MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

NYCFC has sold their keeper kits at Yankee Stadium.  But very limited quantities. 

I can say the same here for the Red Bulls, and usually just the one main GK shirt (we've had black, blue, red/orange in the last few seasons). 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already not a fan of white adidas stripes, but I'm hoping that at the very least blue is more than trim. I don't have incredibly high hopes, but as long as it's not just plain black with blue trim I'll be interested. I'd like to get a year 1 kit but I'd much rather have a blue one than a black one.

the user formerly known as cdclt

I was so certain that the dual sleeve sponsors was strictly for 2020 to recoup some additional revenue. I especially thought they’d be returning to the MLS patch on one sleeve after they announced the special league patch for the reigning MLS Cup winner.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:
I was so certain that the dual sleeve sponsors was strictly for 2020 to recoup some additional revenue. I especially thought they’d be returning to the MLS patch on one sleeve after they announced the special league patch for the reigning MLS Cup winner.

It was revealed back in January that the left sleeve would be made available this year as a sort of make-good sponsorship opportunity for teams and their current partners. 

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB-Blogs/Breaking-News/2021/01/MLS-jersey-sponsors.aspx

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

MLS clubs were selling sleeve ads back in 2018, though.   Why would we think the program would ever be scaled back once expanded?

Like ads in American sports, the ratchet only turns one way. 

FTFY

I guess there's no turning back now...

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

19 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Sporting KC II ( USL side) with a jersey choice that is better than their parent club.

Is that because the parent team has more full control over what Adidas is allowed to do for the USL team rather than the decision being 25% team and 75% marketing arm of MLS. 

20 hours ago, guest23 said:

expect a new ad location to be approved each year. mls will be on par with ligamx ad placements before the end of the decade.

Everyone: Don’t. Buy. Replicas. With. More. Ads. 

Make them hurt until they realize they can make more money from jersey sales without ads. Also consider boycotting the companies that do buy ads. Fairly easy to do with sketchy companies like Herbalife (lmao). It’s hard for me to do with my beloved Alaska Airlines but I’ll just continue to wear my Sounders gear when I fly their planes instead.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

17 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Everyone: Don’t. Buy. Replicas. With. More. Ads. 

Make them hurt until they realize they can make more money from jersey sales without ads. Also consider boycotting the companies that do buy ads. Fairly easy to do with sketchy companies like Herbalife (lmao). It’s hard for me to do with my beloved Alaska Airlines but I’ll just continue to wear my Sounders gear when I fly their planes instead.

The Philadelphia Union has made that easy with having Bimbo on their jerseys all these years,

Can you imagine how many more jerseys they would have sold if they didn't say Bimbo the past 10 years or so?

1 minute ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The Philadelphia Union has made that easy with having Bimbo on their jerseys all these years,

Can you imagine how many more jerseys they would have sold if they didn't say Bimbo the past 10 years or so?

I think poor play had more to do with it, rather than a Mexican bread company being on the front of the shirts. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I think a little A & B.

I like that their away kits at least say Artesano instead.

I'm sure some folks bought that jersey because they had a good laugh at the American pronunciation of the word too. Philadelphia Union using two different sponsors is a bit of an anomaly in soccer as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/18/2021 at 8:25 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I'm sure some folks bought that jersey because they had a good laugh at the American pronunciation of the word too. Philadelphia Union using two different sponsors is a bit of an anomaly in soccer as well. 

Isn't Artesano just a second brand of Bimbo? 

43 minutes ago, Corvus said:

Isn't Artesano just a second brand of Bimbo? 

Yes. BIMBO Bakeries USA acquired the fresh bakery division of Sara Lee Corporation - including Artesano Bakery Bread - about a decade ago.

BIMBO Bakeries USA holds the rights to so many baked goods brands that, if the Philadelphia Union ever qualified for a third kit under Major League Soccer's deal with Adidas, such a uniform could bear yet another sponsor's name. Arnold... Boboli... Entenmann's... Oroweat... Stroehmann... Thomas'. It's a pretty long list of brands.    

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Bizarre new shirt sponsor for LAFC:

FLEX does seem like a pretty niche company/product line to be securing an American pro soccer jersey sponsorship. Apparently, here in the United States, they're largely a source of grinders, polishers, and sanders to a customer base that's predominantly comprised of businesses that employ such hardware. Further, while still headquartered in Germany, they've been owned by a Chinese holding company - Chervon - for nearly a decade. Chervon does have an American presence, with their North American headquarters located in Naperville, Illinois. 

Archived