USBL Basketball League (20 Teams, Logos, Jerseys, and Courts)

jaha32

I'll get back to the finishing up the Crocodiles but for now here is the next team.

The New York Empire. I have posted an earlier version of this logo on my Behance page quite a few years ago, but I've since simplified it in a few areas in this update. It's pretty self-explanatory - New York is the Empire State and the logo features the Empire State Building. It's somewhat similar to the Knicks in that you're looking upward at the 3D block lettering.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13

• jaha32 changed the title to USBL Basketball League (Team 11/20)

I've been following along on this for a bit now, but only now getting time to comment. I love that all the teams are originals and you have a clear style of logo and uniform design throughout, which is impressive too. I'd have to say my favorites are Houston and New York so far.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jaha32 said:

I'll get back to the finishing up the Crocodiles but for now here is the next team.

The New York Empire. I have posted an earlier version of this logo on my Behance page quite a few years ago, but I've since simplified it in a few areas in this update. It's pretty self-explanatory - New York is the Empire State and the logo features the Empire State Building. It's somewhat similar to the Knicks in that you're looking upward at the 3D block lettering.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The logo is great, the uniforms are on point. I am personally not a fan of the nickname, but everything else works well. This series is awesome! 

N3d5IIl.png

On 12/31/2021 at 11:28 PM, Megildur said:

I've been following along on this for a bit now, but only now getting time to comment. I love that all the teams are originals and you have a clear style of logo and uniform design throughout, which is impressive too. I'd have to say my favorites are Houston and New York so far.

Thanks for following. I try to come up with original looks for each team logo, and a mix of new and traditional looking jerseys, so I’m glad you noticed.

On 1/1/2022 at 2:14 AM, jbird669 said:

The logo is great, the uniforms are on point. I am personally not a fan of the nickname, but everything else works well. This series is awesome! 

Thanks again! I wanted to give them a clean uniform with their own distinctive side striping.

The next team will be in Texas.

• Like 2

Reintroducing the Crocs as the South Florida Crocodiles.

I went with Clutchy's suggestion to go with "South Florida" as the location. It almost sound like a college name which I like because it adds some variety to the league. And I like using state names from time to time just to mix things up.

Since it's Crocs over Gators, I went back to the "C" in the logo. It looks more memorable than an oval. The inline in the "C" is gone based on scottyeagle's comment and I agree it does look cleaner.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

That’s amazing man! Exactly how I envisioned it to! I agree that it creates diversity within the league. I like how you made the “South” on the home jerseys black so it pops out. One thing I love about professional sports in Florida is that all 4 of the major sports leagues have at least 2 teams in Florida meaning we always have an in state rivalry going on so I’m glad that’s expressed in this league as well.

On 1/6/2022 at 6:29 AM, cLuTcHy said:

That’s amazing man! Exactly how I envisioned it to! I agree that it creates diversity within the league. I like how you made the “South” on the home jerseys black so it pops out. One thing I love about professional sports in Florida is that all 4 of the major sports leagues have at least 2 teams in Florida meaning we always have an in state rivalry going on so I’m glad that’s expressed in this league as well.

Thank you! I hadn’t originally planned to put two teams in Florida but it is the third most populous state so it works out just fine. California and Texas are the other states that’ll have in-state rivalries in this league. 

Next up is the Texas Toros. I wanted to differentiate this bull from other bull logos of a similar composition so I started with the white letter "T" which also form the horns, and then built the bulls face around it. Texas is of course the Lone Star State so there's a star in the middle which also helps form the brow around the eyes.

The colors are a toned-down version of the Spurs fiesta colors (so black, teal, and gray minus the orange or pink). However I haven't decided if this team would play is San Antonio or Dallas.

There is an alt logo of a simple T+star which appears on each side of the shorts - one side for Texas the other for Toros.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 12

• jaha32 changed the title to USBL Basketball League (Team 12/20)

Making our way to the upper midwest with the next team - the Minneapolis Owls. Most of this owl is derived from a previous bird logo I made from the EBA series. The black jersey reading "MPLS" is inspired by the Lakers throwback jerseys, and I like how the words "OWLS" and 'MPLS" take up the exact same space on both sets. The colors are meant to feel cold and dark, like the Minnesota wilderness.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

• jaha32 changed the title to USBL Basketball League (Team 13/20)
8 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Tilted for me.

Also dunno if that's your intention but they kinda look like the Magic

It wasn’t intentional but I can see that in the jerseys especially since the colors are similar.

I think I’ll go with the tilted logo too. 

4 hours ago, NicDB said:

Would have been a great look for LIU-Brooklyn before they merged with CW Post.

Is that the Blackbirds? Almost anything would be better than that logo, but I do like how the LIU Sharks turned out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NicDB said:

Selfishly, I hope Milwaukee will eventually be part of this. 

Being originally from Wisconsin myself I had thought about putting a team in Milwaukee (or even Green Bay just for fun despite it being a smaller city) but don’t have any logo made that would be specific to the area. 

I do have a logo made for a team called the Bees which needs a home city yet. I was brainstorming locations and could add Milwaukee to the list.

Not sure, would it fit Milwaukee?

-Buffalo Bees

-Carolina Bees (it could be a takeoff of the Charlotte Hornets)

-Milwaukee Bees

-Nashville/Memphis Bees

-or some other city

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jaha32 said:

Being originally from Wisconsin myself I had thought about putting a team in Milwaukee (or even Green Bay just for fun despite it being a smaller city) but don’t have any logo made that would be specific to the area. 

I do have a logo made for a team called the Bees which needs a home city yet. I was brainstorming locations and could add Milwaukee to the list.

Not sure, would it fit Milwaukee?

-Buffalo Bees

-Carolina Bees (it could be a takeoff of the Charlotte Hornets)

-Milwaukee Bees

-Nashville/Memphis Bees

-or some other city

Nashville/Memphis doesn’t sound so bad. At least I do feel a team in Tennessee would work for this league. 

I guess Bees would fit Milwaukee's tendency for its teams nicknames to start with B, but I feel like calling them anything but the Hops would be a missed opportunity.

The only other places in Wisconsin I could see having a team are Racine or Kenosha, since there's not much of a basketball culture in other parts of the state. It also happens that the Racine Bells who you might know from A League Of Their Own had a beehive on their emblem. 

spacer.png