MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

6 hours ago, YELDARBfield said:

SKC's own second team, Swope Park Rangers, were able to do just that:

SPR.png

Of course, they lazily rebranded to SKCII before the 2020 season...

Still the bad bank font for the wordmark but that works so much better as a logo, lettering for a monogram and not Harry Potter fan art.

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

Supposedly "Sporting Club", from what I read about this badge a couple years back, but still though...woof.

Yeah it's about time for a do-over there, Kansas City...

Did I miss where “Sporting Club” is in their name all these years? 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Parley jerseys must either be prematch jerseys this year or to be worn another weekend, because RSL has posted the kit matchup for this weekend’s game at Dallas and it’s a normal matchup:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 hours ago, Digby said:

Did I miss where “Sporting Club” is in their name all these years? 

No, you did not. Because, of course, it isn't.

Frankly, I've always found it absurd that Sporting Kansas City's badge would lead one to believe that the team's name is Kansas City Sporting SC.  

17 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Parley jerseys must either be prematch jerseys this year or to be worn another weekend, because RSL has posted the kit matchup for this weekend’s game at Dallas and it’s a normal matchup:

spacer.png

Probably worn another weekend but where do you guys find this official uniform release every week?

22 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Probably worn another weekend but where do you guys find this official uniform release every week?

RSL always posts the kit matchups for their upcoming games on their website, and the league has actually been posting all of the weekly matchups usually on Thursdays or Fridays. You can see them by searching “kit matchups” on the MLS site:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/search?search=&q=Kit+matchups+

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

To be worn next weekend:

The Parley jerseys have gotten progressively worse each time they’ve done them. Should be nothing more than prematch tops, especially when a majority of clubs end up looking unrecognizable by wearing a kit that’s so far outside of their color scheme.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

To be worn next weekend:

The Parley jerseys have gotten progressively worse each time they’ve done it. Should be nothing more than a prematch top, especially when a majority of clubs end up looking unrecognizable by wearing a kit that’s so far outside of their color scheme.

Agree. The black and white ones were ok as a one time thing. But this is like year 3 of this now. I don't understand the color choice.  Red Bulls in city blue? The Crew in Cinci blue and orange? 🤮

IMO the only nice looking ones are Vancouver and SKC

6 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Agree. The black and white ones were ok as a one time thing. But this is like year 3 of this now. I don't understand the color choice.  Red Bulls in city blue? The Crew in Cinci blue and orange? 🤮

And they get worn once which defeats the purpose of conservation. adidas lets U of Miami dress up their uniforms. They should treat this as a way for teams to come up with their own designs based on a theme instead of "You guys are the blue team, you guys are the grey team". 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

For Seattle specifically, it's yet another jersey with a vague splotchy pattern across the front.

Pass, even if I like the colors.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

25 minutes ago, Digby said:

I see a great NYCFC and Vancouver jersey and otherwise a bunch of weirdness. Are these even legit recycled or whatever? Looks like a catalog Adidas kit to me.

Both, actually. They are out of the catalog, but made with Adidas’ “Primeblue” fabric which they say is “a high-performance recycled material made in part with Parley Ocean Plastic.”

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^ I think the parley thing basically functions as a better version of the Revs away kit, as far as off-white kits that randomly make light blue a team color go.

I don’t know, why can the recycle material not work in team colors??

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Here’s the link to this weekend’s matchups:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/kit-matchups-what-your-club-is-wearing-for-mls-week-6

As always, a few notes:

- The Timbers are wearing green shorts with their new primaries, the first time they’ll do so in MLS play this year. Previously they’ve only gone with the white shorts in MLS matches, but they did go all-green in both CCL games against Club América

- Chicago is wearing their secondaries at home against Miami 

- Dallas is going with the red/blue/blue combo for the second time this year and second consecutive home game

- Vancouver is wearing their secondaries for the first time this year, at Houston. I believe Houston and NYCFC are the only teams who have only worn their primaries so far this year (they’ll both obviously be in the Parley kits next weekend)

- Finally, San Jose and SKC are going blue vs. blue. Shouldn’t really be an issue, but still notable:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

21 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

If Ty Phillips of Nordecke leadership is to be believed, that hoped for "redo" could be a long time coming. Phillips appeared on the Massive Report podcast this week and, in response to one of the co-hosts mentioning supporters helping design a new badge "in two years, or so", had this to say:

"My understanding is the badge - they're business people, if we're not buying it for a long time, or whatever, they may be like, 'Okay how can we tweak it.' But, they're leaning real hard into it."

"I think you're going to see them ride with this for awhile."

"That's probably going to get changed in 10 years or so."

This is a guy who sat in a room and specifically discussed the recent Columbus Crew rebrand with co-investor/operators Dee Haslam, JW Johnson, and Dr. Pete Edwards, and his takeaway was that it would require a lengthy stretch - perhaps a decade - of Crew supporters refusing to purchase licensed merchandise bearing the new burgee-shaped badge in order for said investor/operators to even consider another makeover of the team's primary mark.   

If there's one thing I know about Columbus Crew fans it's their ability to mobilize and spread the word. If they tell their fans not to buy anything with the new logo on it and the fans stick to that for years then I can't believe the team would stand there and suffer those losses for ten more years. I mean, the Haslams changed the Browns uniforms the second they were allowed to by rule after the fans got in their ears about it. They may have terrible branding/uniform taste on initial rebrands, but it appears they'll listen to fans and make the correct moves on the second try. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

6 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

No, you did not. Because, of course, it isn't.

Frankly, I've always found it absurd that Sporting Kansas City's badge would lead one to believe that the team's name is Kansas City Sporting SC.  

Right. The whole thing is just convoluted.

The crazy thing is I actually don't much mind the name "Sporting Kansas City"; at least it halfway flows well. (Someone clue a brotha in: weren't they the first of the charter clubs to adopt the Euro-naming convention?) The visual branding of it, on the other hand, has always been, I've long thought, a convoluted mess, from the changing of the colors to an even-at-that-point-far-too-overused scheme, to just the badge design in general. And the "SC" lockup? Pass

What's really nutty is KC itself has recently gone through quite the lively revival, at least within its core. The Wizards colorway, what with the old-school Denver Nuggets-esque colorway, would be a far better fit than plain-jane mundane light & dark blue. (Though I will give SKC credit for doing the unique pattern thing they used to do, with the checkers and then the argyle and the whole state line thing and whatnot.)  But this is just an outsiders opinion...my two rusted Lincolns.

(Sidenote: I see the boards done went thru yet another update...this may take some getting used to in phone, but so far...nice!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived