2021-22 NBA Thread

Gary

For those in the past who have doubted New Orleans' ability or desire to support an NBA team, this was from yesterday:

spacer.png

And please note that this is a number 9 seed team with a losing record that won play-in games to get into the playoffs, AND has played all year without their #1 draft pick "big name" player.

As an aside, J.J. Redick made some crack about the Pels fans being upset-- "all 12 of them".  Of course   a bunch of fans  took that and ran with it, creating the Pels 12 fan group:

https://twitter.com/thepels12

• Like 2

It is what it is.

15 hours ago, who do you think said:

Time to feed another innocent man through the wood chipper that is Charlotte Hornets basketball.

Don't kid yourself - JB was an excellent player developer but he was not the man to get us to the next level. I don't know who the team will hire and I don't know if I necessarily agree with the move but this is a win-now move, made by the team to actually compete in the playoffs.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Remember when people thought Celtics - Nets was going to be a competitive series? 

I mean I guess the games themselves have been pretty close (especially Game 1), but I don't think anyone had the Celtics leading the series 3-0 on the cusp of a sweep. 

They've made KD look completely ordinary. That defense is for real, and with Rob Williams back, it's only going to get better. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

If the Nets drop Kyrie, they would be a better team.

Tell me I'm wrong. 

Also poor Wolves, if they hadn't massively choked in Game 3, they would be leading 3-1 against the Grizzlies right now.  

Kyrie wasn't the only one getting shut down, but he'll still get blamed for all of it. He and Durant both ended up with 16 points. If you get rid of him, who's replacing his output over a whole season?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Kyrie wasn't the only one getting shut down, but he'll still get blamed for all of it. He and Durant both ended up with 16 points. If you get rid of him, who's replacing his output over a whole season?

I'm talking more because he's such a headcase. He's the Antonio Brown of the NBA. Yeah he's one of the top players in the league,  but how much is he worth it with all the BS he causes? 

I'm not watching much of these playoffs because my favorite player isn't playing, but I have a feeling we're looking at Golden State v Boston in the Finals and I can't imagine a worse outcome.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

28 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm not watching much of these playoffs because my favorite player isn't playing, but I have a feeling we're looking at Golden State v Boston in the Finals and I can't imagine a worse outcome.

I think you're overreacting.. Yes, Boston has looked great so far. But, it's Brooklyn -  a team that really cannot get out of their own way to save themselves (BTW, back stiffness my ass... Ben didn't want to take the fall should the Nets lose tomorrow night). Milwaukee is more then likely the next opponent for the Celtics and then they may have either Miami or Philadelphia. Nothing is guaranteed here.

Golden State, on the other hand, looks like the best in the West by default because they seem to be the only top four seed to NOT have issues (despite Jokic taking Denver on his back today and staving off elimination). Phoenix is having to hold off a very game New Orleans team; Memphis is having a slug fest with Minnesota and Utah-Dallas might end up going down to the wire. The Warriors, on the other hand, look to be in great position with a 3-1 lead.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

If the Pels pull off the upset against the Suns, there really is nothing stopping Golden State from the Finals, is there? 

Injuries.  The wildcard is always injuries.

7 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Get over yourself you little (I am intolerant towards the LGBTQ community) 

13 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Who cares? The Celtics almost made the Finals when they gave all his minutes to Terry Rozier (generic scoring guard who wasn't a total embarrassment on defense), then crapped themselves the very next season with Kyrie in the lineup. Any and all 'Kyrie is special and irreplaceable' narratives should have died right then and there, but they didn't because people think NBA 2K = real life.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

I'm talking more because he's such a headcase. He's the Antonio Brown of the NBA. Yeah he's one of the top players in the league,  but how much is he worth it with all the BS he causes? 

Kyrie's biggest issue this year was New York's Covid policy, which didn't affect players from other teams and was waived away when they realized it'll affect the Yankees even more. 

7 hours ago, Crabcake said:

When your created character shows up in a cutscene:

spacer.png

Ben Simmons has been more of an anchor on this team since he can't take a nap without injuring himself apparently.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png