MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

MLS social switching to the new "Crew" branding offends me and I hope they lose the rest of their games forever.

eWK3bF2_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

MLS social switching to the new "Crew" branding offends me and I hope they lose the rest of their games forever.

It looks like a Columbus Crew version of a team inside one of those video games, that do not have any licences.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

5 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I can't be the only one who read the scoreline as  2 foot, 0 inches?

I saw, I came, I left.

14 hours ago, burgundy said:

What a slimy, soulless piece of sh!t. Who the hell treats their fans like that? The guy just told him he would cancel his season tickets if they change the name or colors, and this jackass basically replies with "F🤬 off, we don't need you."

It reminds me of the Barclays Center owner when he was asked about potentially improving the sightlines for Islanders games. He basically said that if fans can't see the ice from their seats they could just watch the game on the big screen or on their phone.

13 hours ago, rams80 said:

And now your brand is genocide.  Good. Call.

spacer.png

the fake barra bravo plastic fanbases that they manufactured for each team to force Europe/Latin America even harder on the MLS brand.

[citation needed]

I hear this a lot, but from my experience it’s utter and complete nonsense.

Supporters’ Groups are determined not by the club and league, but by... the supporters.  

Don’t like chants and songs?  The supporters do.  

Don’t like parades?  The supporters do.  

Don’t like tifos?  The supporters do. 

Honestly, the league and clubs would probably rather not have SGs, which from their perspective are more pain in the ass than anything.  They would rather the fans be one-way consumers of the product than self-appointed partners in a greater movement. 

17 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

It reminds me of the Barclays Center owner when he was asked about potentially improving the sightlines for Islanders games. He basically said that if fans can't see the ice from their seats they could just watch the game on the big screen or on their phone.

In fairness, though, that wasn’t his choice.  He originally wanted a venue large enough to accommodate basketball and hockey but was forced by the city to scale back, making it far less suitable for hosting ice.

He wasn’t justifying his actions, but trying to put the best possible spin on a situation he didn’t like. 

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

[citation needed]

I hear this a lot, but from my experience it’s utter and complete nonsense.

Supporters’ Groups are determined not by the club and league, but by... the supporters.  

Don’t like chants and songs?  The supporters do.  

Don’t like parades?  The supporters do.  

Don’t like tifos?  The supporters do. 

Honestly, the league and clubs would probably rather not have SGs, which from their perspective are more pain in the ass than anything.  They would rather the fans be one-way consumers of the product than self-appointed partners in a greater movement. 

I can only speak for RSL, but our Hispanic supporters group was very much initiated by the FO in hopes of creating a more Mexican/Central American game experience...which would help sell tickets to that demo.

"The hispanic supporters group was formed at the urging of Real Salt Lake’s front office. JC Perea, Hispanic Sales & Marketing Manager, helped lead this initiative beginning in the offseason along with colleague Juan Maldonado."

"We just know that there is a particular way that our market (Hispanic) likes to enjoy their games and celebrate the sport." - JC Perea

"With the Barra, now when people come out to those 1 or 2 matches a year when Chicago and Chivas USA come, they can see that there is someone just like them that has taken that RSL shield to heart."

While not as cynical as the post you replied to, it definitely points to clubs wanting supporters groups (and being willing to manufacture them) as part of wider sales strategies.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

At my club (Atlanta), all of the supporter’s groups were grassroots, many of them forming years leading up to the team’s inaugural season. I think the clubs and supporters may occasionally butt heads but it’s a very good relationship with the club providing resources and budgets to the groups to create tifos, storage space, designated time to practice tifo operation, regular meetings between the club and the groups, among other things. The club also benefits heavily from being able to market the “hype” and atmosphere. But the creation and leadership of the groups is all self led by the groups.

IMO, the simple cannon approach shown here by Arsenal is something New England should copy. Goes with the Revolution nickname, has historical grounds in the Siege of Boston, and a simple approach would be unique among MLS clubs. A cannon or crossed cannon barrels would look good. 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, BC985 said:

IMO, the simple cannon approach shown here by Arsenal is something New England should copy. Goes with the Revolution nickname, has historical grounds in the Siege of Boston, and a simple approach would be unique among MLS clubs. A cannon or crossed cannon barrels would look good. 

spacer.png

“We don’t have an identity so let’s go copy someone else’s” is already a complaint launched against the MLS and you just want to stoke those fires, eh?

27 minutes ago, BC985 said:

spacer.png

Charleston Battery already have a badge like that.

Charleston Battery - Wikipedia

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

49 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

At my club (Atlanta), all of the supporter’s groups were grassroots, many of them forming years leading up to the team’s inaugural season. I think the clubs and supporters may occasionally butt heads but it’s a very good relationship with the club providing resources and budgets to the groups to create tifos, storage space, designated time to practice tifo operation, regular meetings between the club and the groups, among other things. The club also benefits heavily from being able to market the “hype” and atmosphere. But the creation and leadership of the groups is all self led by the groups.

That's the beauty of it: When done right, they should butt heads. In a professional sports world in which fans are mostly treated like consumers, soccer stands out as one of the few in which supporters have a seat at the table and can hold teams accountable. The Super League and Crew examples are testament to that. Both are examples in which the clubs sought to override or ignore the sentiment of supporters, and in both cases it appears to be backfiring. 

The team owners that do it right recognize that supporters care enough about the franchise to want it to succeed. They're the most important focus group. 

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

Might be MLS doing a series of special training kits again for various causes like they did a few years ago. All the teams get the same one but their own branding. Just my guess.

I'm guessing a Humanrace branding or Parley for the Oceans again. I don't think they had anyone do the latter for the last 2 years though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, GFB said:

“We don’t have an identity so let’s go copy someone else’s” is already a complaint launched against the MLS and you just want to stoke those fires, eh?

I’m not saying directly lift the Arsenal cannon, I just think there’s some inspiration to be found there. 

Archived