MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Corvus said:

New Chicago Fire Crest:

It's a vast improvement, and the return of the Florian Cross is very much welcomed, but holy cow why does everything have to be shoved in a thin circle now? The Revolution are going to do it, Montreal did it. It just feels like they needed a way to add the navy in and so added a circle and called it a day. Makes this whole look, while solid as a whole, feel way too generic and somewhat off-brand. Maybe even adding some text around the logo instead of under it would have helped with the generic issue.

Here's to hoping they bring back the red shirts w/ white chest stripe or something similar on the home jerseys. It certainly seems like those very nice away/clash jerseys are staying.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 hour ago, Corvus said:

New Chicago Fire Crest:

Nothing about this looks "firey" to me...but it's miles better than the Latin Kings knockoff it's replacing.

Though...looking at that, something tells me we're gonna see a LOOOOTTTTT of that sky blue color in their next branding life. (As if the league needs more light blue...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Nothing about this looks "firey" to me...but it's miles better than the Latin Kings knockoff it's replacing.

Though...looking at that, something tells me we're gonna see a LOOOOTTTTT of that sky blue color in their next branding life. (As if the league needs more light blue...)

NYC and Vancouver are the only ones utilizing light blue as part of their identity. Philadelphia also used that colour for the new away kit. And Colorado also did it too.

Other than the four, that's pretty much it. I wouldn't mind seeing light blue everywhere, though it can get a little tiring.

12 minutes ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

NYC and Vancouver are the only ones utilizing light blue as part of their identity. Philadelphia also used that colour for the new away kit. And Colorado also did it too.

Other than the four, that's pretty much it. I wouldn't mind seeing light blue everywhere, though it can get a little tiring.

Kansas City’s primary color and Minnesota’s secondary color, too. tbh it IS a lot of light blue, these days.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I saw a report on Twitter that the Fire will return to red primary kits in 2024.

I mean, I get lead times and all, but c'mon.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The new Chicago crest is marginally less boring than the current version. While adding the Chicago flag colors is a nice distraction, it is a shame they minimized the Florian cross.

In all honestly, the club should have never abandoned their initial crest. At least that one was distinctive and not another roundel.

18 minutes ago, -kj said:

I saw a report on Twitter that the Fire will return to red primary kits in 2024.

T-twenty-twenty four? How long does it take to design a soccer kit for MLS nowadays? I know they have them planned in advance, but I didn't know that it was that far off and that ingrained. 

I am actually surprised that the MLS haven't yet picked up on the European system of widespread third kits and annual kit rotations, along that line. Unless there is something I am missing, that has to be better for league profit right?

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

T-twenty-twenty four? How long does it take to design a soccer kit for MLS nowadays? I know they have them planned in advance, but I didn't know that it was that far off and that ingrained. 

According to the Fire's website:

Next year, the Club will unveil a new navy blue primary kit that has been in production for more than a year and will be worn during the 2022 and 2023 seasons. Design for the next home kit will begin in the Spring of 2022 as the team prepares to formally return to red home kits for the 2024 season.

🎵Chicago has the Fire, the greatest futbol team...🎵

Clearly, the Fire learned from their mistakes here.  Every other team called "Fire" represents themselves with flames, the Chicago Fire instead represent those who fight fire.  The horrid current crest misses that mark wildly, this gets much closer to the mark.

🎵 Chicago Fire, Chicago Fire, Chicago Fire Number 1 🎵

sorry, couldn't resist.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

spacer.png

Another day, another underwhelming meh-jor League Soccer team crest. 

Yes, it's clearly a huge improvement over the deservedly maligned design abomination that was the "Fire Crown". That said, Matthew Wolff's aesthetic here is so minimalist as to border on the forgettable. Everything serves its purpose, but I'm left wanting more.

The element in the brand package that bothers me the most is the treatment of the Florian Cross. I get what Wolff's going for here, but I just don't think he effectively pulls it off. It strikes me as less evocative of a fire/firefighting theme and more the insignia of the Powder Blue Lantern Corps.

I'm also getting a Bozo the Clown vibe from the entire mark.  😛 

I like it very much. The colour scheme is great and exactly what they should've done. I hope they go back to red home kits with a white chest bar again. It would look great with some navy and sky blue details.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

2 hours ago, -kj said:

I don't see that happening. They've already said that they'll be rolling out the new logo in 2022. I doubt that won't come with new kits.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I LOVE light blue and red but virtually all sports pro teams are afraid to use it, even though the Oilers looked phenomenal in it. My high school embraced it in the 90s only to later get scared and move to a North Carolina-ish blue and white scheme. I think the color combo is considered too “soft” because clearly no sports team can ever be good without fake masculinity.

While the badge is promising I’m sure Chicago will play up the navy and won’t go for the unique option… although like others have said there’s already too much light blue in the league.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

2 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

I don't see that happening. They've already said that they'll be rolling out the new logo in 2022. I doubt that won't come with new kits.

The design for the 2022 kits has already been finished; it was probably approved and finished before they approved the final version of the new logo, hence the lack of proper lead time to design an entirely new red kit. Lead time is usually anywhere between 18-24 months, as there's a lot of logistics involved every year with a new kit design

Archived