MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. No black?  No tin foil?  That alone makes it a great start!

2. I keep expecting them to go with the checkerboard one of these years:Rain didn't stop the Cauldron last Saturday!

3. I keep expecting them to go with some variation of the Wizards' rainbow one of these years:

NWT Sporting KC Wizards 2017 Retro Jersey Adidas 2XL Soccer Kansas City  Black | eBay

PHOTOS: Sporting KC pays homage to Wiz-era with 20th anniversary kits |  theScore.com

تحسين يطالب مرن kansas city wizards rainbow jersey - psidiagnosticins.com

4. I'd like to see the stateline worked into everything they do

I'm not a huge fan of the team or anything, but seems pretty good to me!

56 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

1. No black?  No tin foil?  That alone makes it a great start!

2. I keep expecting them to go with the checkerboard one of these years:Rain didn't stop the Cauldron last Saturday!

I would definitely like to see the checkerboard design. Not like how NYRB has, but more like Barca/Croatia with giant ones.

Few more shots of the new SKC kit, including a look at the shorts:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That background is 10x more interesting and inspired than the kit itself. I feel like they played it safe going with the hoop design, and exacerbated that by not executing it as well as they could and should have. I would’ve liked to have seen that retro-inspired wavy line design, that all-over argyle print, or the offset hoops that make up the state line pattern.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

At least they did actual hoops rather than some kind of weird submliminated version. Navy shorts would look better too.

But you go to war with the supplier you have, I guess.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

Am I the only one who thinks that two weeks out feels a bit early to say they're dropping then?

We got the leak that the kit was going to be green several weeks ago. That made its way to supporters who are quite excited because the Rapids started out wearing green. Rapids fans have been relentlessly pestering the team on social media so they released the unveiling date to shut us up. 

It seems that the jersey ads are still being worked out, which explains why the release is so late.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

8 hours ago, Gothamite said:

"Two Cities, one club" might have been the smarter line.

The good thing is that is it buried on the inside part of the collar and the general public will never notice past this unveiling.

11 hours ago, JTernup said:

We got the leak that the kit was going to be green several weeks ago. That made its way to supporters who are quite excited because the Rapids started out wearing green. Rapids fans have been relentlessly pestering the team on social media so they released the unveiling date to shut us up. 

It seems that the jersey ads are still being worked out, which explains why the release is so late.

So for teams that wanted more time for whatever reason. Adidas gave teams the opportunity at the beginning of last month to push the delivery date later to help with that. (IE why Seattle's is so late as well) Any teams not unveiling this week will most likely be the week of the 25th

22 hours ago, zigbazah said:

2 states, 1 city doesn't make much sense, as there are 2 kansas cities. i get the moral, but coming as someone from missouri, it just doesn't sound right. 

Is this a new slogan? I was wondering whether this is an attempt to lay claim to Missouri as the buzz builds in St. Louis for the expansion team there. A little territorial posturing perhaps. (I'm also likely reading way too much into it. :) ) 

I'm fine with 2 states, 1 city.

They don't mean one municipality. They're talking about the whole metro being united in support of our sports teams.

In the KC metro there are 2.1 million people. Only 550,000 live in KCMO or KCK proper. Being from "Kansas City" is a unifying thing in a place where most people don't have a Kansas City address.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

20 hours ago, AdAstraKC said:

I'm fine with 2 states, 1 city.

They don't mean one municipality. They're talking about the whole metro being united in support of our sports teams.

In the KC metro there are 2.1 million people. Only 550,000 live in KCMO or KCK proper. Being from "Kansas City" is a unifying thing in a place where most people don't have a Kansas City address.

Nailed it. Kansas City is a unifying thing for everyone who lives here and rallies behind our sports teams. 

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Honestly, with the exception of the Galaxy, there's been no kit this year so far that I've actively strongly disliked, and even with the Galaxy it's really just severe ambivalence more than anything else.

Jury's out on Seattle, if that leak is even close to true than dear god boys I'm sorry you're going to be dealing with that for two years. *Raspberry*. Your home kit is flames at least, there's solace in that.

Otherwise, the rest of the leaks have been pretty encouraging, from Toronto especially. LAFC I no longer hate the leak but I still don't like it, again ambivalence. Colorado's if they can do it justice that'll be amazing but we'll see.

All of that considered I'd say it's one of the better years for kits in this league since I've started closely paying attention. The fact that, thus far, there only appears to really be one Raspberry kit (and that was not even a "leak" it was a mockup), I'd say that's a pretty good year, mercifully.

spacer.png

Archived