MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

No "consternation" at all.  

Orlando has been trying to make it a thing since day one, but it's not actually a thing.  😛 

J6y3e04.gif

It's an Orlando thing, UCF does the same exact thing to Florida. They can't seem to understand that we couldn't care less about them.. 😹

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/2/2021 at 3:10 PM, JTernup said:

It's an Orlando thing, UCF does the same exact thing to Florida. They can't seem to understand that we couldn't care less about them.. 😹

Orlando City main rival is now obviously Atl United but when we came into the league we were the most southern team. So NYCFC was an obvious started same time rival and we earn  place through fans proving we deserved a place in the league were as NY had City backed money so that was base for that rival. Now would say in order its- ATL, Miami, Columbus. 

As for Orlando thing, well as a Brit who lived in Orlando for years it's one of the most visited cities in the world with the 2nd largest university in the US so the city has a chip on it's shoulder as we get overlooked for Miami and sometimes Tampa which to me is crazy. Personally think Orlando is an amazing city! Either way UCF has grown so much so fast and now naturally with growth fed up of gators being on our 'turf' so we want to play you beat you overtake you but can sense real nervousness of UCF rise from UF. Of course you're bigger traditionally but if we keep doing well on the field maybe move conference down the road would a student rather live and learn in Orlando with all the entertainment we have on offer and being a global city or go to Gainesville for 'tradition'. Should have played FL instead of LSU in the bowl game but whatever reason didn't happen and continues to not happen when we try to arrange a game. \

Back on topic (sorry) having special one of kits in football is a joke! It doesn't fit the sport at all. It's such a corporate cash grab and maybe suits NFL. However football is all about tradition, club colours, chants flags etc. I'm a die hard LFC fan if we wore something other than all red at home for any reason their would be a riot! MLS is growing more popularity and respect this type of behavior only devalues the league to outsiders. If they want to do pre match shirts fine NOT IN GAME!

On 6/4/2021 at 11:14 AM, sicknick459 said:

Orlando City main rival is now obviously Atl United but when we came into the league we were the most southern team. So NYCFC was an obvious started same time rival and we earn  place through fans proving we deserved a place in the league were as NY had City backed money so that was base for that rival.

spacer.png

You paid the same entry fee we did. 😛

On 6/4/2021 at 11:14 AM, sicknick459 said:

As for Orlando thing, well as a Brit who lived in Orlando for years it's one of the most visited cities in the world with the 2nd largest university in the US so the city has a chip on it's shoulder as we get overlooked for Miami and sometimes Tampa which to me is crazy. Personally think Orlando is an amazing city! Either way UCF has grown so much so fast and now naturally with growth fed up of gators being on our 'turf' so we want to play you beat you overtake you but can sense real nervousness of UCF rise from UF. Of course you're bigger traditionally but if we keep doing well on the field maybe move conference down the road would a student rather live and learn in Orlando with all the entertainment we have on offer and being a global city or go to Gainesville for 'tradition'. Should have played FL instead of LSU in the bowl game but whatever reason didn't happen and continues to not happen when we try to arrange a game. \

On 6/5/2021 at 5:07 PM, Gothamite said:

spacer.png

Don’t even need a new gif. People prefer Tampa and Miami because they are far better cities to visit if you’re an adult.

As for why a student would choose UF, perhaps a better education in nearly all programs offered by both schools?

Honestly your response perfectly shows the exact phenomena I was describing.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

On 6/5/2021 at 5:07 PM, Gothamite said:

spacer.png

Yeah but we only got added to the league due to fan support strength of crowd etc. Where as they saw $ signs with NYCFC and the City bankroll. As a football fan would prefer to have a pro rel option and come up the natural way but feels good to force your way into a league by fan passion alone.

7 hours ago, JTernup said:

Don’t even need a new gif. People prefer Tampa and Miami because they are far better cities to visit if you’re an adult.

As for why a student would choose UF, perhaps a better education in nearly all programs offered by both schools?

Honestly your response perfectly shows the exact phenomena I was describing.

Last I will say on Florida school matter is MLS after all but....... again not many around the world list Tampa above Orlando as a destination, and most are adults in that category. Funny enough adults love the parks nightlife and endless attractions in the city. Miami well yeah does have global appeal but having lived in the state as an outsider Miami is very overrated Tampa much better than Miami.

To bring it back on topic I'm glad Miami is now in the MLS as Florida needs two MLS teams at least!

10 hours ago, sicknick459 said:

Yeah but we only got added to the league due to fan support strength of crowd etc. Where as they saw $ signs with NYCFC and the City bankroll. As a football fan would prefer to have a pro rel option and come up the natural way but feels good to force your way into a league by fan passion alone.

spacer.png

Doesn't Sacramento have good fan support, too? So does Minnesota. It is 100% because of money and money alone. If Orlando couldn't pay the expansion fee, no amount of fan support can make up for that. It's why Sacramento lost out even after the MLS accepted their bid, and it's why Minnesota was able to make it into the MLS. The money talks. 

Not really sure what's going on with the diagonal stripe across the middle, but the R looks very old timey and that crest shape inside the white circle is awesome. This is much better than the trash heap logo they've had their entire existence. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I don’t really like it! Not sure it fits the club, old-timey sure but doesn’t read as revolutionary or New Englandy to me. Also it never occurred to me that a white background would look so odd. Also also, we need a roundel moratorium already.

Although I’m also curious to know, how do we know this isn’t just a portfolio piece? Not from a designer known in MLS circles, are they?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Getting strong Man City (among other clubs, but that's the first one that popped into my mind) vibes from the Revs badge, they both have extremely similar elements. I've never been a fan of the crayon logo, and so any type of change is something I like, but I'm not sure how much I like that leaked badge.

Edit: Thinking about it, I think it could be improved by removing the white circle, putting a white outline around the central element, and have the lettering either staying or going depending on where and how the badge is using (kits, merchandise, general advertising, etc.). That can emphasize the central element of the badge, the badge itself can still contrast well from a background, and the lettering can add to the central element if it is needed. Oh, and change the font for the circular lettering, it feels pretty basic and a changed font could make it more interesting. Maybe the font used on the marketing shown here.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Archived