MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Bizarre new shirt sponsor for LAFC:

No argument here. FLEX seems like a pretty niche company/product line to be securing an American pro soccer jersey sponsorship. Apparently, here in the United States, they're largely a source of grinders, polishers, and sanders to a customer base that's predominantly comprised of businesses that employ such hardware. Further, while still headquartered in Germany, they've been owned by a Chinese holding company - Chervon - for nearly a decade. Chervon does have an American presence, with their North American headquarters located in Naperville, Illinois. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Bizarre new shirt sponsor for LAFC:

Yeah, just came to post this, but ew. At least the sponsor is in gold, like last years YoutubeTV but that’s a weird one. 

Gonna feel like a gym dude bro if I buy a new kit. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Toronto just finally unveiled their new primary after it was leaked weeks ago by Jozy:

spacer.png

Decent effort overall. The pattern isn’t the most original, but I like the increased use of dark grey. Not feeling the dark grey socks, though. Also, that Condivo collar is especially bad when it’s a contrasting color.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Decent effort overall. The pattern isn’t the most original, but I like the increased use of dark grey. Not feeling the dark grey socks, though. Also, that Condivo collar is especially bad when it’s a contrasting color.

I think in this case, having a different color on the collar is necessary. With the body of the jersey being red with an intricate pattern, I think it would look weird if it transitioned into a solid red collar. It would draw more attention to the abrupt end of the pattern than it does with a contrasting collar.

3 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I think in this case, having a different color on the collar is necessary. With the body of the jersey being red with an intricate pattern, I think it would look weird if it transitioned into a solid red collar. It would draw more attention to the abrupt end of the pattern than it does with a contrasting collar.

Oh I agree, it was the right choice to go with a dark grey collar. I just don’t like the choice to go with that specific collar style. I would’ve gone with a regular v-neck collar and made it dark grey with red piping to match the cuffs.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

For those curious, that Charlotte FC event was the launch of the adidas training gear:

The emphasis on black is disappointing but one can hope that the actual launch kit next year is better.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Toronto FC Introduce 2021-22 Home ‘A41’ Kit

March 21, 2021 - 17:01 PM

Major League Soccer outfit Toronto FC officially unveiled their new home kit for the 2021-22 season on Saturday on social media — confirming a design that had been inadvertently leaked by one of their players about a month ago.. The club is calling this the “A41” kit, an abbreviation of

Read More...

The Rapids are set to unveil their new secondary kit on Tuesday; here’s a mockup of what it could look like with the rumored color scheme:

spacer.png

I suspect there’ll be a bit more to it than this, but I think this gives a pretty good idea of what to expect with the colors.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, QCS said:

For those curious, that Charlotte FC event was the launch of the adidas training gear:

The emphasis on black is disappointing but one can hope that the actual launch kit next year is better.

A very generic start for the CLT commanders. Don’t get me wrong, it looks fine, but so do regular old Adidas tracksuits.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

22 hours ago, QCS said:

Do all of the training kits in MLS use that collar? I know trying to remind everyone you're there is important, but you're announcing training gear? Seeing as the youth squads are using black and white, I'm expecting the senior team will be doing the same.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Do all of the training kits in MLS use that collar? I know trying to remind everyone you're there is important, but you're announcing training gear? Seeing as the youth squads are using black and white, I'm expecting the senior team will be doing the same.

Assuming you’re talking about the shirt with the henley collar in the second picture, that’s actually the travel/coaches polo for this year. The training shirts for this year all have this collar:

spacer.png

As for these pieces of training gear solely using black and white, as well as the kits for the youth teams, I wouldn’t read too much into that at all. These pieces are straight out of the catalog, and the youth team kits are just basic teamwear. Adidas doesn’t really offer any teamwear with a shade of blue like CLT’s, so not a surprise to see them in black and white for now. It’s very possible, if not likely, that CLT will have a black primary kit when they start play next year (though I hope not), but I think you can expect to see a good deal of blue when they have the fully custom kits and gear like anthem jackets and travel hoodies.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 3/21/2021 at 10:42 PM, TacoCat83 said:

It’s gonna be pretty funny if they hype up the UW fans with this teaser, only to let them down with orange Adidas stripes

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 3/21/2021 at 4:07 PM, upperV03 said:

The Rapids are set to unveil their new secondary kit on Tuesday; here’s a mockup of what it could look like with the rumored color scheme:

spacer.png

I suspect there’ll be a bit more to it than this, but I think this gives a pretty good idea of what to expect with the colors.

Colorado is using the Portland collar/buttons. Much much more WHITE than it is green/mint on the light color section.
Sleeve trim has no extra white color. Just one-color in the darker green. MLS logo is mostly white/mint, so inverse of what's here.

the white/mint has a pattern inside it like Minnesota's does. the shape is similar to RSL's current home:
RSL-2020-Kit-Reveal.jpg
or something like this mockup:
jZ1B8Ph.png
Again, no color, just the baked in pattern/texture. It looks very topographical.

13 minutes ago, logo-maker said:

The Rapids are moving up their kit unveiling event due the the mass shooting, up in Boulder, CO:

https://twitter.com/ColoradoRapids/status/1374360320291000325?s=20

My message was not in response to this. I was typing it up before I saw this was tweeted. I'm just posting when I have things and the timing just coincides. 

Atlanta makes the AT&T sleeve patch official. This means they will continue with two sleeve patches (the other being Piedmont Healthcare) and have no MLS patch. The only positive I can say is that at least all sponsors continue to be gold and match the rest of the kit.

Archived