MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Oh...my bad then lol. I thought it would be club de football, like club de hockey for the Montreal Canadiens

So, I speak and am well versed in Standard/Metropolitan French with a slight tinge of provençal but it could be a linguistic thing between French and Québec on why the habs do what they do. 

Sorry for going off on you, just not the first one ha.  

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

spacer.png

On the adidas official website the updated Crew secondary with their second star is now being advertised as their Home Jersey. This could just be an error, but it could also mean this will indeed become their primary and that we will see a new secondary in 2021. If so, it could explain the decision to wear it in MLS Cup despite being at MAPFRE. I would also hope that if it does become the primary that any new secondary would still be yellow and not white. In my mind the Crew will always belong in yellow.

wasn't there a talk about a soft rebrand when the move into their new stadium? AFAIR it was hilariously always mandated by official channels to be the Columbus Crew SC and not just Columbus Crew. And when the new Ownership took over there was some tweet about 96 or something, so "Columbus Crew 96" maybe?

On 12/26/2020 at 1:32 PM, kylonian said:

On the adidas official website the updated Crew secondary with their second star is now being advertised as their Home Jersey. This could just be an error, but it could also mean this will indeed become their primary and that we will see a new secondary in 2021. If so, it could explain the decision to wear it in MLS Cup despite being at MAPFRE. I would also hope that if it does become the primary that any new secondary would still be yellow and not white. In my mind the Crew will always belong in yellow.

Did the Crew forget what happened last time they tried to promote the black kit to primary following an MLS Cup appearance?

The Columbus Crew's new uniforms make them look like Minions - SBNation.com

5 hours ago, radchad said:

Did the Crew forget what happened last time they tried to promote the black kit to primary following an MLS Cup appearance?

The Columbus Crew's new uniforms make them look like Minions - SBNation.com

With white (or red) shorts, that might've been acceptable. Not good by any means, but at least not "ditch it after 1 year and never speak of it again" levels of awful.

ExJworW.png

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

With white (or red) shorts, that might've been acceptable. Not good by any means, but at least not "ditch it after 1 year and never speak of it again" levels of awful.

Nope, that pee stain shirt was absolutely "ditch it after 1 year and never speak of it again" levels of awful, and would’ve been even if there had been white shorts, red shorts, black shorts, etc. The blue shorts certainly made the whole kit worse, but there was absolutely no saving that shirt.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That was kind of the nadir of "everyone must embrace civic imagery" era, wasn't it. Feel like it was designed by someone who hadn't seen a city flag before; I'd go off the stripes but you don't need to eyedropper every present color, even the city seal?? Seems obvious to me. Also curious, do the people of Columbus identify with their flag a la Chicago or what?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/11/adidas-squadra-21-teamwear-kit.html?u=201228&kSir7=Jb88X

adidas is slapping the logo on their teamwear unis. Hopefully this isn't coming to the league as well.

Maybe the training gear? I can’t see MLS (or any league for that matter) allowing Adidas to occupy prime sponsorship space on match day shirts unless they’re willing to pay for it.

On 12/28/2020 at 7:50 PM, Digby said:

That was kind of the nadir of "everyone must embrace civic imagery" era, wasn't it. Feel like it was designed by someone who hadn't seen a city flag before; I'd go off the stripes but you don't need to eyedropper every present color, even the city seal?? Seems obvious to me. Also curious, do the people of Columbus identify with their flag a la Chicago or what?

As a Columbusite, no we don’t. Not at all. 

Archived