Up to date IIHF Jerseys

kiwi_canadian

So Czech are best and the rest are Little mess at least for now. Canada needs white and USA looks worse in double blue than Finland (maybe because they had red as a one more contrasting color) and Finland look pretty cool.

54 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Team Russia (or are they still forced to use the dumb Olympic Athlete from Russia™ generic red jerseys?) might tip the scales here.

They still can't participate as a Russia.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

10 minutes ago, Hat Boy said:

The blue breezers do not match that shade of navy blue or royal blue.  Why is there a third shade of blue? 

Eh. That one gets a (tiny, tiny) bit of a pass from me. Trying to match colors across multiple materials is a pain in the ass. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

2 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

What's the point of an alternate uniform? Spice up the blowouts against China?

I was wondering the same thing. They don't play enough games to need 3 different uniforms. Also doesn't make sense for team USA to have two blue ones. Just seems like a waste. 

22 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

What's the point of an alternate uniform? Spice up the blowouts against China?

Money. Canadian and US fans will buy these jerseys. Swedish, Finnish, Czech, etc. fans probably would but not in the numbers their NA rivals will.

• Like 1

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

15 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1195682

211122_NIKE_HOCKEY24_large.jpg211122_NIKE_HOCKEY16_large.jpg211122_NIKE_HOCKEY27_large.jpg

I don't hate these for Team USA. but the double blue is dumb IMO. 

Canada's uniforms, again IMO, aren't complete dogwater. I think the red is honestly the worst of them. 

A number of nitpicks for me here:

-The general lack of red is questionable. The whole set comes off as super dark without it, and, well, it's the USA, red is part of the identity.

-The top/bottom stripes on the chest are both made of lighter or darker shades of blue or red. The darker shade of blue on that top stripe is invisible, and so the whole chest stripe feels unbalanced (esp. on the navy set).

-The navy and royal blue colors are not different enough for each to warrant their own jersey. That royal blue set screams Nike just wanting to make a quick buck. I would honestly buy the idea of it being a third jersey more if the stripes were red, not navy.

In general, I don't hate the idea, but the execution is crap. The whole set needs better color balance and practicality (for lack of a better word).

I dislike Canada's set as well. Way too much black for its own good. At least we now know where all the red from the new "Jersey" Devils uniform is.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

16 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1195682

211122_NIKE_HOCKEY24_large.jpg211122_NIKE_HOCKEY16_large.jpg211122_NIKE_HOCKEY27_large.jpg

I don't hate these for Team USA. but the double blue is dumb IMO. 

Canada's uniforms, again IMO, aren't complete dogwater. I think the red is honestly the worst of them. 

I think this is the maddest I’ve been about a sports jersey in quite some time. Complete garbage. I wouldn’t use these as a dish rag. The absolutely insane crest placement above the swoosh would be the worst thing on most jerseys but is somehow one of the least offensive things about these. The US has great elements with the crest and our flag. Nike decides to gloss over any of these with a crap design on yet another crap hockey template. Nike is to hockey what Adidas is to college football. Both should be banned from those respective sports, especially since they actually make mostly quality uniforms for their flagship sports.

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

18 minutes ago, GT Designs said:

Sweden just released their jerseys. They look great. 

At least one country realizes that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I like that they've removed the white outlines around the crowns, but the blue seems a little too dark.

Canada isn't great, but somehow I was expecting worse. They've unfortunately doubled down on black when they should be minimizing it or eliminating it altogether. The white jersey is the best one by far.

I saw a comment on the USA jerseys saying they look like a goalie soccer jersey, and that pretty much sums it up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

The Swiss have revealed their Olympic jerseys.

So we went from razor blades on the sleeves of every team's uniforms to tonal designs for everyone. The Swiss jerseys would be top tier if the red jersey had fully contrasting stripes. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

spacer.png

I don't know whether to be more pissed-off at Nike or with the fat-ass Hockey Canada bureaucrat who signed-off on these.

Yeah...they're kinda cool & edgy...but maybe more suited for an Oregon Ducks Rollerblade Hockey  team,

rather than a nation's uniform.

Call me an old guy shaking his fist at the clouds, but I think national unis should err on the side of tradition and be treated with respect;

NOT as some sorta 3rd-Tier-College-Football-blank-canvas for frickin' Nike to experiment on, with its tacky gimmickry.

Kudos to Sweden for supposedly telling Nike to "Just Don't Do It!".

Too bad Canada didn't do the same.

8 minutes ago, sparkychewbarky said:

Too bad Canada didn't do the same.

Money is at play here. Nike probably sells more Canada jerseys than Sweden jerseys so there's an impetus to create a bold new design (not necessarily good) that gets people's eyes on it and moves product.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)