MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

St. Louis City is announcing who their primary shirt sponsor will be this morning at 10:00 AM Central. You can watch it on their YouTube channel. Just search St. Louis City SC.

Considering the ownership group, Enterprise Rent-A-Car is the smart money pick but we’ll see. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BC985 said:

St. Louis City is announcing who their primary shirt sponsor will be this morning at 10:00 AM Central. You can watch it on their YouTube channel. Just search St. Louis City SC.

Considering the ownership group, Enterprise Rent-A-Car is the smart money pick but we’ll see. 

It’s Purina. 

it was never going to be Enterprise. The company already invested in the league when it bought the franchise. The league wants owners to pursue additional investors with sponsorship deals.

I think Purina is a great fit. Based in St. Louis, recognizable national brand, should look good on the shirt, and can be marketed as family friendly. Many MLS clubs have done worse. 

8 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

The red Purina sponsor logo makes it a strong certainty that St. Louis’ primary kit will be navy with pink as accent colors.

And yet the scarves had the white checkerboard logo over the pink color. Probably too early to tell. 

spacer.png

I'm 35 years old. My entire life I thought Purina was exclusively a cat food company. Had dogs twice in my life and somehow never saw Purina dog food at the stores 🤷🏾‍♂️

Hotter Than July > Thriller

13 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I'm 35 years old. My entire life I thought Purina was exclusively a cat food company. Had dogs twice in my life and somehow never saw Purina dog food at the stores 🤷🏾‍♂️

They own some pretty well-known brands, including a few where “Purina” isn’t front and center: Alpo, Purina ProPlan, Purina One, Beneful.

First look at the Red Bulls shorts and socks. Not happy that they are going Red socks for the white/red/red look. I think the classic white/red/white looks better and more balanced. 

I wonder if they will have an alternate pair of White shorts/socks though. They introduced their grey kit in 2019 with red socks/shorts and then ended up wearing all grey sometimes. 

https://ussoccerplayers.com/images/2020/11/new-york-red-bulls-squad-september-2020.jpgspacer.png

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

They own some pretty well-known brands, including a few where “Purina” isn’t front and center: Alpo, Purina ProPlan, Purina One, Beneful.

Okay. Alpo is the brand of dog food I remember my family buying for our dogs.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

If they had made the light blue socks and, er, right-side trim (?) just your standard navy, they would have been ripped to shreds for being boring. Having now seen what passes for Revolution innovation, I would have preferred boring, though.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Digby said:

If they had made the light blue socks and, er, right-side trim (?) just your standard navy, they would have been ripped to shreds for being boring. Having now seen what passes for Revolution innovation, I would have preferred boring, though.

Change the light blue to red and this would be a lot better if they wanted to do the split color thing. 

That Revs kit really does suck, and is actually made worse by the contrasting shorts. Luckily those navy shorts they wore against the Galaxy are old navy shorts from either their 2018/19 primary or 2019/20 secondary. It wouldn’t surprise me if there are new navy clash shorts dedicated to this kit, but only white shorts were shown and mentioned in the release.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Somewhat amazingly, I think this is the first time we’ve seen the shorts and socks that go with the inaugural Austin FC home kit:

spacer.png

I believe there was either a press release or article that said they’d be black, but no pics until now. Not surprising that the adidas stripes are white on both to match the shirt, but I still wish there was more green on the kit below the waist. I would’ve either made the socks green with black at the top or kept them black and had green at the top. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 4/1/2021 at 5:19 PM, Digby said:

...why?

spacer.png

Dang, Spurs look awful

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 4/3/2021 at 12:33 PM, upperV03 said:

Somewhat amazingly, I think this is the first time we’ve seen the shorts and socks that go with the inaugural Austin FC home kit:

spacer.png

I believe there was either a press release or article that said they’d be black, but no pics until now. Not surprising that the adidas stripes are white on both to match the shirt, but I still wish there was more green on the kit below the waist. I would’ve either made the socks green with black at the top or kept them black and had green at the top. 

Here are a few extra shots of Austin.

Here is some game video which really shows that they selected the wrong colors to emphasize. When viewed from the rear, you can’t hardly see any green at all. Austin looks like a black and white club. They really need either a green back of the jersey (or stripes under the number) and green socks.

A comparison can be made with Atlanta since the design is similar. Despite not using stripes on the back of the shirt, the red back provides contrast from the shorts and gives balance.

spacer.png

In another case, the stripes on the rear hem and red socks seen below give the kit a nice overall color balance when viewed from any angle.

spacer.png

In Austin’s case, it’s great from the front and a snoozer from the rear.

Archived