USBL Basketball League (20 Teams, Logos, Jerseys, and Courts)

jaha32

6 hours ago, NicDB said:

Not really feeling the colors to be honest. They don't feel industrious enough for a team named after the mining industry.

When I think of the California gold rush I think bright yellow/gold flakes and nuggets that one would see when panning for gold. I don't really think of the mining industry. Blue and orange aren't industrial-looking but they seem to work fine for the UTEP Miners.  The purple is staying but if I want to explore color options, I could try gold in place of yellow and orange although it wouldn't be as bright.

8 hours ago, jaha32 said:

When I think of the California gold rush I think bright yellow/gold flakes and nuggets that one would see when panning for gold. I don't really think of the mining industry. Blue and orange aren't industrial-looking but they seem to work fine for the UTEP Miners.  The purple is staying but if I want to explore color options, I could try gold in place of yellow and orange although it wouldn't be as bright.

Since you mentioned it, swapping the purple for a dark blue would do wonders for this. 

Here are some colors options A,B,C,D partially based on the feedback so far. 

Again, this project is basically a re-creation of a fictional league I simulated as a kid between 1994-2000 so although the Sacramento Miners are fictional, in this universe they aren't going ditch their primary color of purple anymore than the Celtics are going to ditch green. There are plenty of other teams in this league with blue but only a couple with purple so I am trying to keep purple here.

My wife likes options C and D.

Option D is growing on me since it has gold to tie in to the gold rush and there will be quite a few more teams with yellow.

Option C reminds me of the Lakers and I don't think that'd go over well in Sacramento but maybe the Lakers don't exist in this universe so...

spacer.png

• Like 1

I have some ideas:
San Antonio Gunslingers [Famous for the best wild west]

Toledo Bullfrogs or Hoppers [Toledo is also known as "Frogtown"]

Fort Lauderdale Oysters - EIBA Champion - (2016 - Present) Buffalo Freeze - CBA - (2011 - Presents) Minnesota Firs - IFF (1987 - Presents)

spacer.png

3 hours ago, southernbaseballteams2019 said:

I have some ideas:
San Antonio Gunslingers [Famous for the best wild west]

Toledo Bullfrogs or Hoppers [Toledo is also known as "Frogtown"]

The teams are already set. It's just a matter of me finishing up the jerseys.

__

Any other thoughts on Sacramento's colors? Right now I'm thinking the purple and gold set. The white seems to make them pop more.

19 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Nah, keep the light uniform gold.

You might even get away with replacing the white with cream on the logo.

Yeah the lighter jersey will likely be gold now that I'm probably going with the new color scheme of option D.

I did try two shades of gold in the logo, but it ended up having a khaki cloth feel to it rather than metallic.

10 hours ago, Dion Jones Jr. said:

What if u were to mix the darker purple with the old gold, do u think that wouldl look nice

That's pretty much what option B is. This is going to lose that Suns vibe you mentioned now that I'm probably changing it to gold but I'm noticing that two colors looks better than three in the logo.

Here are the updated colors for the Miners. Gold and purple give them a unique color scheme in this league and I like how it turned out. Besides, the other California team has bright colors (orange or red) so this new color scheme will better differentiate them from their in-state rival.

I haven't had a chance to start the next team's jerseys but hopefully I can get that posted sometime soon and keep these going at a good pace.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 12

Glad to hear you all like the new colors for Sacramento. Thanks!

On 12/4/2021 at 6:10 PM, southernbaseballteams2019 said:

I really love the color. I'm do ready for the next one. Keep up the good work!

I've been meaning to get the next team posted, but things keep coming up. At the very least I'll try to get the logo for the next team up in a day or two and then their jerseys can come later.

The next team is the California Fire. With the Sacramento Miners abandoning orange for gold, I figured it'd be perfect for this team to fully embrace orange. The blue is meant to represent the Pacific Ocean and offset the bright orange. I had a team in my previous EBA series also called the Fire with a somewhat similar logo in red and yellow. The idea of a basketball in flames is reminiscent of the Miami Heat but the colors here are pretty different.

For now it's just the logo, but jerseys will come.

spacer.png

• Like 9

• jaha32 changed the title to USBL Basketball League (Team 9/20)