2021-22 NBA Thread

Gary

The only move is for the Lakers to buy out Russell Westbrook. Addition by subtraction, and then hope for something -- anything -- to appear on the buyout market.

What a disaster of a season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't totally get it.. but apparently this was "savage".

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2022/02/10/joel-embiid-ben-simmons-james-harden-trade-trade-ripbozo-meme/

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, tigers said:

I can see the Nets trade really working in the 76ers favour.

Harden still has some time on his hands and his form has been great.

Ben Simmons was never going to play for them again (and I guarantee he will never play in Philadelphia again, and will have mysterious injuries whenever the Nets come here) so they traded Seth Curry and some draft picks for James Harden.  Unless James Harden either murders Joel Embiid or breaks his shins with a lead pipe, it's a good trade for the Sixers.

Even if the chemistry doesn't work and the whole house burns down, it was still a good trade.

The Sixers have two hall-of-famers in their starting lineup due to the process.  Trust the process.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Decent people should boycott any game Ben Simmons plays in.  What an absolute piece of feces.  Dude will live a life of luxury for doing absolutely nothing and making light of mental health issues.  I genuinely hope he someday knows what it's like to suffer.  Being run over by a truck would be a good start.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Ben Simmons was never going to play for them again (and I guarantee he will never play in Philadelphia again, and will have mysterious injuries whenever the Nets come here) so they traded Seth Curry and some draft picks for James Harden.  Unless James Harden either murders Joel Embiid or breaks his shins with a lead pipe, it's a good trade for the Sixers.

Even if the chemistry doesn't work and the whole house burns down, it was still a good trade.

The Sixers have two hall-of-famers in their starting lineup due to the process.  Trust the process.

Yes.

I don't know the full reasoning behind Ben's not wanting to be in Philly after signing that huge contract and i don't really care but the the league should of stepped in and gave him an ultimatum as it looked terrible for him, the club and the league and i find it strange the Nets would want that aura in their establishment.

BTW i think Harden is a thousand times better than Ben.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

I don't believe in heaven and hell, but in the event I'm wrong, I hope Ben Simmons goes directly to hell.  Dude deserves nothing he has in life.

14 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I don't believe in heaven and hell, but in the event I'm wrong, I hope Ben Simmons goes directly to hell.  Dude deserves nothing he has in life.

I watched his dad play in Australia for the Melbourne Tigers he was a fantastic player, Ben qualifies to play for Australia and we really want and need him but he treated us the same as the sixers.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Even if Simmons was actually honoring his contract and performing at his usual standard, you would still trade him for James Harden if you could. The Sixers pulled it off with Simmons literally sitting out and refusing to play and all it cost them was a rent-a-shooter, a career loser of a center, and two worthless draft picks. Unless Simmons gets his act together, the Nets threw away half-a-decade's worth of unprotected first rounders again! Not to mention the $130M they threw away on Kyrie even though they had ample warning that the guy is pure anal cancer. The absolute state of professional basketball in New York.

Here's the NBA draft picks owed page if you want to laugh or give yourself a stroke. I'm not sure what the best/worst part is: all of Brooklyn's draft picks going to Houston, all of Houston's draft picks going to OKC for Westbrick, all of the Clippers' draft picks going to OKC for another anal cancer career loser, needing a bathroom break to get through OKC's "incoming picks" section, the Celtics not having any second rounders past 2023 for I-don't-know-what reason, or the Knicks of all teams being the only one not owing a single future draft pick. Yes, pasty white NBA Twitter nerd, tell me more about how there are no stupid franchises these days.

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

It's a good trade for both teams. Obviously the Sixers cleared away their problem child in exchange for a Hall of Famer when they already have a guy on an MVP season. Simmons is probably a better, if less flashy fit next to Durant and Irving for the Nets, not to mention gives them a future as KD ages and a lot more defensive commitment. Of course there are no guarantees, Harden's conditioning is going to be a problem for a while and the Simmons/Irving locker room dynamic has a real wide range of possible outcomes, though the most likely is that they'll form a great partnership both on the court and in the grift.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Meanwhile the big move in Boston was to reacquire Daniel Theis, furthering the theory that GM Brad Stevens's chief goal is to turn back the clock to the pleasant vibes and exceeded expectations high point of Coach Brad Stevens's tenure. At this rate we'll have a Isaiah Thomas goodwill contract signing by midnight.

10 hours ago, dont care said:

Who would have guessed it was the Nets that would be dumb enough to trade for Simmons. I know harden wanted out, but really? Simmons?

They've let a guy play less than hal;f the season because he refuses to be a team player. I'm not surprised they bought in on Simmons. Also, does Harden not want to be the man or is he afraid of playing on eventual lottery teams? He seems to jump ship when it looks like he'll have to do the heavy lifting. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

41 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They've let a guy play less than hal;f the season because he refuses to be a team player. I'm not surprised they bought in on Simmons. Also, does Harden not want to be the man or is he afraid of playing on eventual lottery teams? He seems to jump ship when it looks like he'll have to do the heavy lifting. 

I think he was the only one on the Nets who spoke up about the Kyrie road show circus.

If a guy can't commit to playing the game, then why bother with him? I don't blame Harden at all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

From Joe Vardon at the Athletic, who generally seems to know things despite his habit of numbering paragraphs for no reason.

1. The Nets were in Cleveland Jan. 17. In their locker room before the game, Kyrie Irving lit ablaze some sage — a Native American ritual Irving has embraced to cleanse negative energy. Irving doesn’t do this before every game, but he apparently still feels haunted by parts of his past on the Cavs. So he lit his torch.

2. Harden, according to sources who were in the room when it happened, was seated in front of his locker, watching Irving, and looked at Kyrie like he had three heads.

3. “Definitely a weird vibe between them,” one source said. “You could tell Harden was annoyed, and Kyrie wasn’t feeling James.”

4. In two seasons, Harden has quit on two teams until they traded him. When he tries to explain this one, my guess is he will not come out and say, explicitly, that he wanted to be as far away from Kyrie as possible. But make no mistake, Irving had something to do with it.

• Like 2

Apparently it’s because Harden was immensely disliked in the Nets locker room, whereas Kyrie isn’t.

Technically, this is a good trade for Philly, but who knows what type of Harden they’re getting. Harden has now quit on and forced a trade on two teams in one year when the going got tough. He’s a known locker room cancer and literally takes no responsibility. 

Good luck, Philly. 

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC