NBA Reverse Retro COMPLETE

johne9109

Time for part three of my four part series. So the 4 major American sport leagues (MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA) all feature a unique uniform program; MLB- City Connect, NHL- Reverse Retro, NFL-color rush, NBA- City edition.) I decided to swap them around between the leagues. The first of these that I did was the MLB getting Color Rush uniforms and then I did the NFL getting City Edition uniforms. This series will be the NBA getting Reverse Retro uniforms. It's funny because the NBA will be doing Mixtape uniforms this year so it'll be interesting seeing the crossover between what they do and what I choose for the Reverse Retros.

Atlanta Hawks
Boston Celtics
Brooklyn Nets
Charlotte Hornets
Chicago Bulls
Cleveland Cavaliers
Dallas Mavericks
Denver Nuggets
Detroit Pistons
Golden State Warriors
Houston Rockets

Indiana Pacers
Los Angeles Clippers

Los Angeles Lakers

Memphis Grizzlies
Miami Heat
Milwaukee Bucks

Minnesota Timberwolves

New Orleans Pelicans
New York Knicks

Oklahoma City Thunder
Orlando Magic

Philadelphia 76ers
Phoenix Suns

Portland Trail Blazers
Sacramento Kings

San Antonio Spurs

Toronto Raptors
Utah Jazz

Washington Wizards

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 1/30 Hawks Added

Boston Celtics

g6foT5T.png

I decided to use a new template (the other just wasn't working for me) I will go back eventually and redo the Hawks on this new template. For the Celtics I decided to take their look from the 40's and bring yellow into the mix. It's a color the team has always used on merch and tertiary items, but wasn't used on a uniform until very recently. I felt it was a nice mix up for a classic uniform

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 2/30 Celtics Added
  • johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 3/30 Nets Added

Charlotte Hornets

hJXff2e.png

For the Hornets I decided to go with the Bobcats Racing Day uniform that was used from 2009-2011. I chose this design because it had a connection to the hornets with the pinstriping, but was still uniquely Bobcats with it's side pattern and checkered flag design. I reversed it by using the Hornets colors over the Bobcats colors

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 4/30 Honets Added
  • johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 5/30 Bulls Added
  • johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 6/30 Cavaliers Added

Dallas Mavericks

EWSYn8H.png

So the Dallas Mavericks have really only had two looks; their classic look and their current look. The classic look has been in it's blue, white, and green variations. We have also seen the current look with elements of the classic colors. So the only option really left was doing the classic look with the current color set and well I gotta say it works pretty well

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 7/30 Mavericks Added

Denver Nuggets

5g1I59c.png

For the Nuggets I went with their uniform from the late 70's with a modern color palette. I know a lot of other people would do something with the rainbow uniform but I feel it's been way overdone and wanted to do something different. I think this is another great and unique uniform that would more sales and look great on the court

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 8/30 Nuggets Added
  • johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 9/30 Pistons Added
  • johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 10/30 Warriors Added
  • johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 11/30 Pacers Added
  • 2 weeks later...

LA Clippers

P6GaMZg.png

I've always really liked the script look for the clippers and unless I've missed something; they've never done it in blue so here it is

LA Lakers

xm43REq.png

I also went script for the Lakers, throwing it back to the 60's; a look they surprisingly really haven't thrown back to very much since switching from the blue to yellow and purple *ahem* sorry forum blue. 

Memphis Grizzlies

5EcfWzT.png

We throw it back to the Vancouver Grizzlies, i mean obviously right? This uniform really pretty crisp in black and I could seeing it being a full time alternate for the Grizzlies. Also, I know I put the Vancouver wordmark and in actuality they would put Memphis instead

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 14/30 Clippers, Lakers, and Grizzlies Added

Miami Heat

W8Qpbp6.png

We're getting a lil wild with the Heat. The Heat entered the league with some great uniforms right off the bat (I prefer the originals, but hey that's just me). We saw these uniforms in white, red, and black; so that left to make an orange edition. Is it vibrant and in your face? yes, but is it Miami? You're goddamn right it is.

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 16/30 Heat Added
  • 2 weeks later...

Milwaukee Bucks

OIiZhFD.png

I mean of course it was gonna be this for the bucks. We see this design from the 90's get the current color treatment and I gotta say it works a lot better than the purple

Minnesota Timberwolves

a1tHbFd.png

So there were a couple routes the Timberwolves could go, but I felt doing a true reverse of Minnesota's original uniform was the way to go

New Orleans Pelicans

e6H6nDv.png

With the Pelicans being a newest NBA team I went back the the New Orleans Hornets days and gave a new coat of pain; resulting in what I think would be a great look for the Pelicans

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 19/30 Bucks, Timberwolves, and Pelicans added

New York Knicks

YltsxOO.png

Outside of a very few changes the Knicks have pretty much had the same uniforms. The biggest change being these uniforms from the 50's and 60's and work great for a reverse retro program

Oklahoma City Thunder

ND77b2U.png

In the same way the Colorado Avalanche and more closely the Minnesota Wild paid homage to teams before them with their reverse retro uniforms OKC does the same paying homage to the beloved Seattle Super Sonics and their uniforms from the 70's though the 90's

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 21/30 Knicks and Thunder added

Orlando Magic

HUXDnDy.png

The Orlando Magic's most iconic look is the pinstripes hands down, but it's been done every which way way possible. So I decided to go width the star patterned uniform from the late 90's-early 00's. It was used in a blue and white uniform, but never black so that is what we get here

Philadelphia 76ers

smyraQs.png

I wanted to go a really unexpected route for the 76ers. Their uniforms from the 70's were different, but still felt very 76ers. 

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA Reverse Retro 23/30 Magic and 76ers added
11 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Orlando Magic

HUXDnDy.png

The Orlando Magic's most iconic look is the pinstripes hands down, but it's been done every which way way possible. So I decided to go width the star patterned uniform from the late 90's-early 00's. It was used in a blue and white uniform, but never black so that is what we get here

Philadelphia 76ers

smyraQs.png

I wanted to go a really unexpected route for the 76ers. Their uniforms from the 70's were different, but still felt very 76ers. 

Blue letterings on red base don't go well together, considering its visibility.

Phoenix Suns

avGG8XK.png

The Suns look from the 90's-00's is easily their best look and they should definitely go back to a look similar to this. While the original white uniform was predominantly white the reverse retro gets a predominant orange look

Portland Trailblazers

KDhXisy.png

The Portland Trailblazers have kept their diagonal design in tact in some way shape or form since its inception. So for the reverse retro I went back to the design that came before from the 70's. This look is still unique in it's own right and looks really good in black

ZUH86xc.png

Archived