2021-22 NHL Regular Season

CS85

29 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

The notion that the outrage over the story is just about "revenge" for the Blackhawks being a good team in the early aughts is even more f***ing disgusting.

Oh, don't kid yourself. You know why people are getting satisfaction out of this being the Blackhawks that they wouldn't get if it were, say, the Sharks, another team that employed the pedophile. Do you not know how online works? Are you new?

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

The difference is that the Blackhawks ran roughshod over the league for about five or six years and made everyone else not like them, so now everyone can post about it and get their revenge. Graham James never did anything to reddit.

With all due respect, what the 🤬 is wrong with you, man? This isn't about "revenge" or any other juvenile internet BS, a man was sexually assaulted! If the Blackhawks were my team I'd want their heads too!

• Like 8

I've been clear for a long time that Stan Bowman should be gone. Search it. I can still point out that fans of other teams are specifically taking joy in the suffering of the Blackhawks. It's all grist for the mill, including sexual assault.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tp49 said:

If I own the Panthers Quenneville is fired immediately.  If I'm commissioner there would be bans,  Sadly, I don't think Bettman has the stones to mete out the severe punishment warranted by this situation.  The Blackhawks were find one million dollars less than the Devils were for the Kovalchuk cap circumvention issue.  

Q doesn't seem to be heading with the team to Detroit, at any rate, so that's something. My guess is that Bettman's also going to reserve judgement until Chevy is dealt with, since both are linked.

Just now, the admiral said:

I've been clear for a long time that Stan Bowman should be gone. Search it. I can still point out that fans of other teams are specifically taking joy in the suffering of the Blackhawks. It's all grist for the mill, including sexual assault.

"Oh woe is me, my team's being unfairly treated by internet randos because they covered up someone's crime for a decade!" 🙄

• Like 6

That doesn't dispute my premise, which is that the difference between Graham James and this is how internet fandom manifests itself. I'm sure people will still like your post.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Not… really? The reaction would be the same if it was any team. Everybody would want every head to roll. The Blackhawks’ history is immaterial to this.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Oh, don't kid yourself. You know why people are getting satisfaction out of this being the Blackhawks that they wouldn't get if it were, say, the Sharks, another team that employed the pedophile. Do you not know how online works? Are you new?

I sincerely hope you're only saying all this as some insane, in-poor-taste, Eric-Andre-esque troll, and that you don't actually believe this kind of disgusting bulls***.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Not… really? The reaction would be the same if it was any team. Everybody would want every head to roll. The Blackhawks’ history is immaterial to this.

Nope, can't see it. It would not be the same -- the volume would be a 10/10 for anyone else, and it's at 11 for the Hawks. This is comeuppance for winning, for the Kane story, for the logo, for everything. I know how people think. I am people. 

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

Nope, can't see it. It would not be the same -- the volume would be a 10/10 for anyone else, and it's at 11 for the Hawks. This is comeuppance for winning, for the Kane story, for the logo, for everything. I know how people think. I am people. 

"People are only mad about the Blackhawks covering up sexual assault and borderline pedophilia because the team was good and they also think the logo is racist. I am very smart and above the rest of you."

General Discussion - A question to divines and above only. - DOTABUFF -  Dota 2 Stats

• Like 6

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

You're terminally online, projecting your own views onto everyone else, and need to log off, that's what you are.
plz-stop-post.jpg

• Like 6

Just now, DTConcepts said:

"People are only mad about the Blackhawks covering up sexual assault and borderline pedophilia because the team was good and they also think the logo is racist. I am very smart and above the rest of you."

Reading is a skill: people would be mad in any circumstance, but they are especially deriving schadenfreude from which team it happens to be. Put your 4chan toys away.

• Like 2

Just for the record, and to maybe try and get this back onto some semblance of a rational discussion, I'm a Jets fan but I want Cheveldayoff gone. No ifs, ands, or buts. I don't care that he built the team from literally nothing into what they are, I don't trust him running things there anymore.

• Like 4

I think the Blackhawks could go in the boring team thread too. Well, except for this. Otherwise, I don't think about them.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

Just for the record, and to maybe try and get this back onto some semblance of a rational discussion, I'm a Jets fan but I want Cheveldayoff gone. No ifs, ands, or buts. I don't care that he built the team from literally nothing into what they are, I don't trust him running things there anymore.

Yeah, Cheveldayoff should probably face the same consequences as Bowman, being an executive who was particularly involved with the AHL/black ace side of things. You could/should ban McDonough for life, but it would be merely ceremonial at this point; he's probably on vacation for life now anyway and was neither pursuing nor being pursued for more work in hockey.

In another attempt to steer the conversation away from both mudslinging and the worst takes I've ever seen on these boards...

It's immensely depressing and disheartening that the captain of a team so far removed from the situation has more heart, compassion, and care for Beach than anyone inside the Blackhawks organization or League offices does.

• Like 4

You know, there’s a horrifying feeling growing inside of me. Maybe part of why that degenerate was able to get away with molesting boys was that he wasn’t alone. Graham James is the most famous case of this, but I wonder just how many pedos there are in hockey, especially in Canada where it’s the most popular religion. 

• Like 1

We should be outraged that the sexual assault was allowed to happen and anyone who knew the took place but did not take it with any sense of urgency should be ashamed of themselves. The management should be held to a higher standard than everyone else. There should have been procedures for harassment and abuse within the organization like any company should. 

We not talking as if the Blackhawks should be stripped of, or asterisk the titles  they won.

I don't know if there were any procedures in place in the team or maybe the league when it comes to assault. Combined that with a club that had the longest cup and had been in sorry state (on the ice) for so long, I can at least see how clouded the management's judgment was at the time. 

Sadly, given the past assaults involving hockey personnel in the past, there should have already been culture and procedural changes in hockey by 2010. Sounds like nothing has really changed since Sheldon Kennedy went forward about his story. 

• Like 3

I saw, I came, I left.

13 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

You know, there’s a horrifying feeling growing inside of me. Maybe part of why that degenerate was able to get away with molesting boys was that he wasn’t alone. Graham James is the most famous case of this, but I wonder just how many pedos there are in hockey, especially in Canada where it’s the most popular religion. 

From everything I've read, it's disturbingly rampant. With so many young people away from home, the culture of the game at the developmental level produces and insulates degenerates. 

• Like 2