white shorts, but I’m fully expecting mono-orange again.

Not only is that MD Anderson logo completely phoned in, it (and United healthcare) are part of a huge systematic problem where healthcare companies are blowing WAY too much money on advertising. Don’t think for a second that you don’t pay for that when you visit the doctor’s office. 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Before I had a staff job and I was buying healthcare on the state exchange, I could buy a Revs jersey with a UHC logo on it but I couldn't buy a UHC plan as a fellow resident of the state. I think they've joined since, but for most of their sponsorship they were advertising a product that most of the fans weren't allowed to buy!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The new NYCFC primary shirt will thankfully and rightfully be paired with white shorts and white-topped city blue socks:

This is a very solid effort and essentially just an upgraded version of their inaugural set. I still find the choice to go with white names/numbers questionable, and in general I still do prefer navy accents for them. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, EricSpratt said:

spacer.png

New Earthquakes primary kit leaked on the Adidas app. Not a bad look. A little plain, but at least someone is wearing royal blue in the league.

I actually love this. The side panels give it a very early 00’s look, an aesthetic that’s practically disappeared from soccer but it’s an era that the revived Earthquakes should be celebrating. That blue is so beautiful it’s a shame they so often use black (and if they continue using this scheme brings them uncomfortably close to CLTFC)

07Giants.pngnyy.png

San Jose looks to be inspired from this design. Interested to see the shorts and socks.

spacer.png

I really like NYCFC, especially paired with white shorts and light blue socks. Such a great color combo and one I find I prefer over the light blue and navy. I mentioned earlier when the shirt leaked that the color balance felt off with a white adidas logo and a navy sponsor and navy heavy crest. Now, after seeing the full kit with white numbers, I think it emphasizes that the sponsor should change to white seeing as it’s the only navy item on the shirt.

6 hours ago, EricSpratt said:

spacer.png

Returning to a blue jersey is a positive but I'm unfortunately not a fan of the side panels. I think they would've been better off doing the exact jersey below:

football_shirt_3443_1_500x375x1.jpg

2 hours ago, Digby said:

I really like that San Jose. I’m so glad SOMEONE in this league still wants to do a middle, and beautiful, shade of blue. (Side panel is fine, nice tribute I guess and endearingly retro these days.)

It's a wonderful tribute to the era in San Jose pro soccer history that saw the revival of the Earthquakes' identity and the MLS edition of the club capture its first MLS Cup title. This jersey pays homage to the 2000-2002 uniform without feeling the need to slavishly replicate every stitch and embellishment. It's the very definition of "less is more"... without so heavily leaning into the "less" that you find yourself wondering whether the team has simply repurposed a training top. Kudos to the 'Quakes!    

I've had this running theory about the Revs, with this being the 3rd out of the last 4 kits of theirs dating back to 2018 that incorporated light blue (last year's didn't, but you could imagine them switching out the shorts last minute or something), half wondering whether they started the last home kit/away kit pair when they legitimately thought they'd have a new Boston stadium to move into (with accompanying rebrand) but it fell apart secretly at a late minute. Boston's city flag isn't something that many people identify with the way they do in Chicago or Portland or even New York, but it is a mostly light blue flag! 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

16 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

I actually love this. The side panels give it a very early 00’s look, an aesthetic that’s practically disappeared from soccer but it’s an era that the revived Earthquakes should be celebrating. That blue is so beautiful it’s a shame they so often use black (and if they continue using this scheme brings them uncomfortably close to CLTFC)

When I first saw these, I thought the side panels detracted from the look. But I didn't realize until I zoomed in on the picture that the white panels have a black border. And seeing that it's meant as an homage to the early '00s look, I've changed my tune. If it were just a plain white side panel, I wouldn't like it as much. But that little added dimension really helps it. 

I’ll have to wait to see the full kit to give a full assessment, but right now I have mixed feelings on that San Jose shirt. Obviously I’m thrilled that they’re back in blue, and that alone makes it an upgrade over their last two primaries IMO. I appreciate the attempt to pay tribute to the 2001 cup-winning team, but the side panel design just kind of seems like an afterthought and a half-assed attempt at paying homage to the 2001 kit. Plus, it likely won’t be all that noticeable in action. I also just generally dislike side panel designs on Adidas kits because of the awkward way that the side panel designs run into the adidas stripes on the shorts. I felt the same way about the side panel designs on Columbus’ 2017/18 primaries and Seattle’s black and pink shirt. I also really dislike the mismatched collar and cuffs, and wish they picked either white or black for both (I would’ve gone with black). As long as the shorts are black, I’m confident that this will still be their best primary since the kit that was worn from 2014-2016. Still, though, I can’t help but feel like the shirt could’ve been executed a lot better than it was.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Not only is that MD Anderson logo completely phoned in, it (and United healthcare) are part of a huge systematic problem where healthcare companies are blowing WAY too much money on advertising. Don’t think for a second that you don’t pay for that when you visit the doctor’s office. 

being from Houston, MD Anderson is the largest cancer research center.  Its smart branding to get their name out there.  Now if only the Dynamo could win and get more national recognition.

Archived