MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

Just now, Digby said:

Does Philly have two blue outfield kits and a blue GK kit? 

Yep! The blue keeper kit will only be able to be worn with the navy home kit, though. It’s a lighter blue than that image of Blake makes it seem like, so it’ll be enough of a contrast from the navy home kit:

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

That faux collar on the orange shirt is adorable. Is the pattern unique to MLS or more template stuff?

It’s Adidas’ Condivo 21 Goalkeeper template, so definitely not unique to MLS. Just like in years past, it’s the same template that’ll be used across Europe next season. In addition to the blue, black, and orange colorways posted above, there are green, yellow, and pink colorways as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yep! The blue keeper kit will only be able to be worn with the navy home kit, though. It’s a lighter blue than that image of Blake makes it seem like, so it’ll be enough of a contrast from the navy home kit:

spacer.png

It’s Adidas’ Condivo 21 Goalkeeper template, so definitely not unique to MLS. Just like in years past, it’s the same template that’ll be used across Europe next season. In addition to the blue, black, and orange colorways posted above, there are green, yellow, and pink colorways as well.

Miami should have used the pink goalie shirt for their away kit, only because it's better than what they went with.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Another teaser for the new SKC primary, which is being revealed later today:

spacer.png

So it definitely has a crew neck collar, but still no insight on the design of the shirt. A lot of people on Twitter and on their subreddit are suspecting that it could be a new version of their hoop kit or the state line kit, but I’m not so sure. Their reveal is planned for 5pm CT, so we’ll find out then (unless it leaks before).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

59 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Another teaser for the new SKC primary, which is being revealed later today:

spacer.png

So it definitely has a crew neck collar, but still no insight on the design of the shirt. A lot of people on Twitter and on their subreddit are suspecting that it could be a new version of their hoop kit or the state line kit, but I’m not so sure. Their reveal is planned for 5pm CT, so we’ll find out then (unless it leaks before).

Someone with inside info said it's a new version of a previous design, which people suspect means hoops or state line. Given the creator performance shirt and hat, though, I'm convinced they're bringing back argyle.

Something feels off about those hoops. I'm not sure if they're too thin, too far apart, not enough of them... I don't know what, but it looks strange. Either way I'm happy there's another unique look in the league.

ExJworW.png

I love hoops in general and I like this kit. I do wish that the light blue and navy were the same width. I know that last time SKC did hoops there was some issue with having a kit that was half light and half dark, so maybe this is an attempt to keep the jersey leaning light blue.

I'd be thrilled if these carried over to the back in any way, though, I know that's unlikely.

I'm still excited for the reveal and super glad to see SKC back in hoops.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

18 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Something feels off about those hoops. I'm not sure if they're too thin, too far apart, not enough of them... I don't know what, but it looks strange. Either way I'm happy there's another unique look in the league.

I think they’re definitely too far apart, but the biggest issue is that there’s only four of them and they’re placed awkwardly in the middle of the shirt. Rather than looking like a true hooped shirt, it just looks like a plain light blue shirt that they half-assedly threw a few hoops on. I would still probably say it’s an upgrade over their last glitch/tire track home shirt, but it’s a pretty poor effort compared to their beautiful hooped shirt from 2014/15:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

If the dark blue stripes would of been any bigger it wouldn't of been considered a light kit. 
Sounders went through that with the zebra stripe. Origionally it was supposed to be a mix of Rave green and the Capital blue stripes but was told all that blue  would of made it a "dark kit"

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Fat guys with big bellies are gonna look huge in that new SKC kit, aren't they?

SKC has done bigger people no favors with some of their jerseys.

The stateline kit wasn't flattering for many.

The windowpane kit started to look like the putting green on a PGA video game as it contorted around our midwestern figures.

Luckily, those looks usually work really well on the field.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

spacer.png

I’m left feeling pretty disappointed in this effort. It’s not bad, and I do still think it’s an upgrade over their last primary that had the weird glitch/tire tread pattern and grey-blue shorts, but it’s nowhere near as good as their hooped shirt from 2014/15 or even the “Hoop 2.0” away shirt that followed it. No photos yet, but their press release mentions that it’ll be paired with light blue shorts and socks, which is to be expected but still disappointing. I do applaud them for featuring the Victory Project and Children’s Mercy logos on the shirt and for donating a portion of the proceeds from jersey sales this year to the Victory Project. The MLS actually has a rule that you can’t have a sleeve sponsor without having a main sponsor, so this is kind of a workaround on that rule so they can keep the Compass Minerals sleeve ad deal while they presumably search for a new main shirt sponsor for next year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

I’m left feeling pretty disappointed in this effort. It’s not bad, and I do still think it’s an upgrade over their last primary that had the weird glitch/tire tread pattern and grey-blue shorts, but it’s nowhere near as good as their hooped shirt from 2014/15 or even the “Hoop 2.0” away shirt that followed it. No photos yet, but their press release mentions that it’ll be paired with light blue shorts and socks, which is to be expected but still disappointing. I do applaud them for featuring the Victory Project and Children’s Mercy logos on the shirt and for donating a portion of the proceeds from jersey sales this year to the Victory Project. The MLS actually has a rule that you can’t have a sleeve sponsor without having a main sponsor, so this is kind of a workaround on that rule so they can keep the Compass Minerals sleeve ad deal while they presumably search for a new main shirt sponsor for next year.

That can't be true because Miami has Baptist Health on the sleeve despite not having anything on the front.

ExJworW.png

4 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

That can't be true because Miami has Baptist Health on the sleeve despite not having anything on the front.

They had that last year, but I’ll be surprised if they have it again this year without having a main sponsor. Last year was a unique case because of Covid, and the league allowed teams to feature the logos of existing local partners on the sleeves as a sort-of “make good” agreement (similar to the NHL helmet ads this year). My understanding is that teams will only be permitted to have a sponsor on the right sleeve this year if they have a main jersey sponsor, and they can only sell the ad space on the left sleeve if they have both a main jersey sponsor and right sleeve sponsor.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived